Trump's massive infrastructure, defense plans will lead to ruin, Ron Paul says

JakeStarkey

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2009
Ron Paul makes sense. I wonder what our small govt conservatives and the libertarians here think about his comments. I know the Alt Right already-cucks will defend Trump hell or high water. Deficit, I don't care about no stinking deficit, that only applies to admins I don't like, they will say.

The point is this: if we massively spend to upgrade a military that needs no massive upgrade and to rebuild a truly-needed-rebuild of our infrastructure while cutting taxes massiviely, Trump will have to massively borrow.

We all know what that means.

Ron Paul says to expect an economic ‘downturn’ under Trump, not a revival

For all the fanfare that greeted President Donald Trump at his inauguration on Friday, the next four years of his presidency could very well be marred by a weakening economy as a result of "injurious" policies.

That's according to past Texas Congressman and former presidential candidate Ron Paul, who joined CNBC's "Futures Now" last week to echo his past sentiments about the new president.

Most notably, the well-known Trump critic believes that the President's proposed plans could overspend the economy into trouble and drive the Federal Reserve to interfere.

"With his massive increase in infrastructure and the military, I think there's going to be a lot more spending," said Paul. "The debt is going to be much bigger [and] I think that will put more pressure" on the Federal Reserve, he said, with the central bank already planning to tighten interest rates.

"You have good times, and then you have bad times to compensate for the artificially good times," he added. "So we'll have a downturn and that will be a real challenge for the new administration."

Forum List

Back