Turkey student arrested for 'insulting' the president

Sally

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2012
I guess Turkey doesn't have any Freedom of Speech laws.

Turkey student arrested for 'insulting' the president
AFP
Published about 20 hours ago
549bdda1ceb8e.jpg

Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan. — AFP/File
ANKARA: A 16-year-old high school student has been arrested in central Turkey for “insulting” President Recep Tayyip Erdogan by accusing him and his ruling party of corruption, local media reported on Thursday.

The young boy, identified by his initials MEA, was believed to be a member of a leftist organisation, the Hurriyet newspaper reported.

He was delivering a speech on Wednesday in the central Anatolian city of Konya, a bastion of Erdogan's Islamic-rooted Justice and Development Party (AKP), in memory of a young secular teacher killed by Islamists in 1930, according to the newspaper.

The boy is now facing up to four years in prison if convicted on the charge.

Continue reading at:

Turkey student arrested for insulting the president - World - DAWN.COM

We're not far behind.

I have to disagree with you there. People have said what they want to about the President, members of Congress, Governors of States, etc., etc., and no one has been arrested for saying anything that would be considered derogatory against those to whom the comment was made.

I have to disagree with you there. People have said what they want to about the President, members of Congress, Governors of States, etc., etc., and no one has been arrested for saying anything that would be considered derogatory against those to whom the comment was made.
That will change when Pres. Obama declares martial law and establishes a dictatorship before the 2016 elections. .... :cool:

We're not far behind.

Not yet.

We're not far behind.

Not yet.

I don't think the American people will give up the right of free speech.

We're not far behind.

Not yet.

Not voluntarily, no.

We're not far behind.

Not yet.

Not voluntarily, no.

For one thing, I don't think the Constitution will be changed to take away Freedom of Speech. I think you are worrying unnecessarily.

We're not far behind.

Not yet.

Not voluntarily, no.

For one thing, I don't think the Constitution will be changed to take away Freedom of Speech. I think you are worrying unnecessarily.
The Constitution didn't have to be changed for Obama to grant amnesty either but he did, even though it was unconstitutional.

Not yet.

Not voluntarily, no.

The Constitution didn't have to be changed for Obama to grant amnesty either but he did, even though it was unconstitutional.

Wasn't there a judge who said that what Obama did was unconstitutional. Meanwhile, so far I haven't seen that amnesty has actually been granted to people.

Forum List

Back