Trying to understand why my job is letting us go home at 1pm on new years eve but

fbj

Gold Member
Jul 10, 2014
Made us work all day the Wednesday before Thanksgiving? Does that sound bizarre to anyone?

Why would we need to get out early for new years eve? And why is the dismissal earlier than the one on Christmas eve?

Confusing

because partying is more important than eating turkey?

plus, everyone celebrates on Dec 31st.
Say you have to be at a party by 5pm - well, hard to get ready and be there.....

Unless you are the one preparing the Thanksgiving meal, no need to be off on Wednesday. If you have to travel, you need to take PTO/Vacation time.

You need a life so fuckin bad..
Hopefully, one day, you will find your very own "Helen keller" and you might actually have one..

Depends on the work demand. If you work in retail or anything related, there is still huge demand around Thanksgiving (Black Friday, Cyber Monday) that affects other areas of shipping and consumer activity.

What field do you work in? Does it slow down at the end of the year, where the company would be wasting resources paying people to be there doing nothing that couldn't wait until after the holiday when you return?

Made us work all day the Wednesday before Thanksgiving? Does that sound bizarre to anyone?

Why would we need to get out early for new years eve? And why is the dismissal earlier than the one on Christmas eve?

Confusing

They're hoping you will get enough booze in you so you will give that woman a back rub later that night...

One company I have worked for in the past gave us both Eve's off ( Christmas and New Years ) and with pay, but it seem the owner of your company is Scrooge and let you out a little early on a non-religious holiday or the eve of it...

Confusing
It isn't supposed to make sense. It's arbitrary and insane.

Confusing

They're hoping you will get enough booze in you so you will give that woman a back rub later that night...

One company I have worked for in the past gave us both Eve's off ( Christmas and New Years ) and with pay, but it seem the owner of your company is Scrooge and let you out a little early on a non-religious holiday or the eve of it...
You know them fro bros be hittin' what evah dey can get....

I wonder if he would stop posting if we stopped answering....

Forum List

Back