TSA harasses mother trying to keep her baby safe

Of course you do, I would expect nothing more, unless of course that happened to you

What happened to that woman is nothing less than harassment, and a violation of her 4th amendment rights
I'm not seeing it. From what I can see in the video she did not declare the milk ahead of time and she didn't want it to go through xray. She has no more right to avoid the xray machine than anyone else.

Ravi, darling...I do not think that is even the point anymore. Can you just one time put yourself in the shoes of someone who has no ill intention...just trying to get from A to B. And being searched and humiliated and having your rights violated..AND missing your flight because the TSA is weilding power over you? Can you imagine what that feels like, how deeply violated you would feel?
I know exactly how it feels...but it isn't a violation for God's sake. Like I've said before, if y'all made a fuss over my "right" to leave my shoes on your protestations at this point would be more bearable.

Watching the video it isn't clear that she asked for alternate screening ahead of time. There really is no reason not to let the milk go through xray for that matter.

I call BS.

I'm certainly not someone who is hyper concerned about such things normally....

But I wouldn't want to feed my baby x-rayed milk, either. You protect your gonads in the x-ray machines for a reason, and if this mom travels often, she probably brings quite a lot of breast milk through airports. I wouldn't want to risk it, and I think it might be a sticking point eventually.

I went to work right after having my last child, and I REALLY wanted to breast feed for as long as possible; I tried pumping and all that, but it was a HUGE hassle (we shared a bathroom with our male clients) and after the first week, I was like, I'm not up for this.

If there is alternate screening, there is no reason in the world why they couldn't have used it, except they wanted to mess with her. UNLESS they had some reason to think she was trying to smuggle something.

I'm not seeing it. From what I can see in the video she did not declare the milk ahead of time and she didn't want it to go through xray. She has no more right to avoid the xray machine than anyone else.

Ravi, darling...I do not think that is even the point anymore. Can you just one time put yourself in the shoes of someone who has no ill intention...just trying to get from A to B. And being searched and humiliated and having your rights violated..AND missing your flight because the TSA is weilding power over you? Can you imagine what that feels like, how deeply violated you would feel?
I know exactly how it feels...but it isn't a violation for God's sake. Like I've said before, if y'all made a fuss over my "right" to leave my shoes on your protestations at this point would be more bearable.

You were harassed? And groped, and left in a glass box for all to see? :eek:

Yes, she did. She asked them before they screened anything to not run the milk through the x-ray machine. She wasn't avoiding the x-ray machine, she didn't want already pumped breast milk to go through x-ray. The TSA picked on her because she filed a complaint . . . because the TSA wasn't following procedure on this.
That's what she says...but we have no way of knowing the truth. I see no milk in the video and I do not understand why she would care if it went through the xray or not.

Because in going through the x-ray, it becomes irradiated, and that goes into the baby's stomach. It's poison. And since it's not even an x-ray made for humans, chances are the levels used are much higher, so the chance of poisoning is much higher.

I couldn't get the youtube thing to work, so I don't know what exactly was going on. But I'm sure I'm missing something in the subject matter. If a mother does not have her infant with her on the flight, why would she be carrying breast milk? Wouldn't it have made better sense for her to leave it at home so that whoever was feeding the child would have the supply at hand?

On the other hand, if she had the infant with her, would she necessarily need to carry bottles of breast milk with her when she's going to still be producing it herself? Why not carry a diaper or blanket to cover herself if she's a modest person? If she's not a modest person she could just flop out the old boob and let the child have at it.

She likely pumped before she left then went away long enough that she needed to pump again . . . A) to take back for the baby and B) so her bewbs didn't explode. What a waste it would have been to just pump it into the sink.

The TSA is being nothing but a bully in this case. The vid says she did this before. . . . so TSA decides to harass her instead of checking her off as 'not a terrorist'? wtf?? :cuckoo:

It's nobody's business how or when she pumps or why she wants that milk. If she is missing feedings, she probably freezes the stuff for the baby when she isn't there. You throw it out, all you have is what you have in your body..what does your baby drink next time you're gone? I went through this, it's a huge hassle and that stuff is like gold. You're saving it for a reason...the baby drinks it when you aren't there. You have to carefully monitor what you have on hand, how long it's out, how long it's in the freezer...and it's really hard to keep enough to keep a growing baby happy, if you're absent regularly.

Last edited:
Yes, she did. She asked them before they screened anything to not run the milk through the x-ray machine. She wasn't avoiding the x-ray machine, she didn't want already pumped breast milk to go through x-ray. The TSA picked on her because she filed a complaint . . . because the TSA wasn't following procedure on this.
That's what she says...but we have no way of knowing the truth. I see no milk in the video and I do not understand why she would care if it went through the xray or not.

Because in going through the x-ray, it becomes irradiated, and that goes into the baby's stomach. It's poison. And since it's not even an x-ray made for humans, chances are the levels used are much higher, so the chance of poisoning is much higher.
Disagree...milk is not living tissue and it wouldn't have the same effect as xraying a person.

Ravi, you are not a scientist. You do realize the reason radiated areas are cleared out is because the radiation lingers in non-living material? It can be consumed? Inanimate objects can be poisoned?

I hope you don't use a microwave, Babble. :lol:

So Ravi my question is.... You are OK with this woman being harassed and her 4th amendment rights being violated?
I don't know the truth of the matter. It sounds to me as if she went there looking for trouble and got what she wanted. Again, there is no reason for her to not send the milk through xray.

As to her 4th amendment rights being violated I am not seeing that in this case or any so far posted about the tsa.

I can't believe they left the baby in the xray machine the entire time!

they have always been able to bring on breast milk.

more BS.

Always? Why did the TSA have to revise the rules if they always could do it? Does every TSA goon in every airport both know this and actually follow the rules? The problems I am pointing out may be the exceptions, but they do occur.

Watching the video it isn't clear that she asked for alternate screening ahead of time. There really is no reason not to let the milk go through xray for that matter.

I call BS.

Hey genius, I posted a link to the rules, which clearly state that you can ask for alternate screening at the time of the screening. And, believe it or not, the TSA says you do not have to send breast milk through an X-ray. Since you are not a doctor that makes both points you are using to call BS BS.

I couldn't get the youtube thing to work, so I don't know what exactly was going on. But I'm sure I'm missing something in the subject matter. If a mother does not have her infant with her on the flight, why would she be carrying breast milk? Wouldn't it have made better sense for her to leave it at home so that whoever was feeding the child would have the supply at hand?

On the other hand, if she had the infant with her, would she necessarily need to carry bottles of breast milk with her when she's going to still be producing it herself? Why not carry a diaper or blanket to cover herself if she's a modest person? If she's not a modest person she could just flop out the old boob and let the child have at it.

She was apparently on a business trip and left the baby at home.

I call BS.

Of course you do, I would expect nothing more, unless of course that happened to you

What happened to that woman is nothing less than harassment, and a violation of her 4th amendment rights

Even if what you are saying is completely true, she is not required to by TSA regulations.

End of discussion.

And she doesn't look to me like she's there to make trouble. She looks and acts upset. I would be, too.

Are you a nursing mother? The regulations allow her to refuse X-ray screening of breast milk and to ask for alternate screening methods, even if she does not have a reason to ask. Why do you keep harping on this when it is clear she is right?

Because she's Ravi. It's not about being right. It's about controlling the masses, who are to be feared and held suspect. If they weren't, Ravi would fear they might overrun the earth and eventually storm the walls of her castle...

Ravi is an elitist who thinks everyone else needs to be told what to do and how to do it. That's all you ever need to know about her. Nothing touches her. Fear, morality, ethics, honor, money - these mean absolutely nothing to her.

Forum List

Back