Trumpy Televangelist Running for Congress in SC

okfine

Diamond Member
Jun 15, 2019
Gold Coast

I saw the above mention of McCarthyism and I had to post the following.

"South Carolina's Mark Burns, a televangelist, Christian nationalist, and pro-Trump Republican candidate for Congress, is promising to revive McCarthyism if elected. Burns says he will "revive" the House Committee on Un-American Activities (HCUA), which for decades was used to blacklist private citizens suspected of disloyalty to the United States or of holding communist or fascist beliefs, or ties to foreign enemy governments."

Just when you thought you heard it all, some whacko from South Caroline rears his head.
Promises in a nutshell. Or is that a "nutbag?"

"When I'm elected, I am going to help formulate and re-energize a committee called 'HUAC,'" Burns said on Real America's Voice, the far-right streaming service that also hosts Steve Bannon."

"HUAC is the House of Un-American Activities Committee," he said, erroneously. "This is a committee – it is not a new committee – it was a committee that was during the time, that existed in the 40s and 50s. But it's a committee that is sole purpose is to identify Americans, media, elected officials who are doing un-American activities and to hold them for treason here in America."

I saw the above mention of McCarthyism and I had to post the following.

"South Carolina's Mark Burns, a televangelist, Christian nationalist, and pro-Trump Republican candidate for Congress, is promising to revive McCarthyism if elected. Burns says he will "revive" the House Committee on Un-American Activities (HCUA), which for decades was used to blacklist private citizens suspected of disloyalty to the United States or of holding communist or fascist beliefs, or ties to foreign enemy governments."

Just when you thought you heard it all, some whacko from South Caroline rears his head.
Promises in a nutshell. Or is that a "nutbag?"

"When I'm elected, I am going to help formulate and re-energize a committee called 'HUAC,'" Burns said on Real America's Voice, the far-right streaming service that also hosts Steve Bannon."

"HUAC is the House of Un-American Activities Committee," he said, erroneously. "This is a committee – it is not a new committee – it was a committee that was during the time, that existed in the 40s and 50s. But it's a committee that is sole purpose is to identify Americans, media, elected officials who are doing un-American activities and to hold them for treason here in America."

How is the Jan 6th Committee any different than the HCUA at this point?

BUT THATS OUR PARTISANISM okfine would say.

Forum List

Back