Trump's history of not renting to black tenants

manifold

Diamond Member
Feb 19, 2008
your dreams
Is Trump's well documented history of refusing to rent his properties to black tenants racist, prudent business practice, or both? :dunno:

Please discuss.

after years of property management.....race etc does not matter....i have seen condos trashed by the upper class and by white trash....i will admit the white trash would be bad...furniture burned etc...upper class shit would be the assumption of total privileged type shit...now with that said ....again i live in a majority white area

Is Trump's well documented history of refusing to rent his properties to black tenants racist, prudent business practice, or both? :dunno:

Please discuss.

More info needed.

Example Q.: Did Trump rent to any Black member of the NY Giants or Jets, NY Yankees or Mets; NY Nicks or Brooklyn Nets? Do tokens count?

I thought it was he just didn't rent to "welfare classes". Looked like a lot of businesses were getting sued for that and all cases got dropped with no admission of guilt. IDK

honestly, I wouldn't want a bunch of lower class people living in my buildings either lol. Black or not.

Please discuss.

Please discuss.

Obviously a learned practice. His father was a KKK supporter.

His start up wealth was handed to him on a silver platter, most likely with stipulations.

An apple usually does not fall far from it's tree.

Please discuss.

Please discuss.

His start up wealth was handed to him on a silver platter, most likely with stipulations.

You should prove that.

Please discuss.

Please discuss.

You should prove that.

Donald Trump's Father Was A KKK Member? Parents Frank Trump And Mary MacLeod Made New York Home

Please discuss.

Please discuss.

You should prove that.

Donald Trump's Father Was A KKK Member? Parents Frank Trump And Mary MacLeod Made New York Home
The Klan were close to the peak of their political game at that time. He could have been in the wrong place at the wrong time.
The second Klan was a formal fraternal organization, with a national and state structure. At its peak in the mid-1920s, the organization claimed to include about 15% of the nation's eligible population,
Ku Klux Klan - Wikipedia

Please discuss.

Please discuss.

You should prove that.

The Klan were close to the peak of their political game at that time. He could have been in the wrong place at the wrong time.
The second Klan was a formal fraternal organization, with a national and state structure. At its peak in the mid-1920s, the organization claimed to include about 15% of the nation's eligible population,
Ku Klux Klan - Wikipedia

Could be. Of course affiliation with the KKK during that era was more common than uncommon.

In the same article one of the elder Trumps own associates recalls being told to put a rental application from a prospective renter who looked to be a qualified renter "in his desk drawer.....because I don't rent to n*****s". The future #45 was in his late teens at the time and was standing right there....

I don't suppose that he picked up any sentiments like that from his father?

Only he knows for sure.

Please discuss.

Please discuss.

You should prove that.

Ku Klux Klan - Wikipedia

Could be. Of course affiliation with the KKK during that era was more common than uncommon.

In the same article one of the elder Trumps own associates recalls being told to put a rental application from a prospective renter who looked to be a qualified renter "in his desk drawer.....because I don't rent to n*****s". The future #45 was in his late teens at the time and was standing right there....

I don't suppose that he picked up any sentiments like that from his father?

Only he knows for sure.

So if the black community is put back to work by new jobs from this administrations policies will that question be important?

I view it as more opportunistic than racist, but highly unethical nonetheless.

honestly, I wouldn't want a bunch of lower class people living in my buildings either lol. Black or not.

He turned down black people, and not poor people. Those he denied residency were financially capable of paying for their properties. They weren't accepted because black folk were bad for property values, and Trump cared more about money than doing the right thing.

Forum List

Back