Turkey puts western "Democracy" to the test.

CaptainRussia

Platinum Member
Feb 28, 2022
Turkey will object NATO membership of Finland and Sweden unless following conditions are met:

1. US, Finland, Sweden must extradite all of Erdogan's political opponents back to Turkey
  2. Must abandon their Kurdish "allies" allies in Syria (All the better for Russia, Syria and Iran since they would have no choice but to ally with Assad and let them into their terretory)
  3. Recognition of Turkish held Northern Cyprus as its own nation and Northern Syria, Afrin, as part of Turkey
  4. Sell Turkey the (faulty) F-35s and invite them back into the program.
  5. Lift all sanctions for Turkey's S-400 purchase
Thats quite a lot Erdogan asks for and he certainly is in a position to do so since Turkeys vote counts. Biden already approved arms sales to Turkey and i would not be surprised if US government would be desperate enough to give up their "democracy" to do what their largest, most vital ally wants. They could alternatively throw Turkey out of NATO, but Turkey is too important.

Stoltenberg once said that NATO is stronger than ever before, yet there is their second largest and powerful member defying them and even working against them. NATO has never been so brittle.

Turkey will object NATO membership of Finland and Sweden unless following conditions are met:

1. US, Finland, Sweden must extradite all of Erdogan's political opponents back to Turkey
  2. Must abandon their Kurdish "allies" allies in Syria (All the better for Russia, Syria and Iran since they would have no choice but to ally with Assad and let them into their terretory)
  3. Recognition of Turkish held Northern Cyprus as its own nation and Northern Syria, Afrin, as part of Turkey
  4. Sell Turkey the (faulty) F-35s and invite them back into the program.
  5. Lift all sanctions for Turkey's S-400 purchase
Thats quite a lot Erdogan asks for and he certainly is in a position to do so since Turkeys vote counts. Biden already approved arms sales to Turkey and i would not be surprised if US government would be desperate enough to give up their "democracy" to do what their largest, most vital ally wants. They could alternatively throw Turkey out of NATO, but Turkey is too important.

Stoltenberg once said that NATO is stronger than ever before, yet there is their second largest and powerful member defying them and even working against them. NATO has never been so brittle.

Well, I'm not an expert on Turkey and their importance to Western Interests. However, in a democracy there are votes and such votes should settle an issue at some threshold.

If Turkey is the sole and clear outlier, again, accepting my ignorance as to their importance to NATO and the like (I might abandon the premise of such a vote if information directed me to a more pragmatic, advantageous decision); than I imagine NATO countries can have a vote as to Turkeys membership in NATO.

If a vote renders them stripped of their NATO status than the other members can vote for Sweden and Finland accordingly. It would essentially be a 2 for 1 deal and seemingly welcome nations more in line with the other members interests.

I am simply spitballing here with incomplete information.

Turkey is a shithole country and never should have been part of NATO. It's run by a bunch of goat fucking carpet pilots and is a drain on the civilized world like most of the globe's islamic countries are. That's because islam is a disease. When Constantinople is returned to western Christian control then the region will be viable. Until then it will remain a barely stable shithole country.

Over 62% of Turkish residents deem Russia a friendly country, while 90% perceive the United States as an enemy, according to a Gezici poll published by the Ulusal broadcaster.

Forum List

Back