Trump will be Making a Major Mistake if he Blocks Comey's Testimony this week.

You know what's amusing, Ed? That you snowflakes think Comey's testimony is going to hurt Donald Trump!

Here's the problem. If Comey really DID think Trump was demanding that he stop the "Russia" investigation then he was required to report that to the Justice Department! Comey didn't do that.

Why would Comey confide in Sessions? That would be foolish, Sessions is a tool and that is the only reason he was nominated by Trump.

Comey was collecting evidence, there is no statute of limitations on an investigation, taking notes and investigating have two mutually exclusive goals: Exculpate or Incriminate.

Echoing the meme Comey was required to report on this investigation is ridiculous. Prove me wrong!

Mission & Priorities
Disappointed,,,,,,,,,
I was so looking forward for the Russian agent to invoke executive privilege against Congress for Comey's testimony. I was looking forward to a crushing defeat by the courts in his attempt to silence a private citizen's right to redress the rants of a tyrant wannabe

You kids with your boogie man stories are just darling. Seriously, it's just so cute. Keep the derangement up cupcake.

You know what's amusing, Ed? That you snowflakes think Comey's testimony is going to hurt Donald Trump!

Here's the problem. If Comey really DID think Trump was demanding that he stop the "Russia" investigation then he was required to report that to the Justice Department! Comey didn't do that.

Why would Comey confide in Sessions? That would be foolish, Sessions is a tool and that is the only reason he was nominated by Trump.

Comey was collecting evidence, there is no statute of limitations on an investigation, taking notes and investigating have two mutually exclusive goals: Exculpate or Incriminate.

Echoing the meme Comey was required to report on this investigation is ridiculous. Prove me wrong!

Mission & Priorities
Disappointed,,,,,,,,,
I was so looking forward for the Russian agent to invoke executive privilege against Congress for Comey's testimony. I was looking forward to a crushing defeat by the courts in his attempt to silence a private citizen's right to redress the rants of a tyrant wannabe

You kids with your boogie man stories are just darling. Seriously, it's just so cute. Keep the derangement up cupcake.

HYPOCRISY + A LACK OF SUBSTANCE X AD HOMINEMS = TOTAL BULLSHIT

When members of the Obama Administration leaked those private conversations to the media they were breaking the law. It's illegal to wire tap one individual via a court order without protecting the privacy of other individuals not included in the court order. Obama's people used our intelligence services against their political opponent. That's not some vague allegation made by anonymous sources...that actually happened!
You need to read the testimony to which I linked.

It is not illegal to wiretap the Russians and record the calls of people who call them if you have a FISA warrant, which they did. That's how Flynn got caught in the net.

Comey also goes into great detail how a U.S. person can be unmasked. There is a protocol for doing that is the U.S. person who contacted the foreign target is engaged in criminal activity with the foreign target, which it appears Flynn was.

Someone leaked to the press about Flynn's treason. The leaker did break the law by doing that, but why are the tards more angry at the leaker who revealed the treason than they are at the traitor?

Because they are partisan hacks.

It's Okay If Trump Does It!™

So you're allowed to leak personal information because it "appears" that someone might be engaged in criminal activity?
No, you are not allowed to leak it to the press. But there are 20 government officials who are allowed to unmask the person in order to commence a criminal investigation into that person.

And that's what was done. They began looking into Flynn.

Then Flynn was thrown under the buss. Then Trump supposedly asked Comey to back off Flynn.

All caught up now?

Like I said, read the link I provided.

Trump "supposedly" asked Comey to back off Flynn? Someone that you're claiming was engaged in criminal activity? Yet Comey didn't report this obvious obstruction of justice to the Attorney General? Instead he sat on his hands while others leaked the information about Flynn to the media?

The more you try to explain this, G5000...the less sense it makes!
I say supposedly, because the memo has not yet been made public.

And as I said above, Comey would not have to report that exchange immediately. Not until he had ascertained just how complicit Trump was in Flynn's crimes. That would then determine to what degree Trump's obstruction had risen.

All caught up now?

What you're claiming makes no sense at all! You're accusing Trump of obstruction of justice because he told the FBI Director to stop investigating Flynn...so what difference does it make if Trump is "complicit" in Flynn's crimes? If Trump really did what you claim he did then Comey's duty is to report that IMMEDIATELY to the Attorney General because the President has attempted to obstruct justice! Comey didn't do that because it's obvious he didn't feel that Trump DID tell him to stop investigating Flynn!

If Comey now accuses Trump of obstructing the case he'll have to explain why he testified in front of Congress that no President had ever told him to stop investigating a case! If Comey now decides to accuse Trump of doing just that...then Comey has either lied in front of Congress...or he's lying now!

It is not illegal to wiretap the Russians and record the calls of people who call them if you have a FISA warrant, which they did. That's how Flynn got caught in the net.

Comey also goes into great detail how a U.S. person can be unmasked. There is a protocol for doing that is the U.S. person who contacted the foreign target is engaged in criminal activity with the foreign target, which it appears Flynn was.

Someone leaked to the press about Flynn's treason. The leaker did break the law by doing that, but why are the tards more angry at the leaker who revealed the treason than they are at the traitor?

It's Okay If Trump Does It![emoji769]

So you're allowed to leak personal information because it "appears" that someone might be engaged in criminal activity?
No, you are not allowed to leak it to the press. But there are 20 government officials who are allowed to unmask the person in order to commence a criminal investigation into that person.

Then Flynn was thrown under the buss. Then Trump supposedly asked Comey to back off Flynn.

All caught up now?

Trump "supposedly" asked Comey to back off Flynn? Someone that you're claiming was engaged in criminal activity? Yet Comey didn't report this obvious obstruction of justice to the Attorney General? Instead he sat on his hands while others leaked the information about Flynn to the media?

And as I said above, Comey would not have to report that exchange immediately. Not until he had ascertained just how complicit Trump was in Flynn's crimes. That would then determine to what degree Trump's obstruction had risen.

All caught up now?

What you're claiming makes no sense at all! You're accusing Trump of obstruction of justice because he told the FBI Director to stop investigating Flynn...so what difference does it make if Trump is "complicit" in Flynn's crimes? If Trump really did what you claim he did then Comey's duty is to report that IMMEDIATELY to the Attorney General because the President has attempted to obstruct justice! Comey didn't do that because it's obvious he didn't feel that Trump DID tell him to stop investigating Flynn!

'Total nonsense': Legal experts debunk 'uninformed' theory that Comey could be subject to legal jeopardy for withholding memo

Robert Chesney, a law professor at the University of Texas School of Law and a founding editor of Lawfare, told Business Insider in an email "that the argument is completely uninformed" because "misprision of felony requires an affirmative act of concealment (not just non-reporting) and because in this case, the person said to know of the crime is himself the leader of the agency to whom such agency should be given."

Chesney wrote a debunking of the theory on Lawfare.

"And there's no law, let alone a criminal law, requiring the FBI director to specifically inform others in the Justice Department of investigative leads," he continued. "Really, it's quite silly."

It's Okay If Trump Does It!™

All caught up now?

All caught up now?

Nothing that Comey has said thus far is obvious. Did he have an agenda, did it change when he was fired? Under oath, we can hope him to be candid and more forthcoming.

Mission & Priorities
Disappointed,,,,,,,,,

When your whole "case" consists of rumor, innuendo, wishful thinking and adding 2 plus 2 and getting 5.......if short, bully shit, then bullshit is the only thing I can respond to. It seems to be the only thing the "resistance" understands.

All caught up now?

All caught up now?

Nothing that Comey has said thus far is obvious. Did he have an agenda, did it change when he was fired? Under oath, we can hope him to be candid and more forthcoming.

Was he not under oath when he testified before Congress?

It seems that you on the left are HOPING that Comey's getting fired will prompt him to change his testimony! You aren't seeking the truth...you're hoping Comey harbors a grudge against Trump and changes his prior testimony. I don't think it's going to happen. I think Comey will at days end simply admit that although he may have felt pressured by Trump that the President didn't order him to stop the investigation.

Mission & Priorities
isappointed,,,,,,,,,

When your whole "case" consists of rumor, innuendo, wishful thinking and adding 2 plus 2 and getting 5.......if short, bully shit, then bullshit is the only thing I can respond to. It seems to be the only thing the "resistance" understands.

Silly rabbit; two boy rabbits + two girl rabbits can create five rabbits.

It seems that you on the left are HOPING that Comey's getting fired will prompt him to change his testimony! You aren't seeking the truth...you're hoping Comey harbors a grudge against Trump and changes his prior testimony. I don't think it's going to happen. I think Comey will at days end simply admit that although he may have felt pressured by Trump that the President didn't order him to stop the investigation.

Straw man built with wet straw wrapped in asbestos is as dumb as your 2 + 2 can't = 5.

Comey has not testified, yet; so he can't change it and I can't hope that he does. Do you ever think and read your comments before posting them?

Mission & Priorities
Disappointed,,,,,,,,,

Odd that you'd use this pharse - "When your whole "case" consists of rumor, innuendo..." - since I've described the new right, aka the crazy right wing, as the group who posts lies, half-truths, rumor, innunoes and character assassination in place of reality, and have posted it dozens of times over the years.

Straw man built with wet straw wrapped in asbestos is as dumb as your 2 + 2 can't = 5.

Comey has not testified, yet; so he can't change it and I can't hope that he does. Do you ever think and read your comments before posting them?

Comey testified back in March, Catcher! During that testimony he said the following: "COMEY: Not in my experience. Because it would be a big deal to tell the FBI to stop doing something that -- without an appropriate purpose. I mean where oftentimes they give us opinions that we don't see a case there and so you ought to stop investing resources in it. But I'm talking about a situation where we were told to stop something for a political reason, that would be a very big deal. It's not happened in my experience."

So would you like to explain why Comey would make THAT statement under oath before the Senate Judiciary Committee if Trump had told him to stop investigating Flynn?

Comey testified back in March, Catcher! During that testimony he said the following: "COMEY: Not in my experience. Because it would be a big deal to tell the FBI to stop doing something that -- without an appropriate purpose. I mean where oftentimes they give us opinions that we don't see a case there and so you ought to stop investing resources in it. But I'm talking about a situation where we were told to stop something for a political reason, that would be a very big deal. It's not happened in my experience."

So would you like to explain why Comey would make THAT statement under oath before the Senate Judiciary Committee if Trump had told him to stop investigating Flynn?
Do you ever stop lying, ya con tool?

Ever??

When Comey said that, it was in response to being asked if anyone at the Department of Justice had ever tried to get the FBI to drop an investigation. You can't lie now and pretend like Trump works at the Department of Justice or that the Department of Justice wasn't what Comey was asked about.

If Trump really did what you claim he did then Comey's duty is to report that IMMEDIATELY to the Attorney General because the President has attempted to obstruct justice! Comey didn't do that because it's obvious he didn't feel that Trump DID tell him to stop investigating Flynn!

Comey's been at the FBI for three presidents. Sessions was a Trump appointed AG, so reporting it to Sessions, is like reporting evidence of russian collusion to the Russian ambassador. Comey wrote memo's that others at the FBI reported seeing.

Why was Trump warning Comey about his having a tape of the converstion. What is trump worried about?

Trump will make 'final decision' on whether to block Comey's testimony

Monday that it's still not clear whether Trump will assert his executive privilege to prevent former FBI Director James Comey from testifying in the Senate on Thursday.
Kellyanne Conway: Trump will make 'final decision' on whether to block Comey's testimony

People on the fence will see that Trump does indeed have something to hide..

But then again I wouldn't be shocked to see the excuses ...lol
While preventing Comey from testifying would NOT be evidence that Trump has anything to hide, it would provide a lot more 'kindling' to fuel the continuing 'fires' of 'speculation' and un-substantiated accusations.

I agree that it would not be in the best interest of Trump to block Comey's testimony.

While preventing Comey from testifying would NOT be evidence that Trump has anything to hide, it would provide a lot more 'kindling' to fuel the continuing 'fires' of 'speculation' and un-substantiated accusations.

I agree that it would not be in the best interest of Trump to block Comey's testimony.

I'm not sure executive privilege even applies. That is used to protect the ability of the president to get advice, without the chilling effect of that advice coming under microscopic scrutiny. In this case Comey wasn't advising trump, but instead was getting ultimatums from Trump.

Why was Trump warning Comey about his having a tape of the converstion. What is trump worried about?
Trump is worried people might believe Comey over his lying ass

Forum List

Back