Twitter Fact Checks trump's Tweets. Labels Two As Misleading

But then, the major issue playing out is not twitter, or censorship, it is "attention". In this attention economy in which everyone is in a zero-sum game for the most attention to win (money, fame, votes, whatever), where louts and ghouls set the tone, and their opponents are trapped into maniacal reactions to them, thereby enhancing the attention the ghouls are getting.

Yep. I've said similar things before. No argument from me.

Let's review a very small example in this thread. Some click-bait founts of the rightarded variety caught the protectionist's attention, sparking a case of paranoid xenophobia. He's regurgitating that mindless crap on here, and that in turn captures your (liberals' and other opponents') attention, since there is no way, shape or form of simply ignoring that crap. He has you nicely on a nose ring, and keeps you busy "debunking" what everyone knows is mindless crap, debunked a gazillion times before.

Lol. Yes, I'm certainly guilty of chapping wingers' asses and certainly question their logic most of the time. It is pure therapeutic entertainment for me. :04: In my defense, I don't take much of it too seriously.

So, my point is, the steady stream of attention to rightarded crap on here and in the wider world ensures prominence for ghoulish crap, and success for its peddlers - and that, I hold, explains a large part of Trump's success.

Most certainly. My estimation is that this board is around 2/3rds on the right side of the political spectrum. Hard to avoid rightardedness here.

There has to be a better way to deal with that crap. Or so I would hope.

Sure. Don't participate in the shenanigans at all, for one. But then, where's the fun in that? :04:
I already advised the "better way" Read the links I provided, and get to learn what the hell is going on here. Instead of being a BUNGLING TRUTHNEED, :doubt:

Off course i do. That is why you cant make any points using your own big boy words. That is why you furiously google for agreeable headlines and regurgitate them, while obviously having no understanding of the actual content of any of the articles. You are a fraud, and it is more than obvious.
Well, since you "of course" read the links, than you have no aversion to taking a short little quiz to demonstrate your knowledge of them, right, FFI ? Right ? Right ?
Like I said, you have no way of knowing what I've read . YOU are the fraud.

Here's another question for you >> Should the govt require PROOF OF CITIZENSHIP for voting ? Well Fort Fraud ? What's your answer to that ?

It should be not surprise since Trump has made approx 18k false or misleading statements in office.

The actual tweet is referenced here.
HA HA HA. I've challenged Trump bashers to present ONE lie Trump has ever told. None have ever succeeded.

Are you sure it wasn't 28K ? Or 50K ? Or 10 TRILLION ?

1590623238236.png

Last edited:
I explicitly said i would not read them and spoonfeed them back to you. You literally quoted me saying this.

This is like talking to a retarded ferret.
Well, you're being a good little liberal, and obeying you leftist masters, who order you to avoid all conservative writings (and non partisan ones). After all, we couldn't have you finding out that they have been bullshitting you all along now could we ?

Well, at least you admit you haven't read the links, unlike some libs here who pretend they did, and then run from the quiz.

Seriously? Twitter is infested with vile lies. So, it's just Trump that is telling lies? :auiqs.jpg:
And that makes it okay with you? The President of the United States of America behaving like this?

I would think Twitter trying to censor his thoughts and opinions would bother you more. It seems as if he is the only one that has to be fact-checked or censored. Nevermind the millions of other people on the platform telling lies and misleading people. Nope, not even the Hollywood elite are capable of telling lies, just Trump. Oh, and don't mind other politicians on Twitter misleading people. Just Trump.

Do I want my president acting that way? Of course not. That still doesn't excuse Twitter suddenly getting the urge to arbitrate the exchange of thoughts and opinions.

Seriously? Twitter is infested with vile lies. So, it's just Trump that is telling lies? :auiqs.jpg:
And that makes it okay with you? The President of the United States of America behaving like this?

I would think Twitter trying to censor his thoughts and opinions would bother you more. It seems as if he is the only one that has to be fact-checked or censored. Nevermind the millions of other people on the platform telling lies and misleading people. Nope, not even the Hollywood elite are capable of telling lies, just Trump. Oh, and don't mind other politicians on Twitter misleading people. Just Trump.

Do I want my president acting that way? Of course not. That still doesn't excuse Twitter suddenly getting the urge to arbitrate the exchange of thoughts and opinions.

Well, we all know (by now) Trump is going to "act" the way others may find bothersome. It's his way of getting what he feels need to be said. Whether anyone agrees toward his tweets, can be taken either way. You either support what he says no matter what. Or you (in general) will hate what he says - in this case, what he tweets.

You know, I wonder if we had Twitter in the late 1770's, and our Forefathers were around, what would they be tweeting?

I don't think social media should be censoring what others say on their sites. Yes, I know...they can do whatever they want. We can also do whatever we want - by not joining.

These sites depend on advertisements. But most of all, they depend on us people to fill the sites up. They would not be around, if we weren't going there.

Look what happened to Myspace. I know Facebook and Twitter pretty much "took over". But Myspace was doing fine at the time.

1. Trump does tell lies. DOES. Anyone who claims he is the paragon of truth is an idiot.
2. Trump does not lie every time he speaks or tweets. Anyone who claims he is is also an idiot.

See, that wasn't so hard, now was it?

Speaking of empty threats, Reuters reports, "U.S. President Donald Trump will sign an executive order on social media companies on Thursday, White House officials said after Trump threatened to shut down the platform he accused of stifling conservative voices.

"The officials, who spoke to reporters traveling with Trump to Washington from Florida aboard Air Force One on Wednesday, gave no further details."

I think it is fair to say, Trump doesn't know the further details. There is not a thing he can do, and he knows it.

Despite Trump’s threats to the contrary, Twitter is not violating the First Amendment by marking up his tweets. Unlike the government, Twitter is a private company that can moderate its users’ speech as it pleases, without legal penalty.

I am really looking forward to seeing that E.O.

Forum List

Back