Trump’s New Spy Chief Worked For A Foreign Politician The U.S. Accused of Corruption

Revenue has increased in every year 17-18 and 18-19. You’re wrong again, Leftist

Who Really Pays Uncle Sam's Bills?

The Treasury Department reported this week that individual income tax collections for FY 2018 totaled $1.7 trillion. That's up $14 billion from fiscal 2017, and an all-time high. And that's despite the fact that individual income tax rates got a significant cut this year as part of President Donald Trump's tax reform plan.
No need to copy paste portions of an out of date article I have already read. But thanks.

I pasted actual revenue results
Yes, you made a simpleton's point, made for simpletons

I posted analysis of revenue as a percentage of gdp, which, of course, is the more accurate method of measuring the effects.

One could try to make the argument this is due to fast GDP growth...that is, until one looks at the facts and sees that GDP growth was slower in 2019 than in 2017, when the cuts were passed
A failure, across the board, that literally everyone who knows anything about fiscal policy saw coming.

I pasted actual revenue results
Yes, you made a simpleton's point, made for simpletons

I posted analysis of revenue as a percentage of gdp, which, of course, is the more accurate method of measuring the effects.

One could try to make the argument this is due to fast GDP growth...that is, until one looks at the facts and sees that GDP growth was slower in 2019 than in 2017, when the cuts were passed
A failure, across the board, that literally everyone who knows anything about fiscal policy saw coming.

So you don't care about absolute dollars? Would GDP be as strong without the cuts?

So you don't care about absolute dollars?
As the only data for the analysis? No, that would be stupid.

So when you pay your mortgage do you pay the amount due or a % of your income?
Also dumb. Not relevant. What is relevant is measuring tax revenue as a percentage of gdp. And our ratio fell, as expected by anyone who knows anything about it who was either honest or not deluded by failed trickle down policy fantasies.

Those tax cuts were simply bad policy. You don't cut taxes in an economy that has recovered from an expensive recession and is chugging along. You raise them. Because, another recession is coming.

So you don't care about absolute dollars?
As the only data for the analysis? No, that would be stupid.

So when you pay your mortgage do you pay the amount due or a % of your income?
Also dumb. Not relevant. What is relevant is measuring tax revenue as a percentage of gdp. And our ratio fell, as expected by anyone who knows anything about it who was either honest or not deluded by failed trickle down policy fantasies.

Those tax cuts were simply bad policy. You don't cut taxes in an economy that has recovered from an expensive recession and is chugging along. You raise them. Because, another recession is coming.
But the GDP may not have been as high without the cuts? Again do you pay your mortgage in absolute dollars or as a percentage of your income? Answer the question. If you can?

Forum List

Back