Trump will reportedly stop criminally prosecuting migrant families that cross the border illegally

in Tx -

First-time border crossers don’t usually do prison time. After a few weeks in jail awaiting trial, they’re usually brought before a judge in mass assembly-line prosecutions (according to Lomi Kriel of the Houston Chronicle, one courtroom in McAllen, Texas, has been hearing 1,000 cases a day in recent weeks) and sentenced, within minutes, to time served — as long as they plead guilty. Then deported.

Criminal charges come with constitutional protections .

It’s so much easier to deal wh them in the immigration courts than criminal courts .

criminal trials take months sometimes years - immigration courts take 1/10th of that much time ...

convince that to dumbass RW's takes f'n decades .

A lot of them seem to not care to fuck with any of it. Just kick them out and close the door behind them, no questions. Build a wall so they don't walk back etc.
Right, easy to predict. Just think up the most simple minded idea that requires zero knowledge of any of this, and that will be the Trump supporter's suggested solution.

Right, easy to predict. Just think up the most simple minded idea that requires zero knowledge of any of this, and that will be the Trump supporter's suggested solution.

What's your solution? I imagine illegal immigration isn't on the top of your pressing issues list, so maybe you just don't have one.

What's your solution? I imagine illegal immigration isn't on the top of your pressing issues list, so maybe you just don't have one.
I don't think there is an easy solution. I believe we need amnesty and I think all of these people should get a path to cotizenship. Not all will make it, but it would relieve a lot of pressure.

----------------------------------------------- think that FTFun is a lefty dem or maybe libertarian or just an anarchist . just a guess .

Criminal charges come with constitutional protections .

It’s so much easier to deal wh them in the immigration courts than criminal courts .

criminal trials take months sometimes years - immigration courts take 1/10th of that much time ...

convince that to dumbass RW's takes f'n decades .

Yeah. Good idea to put some poor thing mom in front of a jury to tell her horrible life story . Not only will you not get a conviction, she now has legit proof for her asylum case .

I don't think there is an easy solution. I believe we need amnesty and I think all of these people should get a path to cotizenship. Not all will make it, but it would relieve a lot of pressure.

Where would you draw the line and maybe start to sound more conservative on the issue? How much immigration is acceptable? Does taking a soft stance encourage more to cross illegally? At what point would it actually start to be an economic problem that we need to deal with?

illegal immigration is a RW talking point ..... I never have my daily life effected by illegal immigrants. I'd never know they existed if it wasnt for pussy RWs crying about them 24/7.

and I live in Texas !

my only concern with them is that eventually they will vote or advocate for their foreign ways . One issue for example is gun control or sharia law provisions within Western law and the First Amendment Siete . Already and on this board there is a 'barber' pushing for gun control in the USA Siete .

Draw the line...how?

Well, Republicans think illegals and large amounts of legal immigration are a threat to our economy and way of life. Is there any point at which you could start agreeing with them? What if we were letting in 10 million a year? 20 million? What if we just stopped guarding our border and going after illegals altogether? I guess I'm trying to figure out where your convictions on this issue begin and end. What's too much?

EDIT: You can support efforts to stop immigration, illegal or not, and not demonize the people trying to get here. They're poor, desperate and they have families to feed. I'd hop the border too if I was one of them.

Last edited:
One issue for example is gun control or sharia law provisions within Western law and the First Amendment Siete
You can't vote those changes in. So rest easy, you are afraid of boogeymen that don't exist.

Furthermore, this country is great at assimilating people. Their kids will be as Americanized as anyone. So stop worrying about that nonsense.

Well, Republicans think illegals and large amounts of legal immigration are a threat to our economy and way of life
Let's be clear: they think ANY amount of i.migration,legal or otherwise, by people who look and act differently than them threatens their "way of life". I refuse to romanticize this shit.

Let's be clear: they think ANY amount of i.migration,legal or otherwise, by people who look and act differently than them threatens their "way of life".

At some point though it starts to have a real impact on our culture and economy, no? Maybe we're not at that point, but I want to know what you think that point would be.

I refuse to romanticize this shit.

I'm just trying to get you to think in ways that might make you uncomfortable. It's good for people to do that from time to time.

One issue for example is gun control or sharia law provisions within Western law and the First Amendment Siete
You can't vote those changes in. So rest easy, you are afraid of boogeymen that don't exist.

Furthermore, this country is great at assimilating people. Their kids will be as Americanized as anyone. So stop worrying about that nonsense.
----------------------------------------- sure , you can advocate for changes in the Constitution and they can eventually vote . See where muslims in the USA advocate against Freedom of Speech and try to kill cartoonists in Texas that drew picture of 'mohamad' FTFun .

Let's be clear: they think ANY amount of i.migration,legal or otherwise, by people who look and act differently than them threatens their "way of life".

At some point though it starts to have a real impact on our culture and economy, no? Maybe we're not at that point, but I want to know what you think that point would be.

I refuse to romanticize this shit.

I'm just trying to get you to think in ways that might make you uncomfortable. It's good for people to do that from time to time.

then think about eliminating these #'s from our economy -

Hispanic households account for a large portion of America’s spending power. In 2015, Hispanics had an estimated after-tax income of more than $687.8 billion. That figure is equivalent to almost one out of every 10 dollars of disposable income held in the United States that year. Foreign-born Hispanic households made up a sizeable portion of that figure: We estimate their spending power totaled $322.1 billion that year. The growing earnings of Hispanic households have made them major contributors to U.S. tax revenue. In 2015, Hispanic households contributed almost $215 billion to U.S. tax revenues as a whole, including almost $76 billion in state and local tax payments. Of this, foreign-born Hispanics contributed $96.9 billion in tax revenues nationwide. That included almost $36 billion in state and local taxes and more than $61 billion in taxes to the federal government

At some point though it starts to have a real impact on our culture and economy, no?
At what point,exactly, is that? You don't know? Neither do I. Have we reached that point? Economists say no, and that we need more young people in the workforce and more labor, period.

Any line we draw will be the subject of debate.

sure , you can advocate for changes in the Constitution and they can eventually vote
Not without 2/3 of the states ratifying an amendment. You cannot honestly believe the stuff you are saying. You really need to think this through. You are not being rational.

see here FTFun . muslims in Minnesota would prefer 'muslim sharia' in the USA FTFun . --- --- Get enough foreigners in the USA agitating , advocating and then voting and unConstitutional change will happen FTFun .

see here FTFun . muslims in Minnesota would prefer 'muslim sharia' in the USA FTFun . --- --- Get enough foreigners in the USA agitating , advocating and then voting and unConstitutional change will happen FTFun .

So what if they want Sharia? They aren't getting g it. And for you to generalize to all immigrants from that is embarrassing to watch, no offense. You aren't doing your own credibility any favors, there.

Forum List

Back