trump’s heir? Some supporters eye DeSantis as alternative

A recent poll from The Associated Press-Center for Public Affairs Research found that while 71% of Republicans have a favorable opinion of Trump, a smaller percentage — 56% — want him to run again in 2024. The poll found 44% of Republicans do not want Trump to run.

Longtime GOP pollster Frank Luntz, who has conducted focus groups of voter opinion, said Republicans have fractured into three distinct blocs: those who have moved on from Trump, those who “will follow him off a cliff,” and those who “really appreciate him, follow him, are still strongly favorable towards him,” but are looking for another option.

“He still has a core of somewhere between one-third and 40% that will vote for him no matter what,” Luntz said. “But it is now a minority. It was the majority up until six months ago. But it is now the minority.”

Do want someone other than trump to run?

Someone like DeSantis?
Frank Luntz is a neo-Con piece of shit.

I'm not a Republican, but I did vote for Trump. I won't vote for him again.

I want someone in the office who exudes a proper confidence and purpose. I want someone who shows unwavering poise in the face of adversity. I want someone who will do exactly what he says and who'll not apologize for not pleasing all of the people all of the time.

Trump just doesn't check off those boxes for me. DeSantis does. As much as I would hate to lose DeSantis as a Governor, I would love to see him in the White House...
Would you settle for Vice President for DeSantis, then onto President when Trump cleans the dirty house Biden is preparing for the next guy. That's all good for all concerned, imho, because the Democrats owe America for cheating at the polls, big time. Also, Nancy's splurges to enrich herself and her husband and family has pushed the National Debt to Thirty trillion dollars and running so she can get a few measley millions for herself. :stir:

I'm not a Republican, but I did vote for Trump. I won't vote for him again.

I want someone in the office who exudes a proper confidence and purpose. I want someone who shows unwavering poise in the face of adversity. I want someone who will do exactly what he says and who'll not apologize for not pleasing all of the people all of the time.

Trump just doesn't check off those boxes for me. DeSantis does. As much as I would hate to lose DeSantis as a Governor, I would love to see him in the White House...
What are you smoking?
You realize that the President can't just do anything he please across the Legislation spectrum.

Would you settle for Vice President for DeSantis, then onto President when Trump cleans the dirty house Biden is preparing for the next guy. That's all good for all concerned, imho, because the Democrats owe America for cheating at the polls, big time. Also, Nancy's splurges to enrich herself and her husband and family has pushed the National Debt to Thirty trillion dollars and running so she can get a few measley millions for herself. :stir:

I would really prefer Trump not be President again...

DiSantis isn't running if trump does.

I'm aware of that, but that isn't what we were discussing. You said "Trump's the closest we've got."

I disagreed and offered DeSantis as another example.

Not real sure what you're trying to argue about...

I'm aware of that, but that isn't what we were discussing. You said "Trump's the closest we've got."

I disagreed and offered DeSantis as another example.

Not real sure what you're trying to argue about...
Congress will swallow DeSantis alive.

Republicans have fractured into three distinct blocs: those who have moved on from Trump, those who “will follow him off a cliff,” and those who “really appreciate him, follow him, are still strongly favorable towards him,” but are looking for another option.
------------------------------------------------------
into distinct blocs:
  1. the 'cliff'-ers ---- Trump for President
  2. the 'another option'---DeSantis for President?
  3. the 'moved on' ------ Mitt Romney for President?
  4. the Democrats ----- Harris? or Buttigeig? or Biden?

Personally, I am in favor of four POTUS candidtates, maybe like above, in order to give more Americans more choices when we go to the polls in 2024.

1. the 'cliff'-ers ---- Trump for President
  2. the 'another option'---DeSantis for President?
  3. the 'moved on' ------ Mitt Romney for President? ........ Crenshaw?
  4. the Democrats ----- Harris? or Buttigeig? or Biden?

Forum List

Back