Trump Will be Impeached

Trump will be impeached for his actions

Period

What actions? Moron.:21::21::21::21::21::21::21:

Election fraud, malfeasance, obstruction, money laundering, tax fraud
y

You must be talking about Hillary . That con did all of the above and she still walks the streets.

You guys keep saying that

But after 25 years you never even got an indictment of Hillary

Trump won’t last three years
What do you have on Trump and Russia stealing an election? That’s supposed to be the focus of special counsel Mueller. Where’s the evidence?
The evidence is going to be disclosed to the public in the form of a report to the House just as Starr did.

Would Trump feel better if he resigned than go through something he can't control? How many Republican Senators will vote for impeachment?
I don't think Trump would ever resign. He would fight to the bitter end to defend his name. After all, the only thing Trump has going for him is his name. That's what his business sells these days.

I don't think Trump would ever resign. He would fight to the bitter end to defend his name. After all, the only thing Trump has going for him is his name. That's what his business sells these days.

Interesting. I think Don Jr and Kushner may get indicted and although Trump might well throw Kushner under the bus...he might resign to save his son...but who knows

Interesting. I think Don Jr and Kushner may get indicted and although Trump might well throw Kushner under the bus...he might resign to save his son...but who knows
When Trump's narcissistic bubble breaks, there's no telling what he will do or for that matter to what extremes he will go to perverse it.

We will likely find out soon enough that Trump directed people to lie to investigators and to congress.

And we all know what the penalty for THAT is...
Nixon all over

Actually...far worse than Nixon. Once all the facts come out...people will be astonished. The Presidency has been hijacked by a Putin groomed surrogate.
I agree

At this stage, Watergate did not look that bad

Trump has been totally inept in how he has handled this. But what more could you expect from him

When Trump's narcissistic bubble breaks, there's no telling what he will do or for that matter to what extremes he will go to perverse it.
It will only get worse for Trump
His lawyers seem very inept

He is too stupid to resign

He intends to pardon Lil Donnie and mock how much power he has

This thing is going to take a while but I think he will impeached by mid 2019

If Mueller did his job right, even Republicans will have to buy in

He will probably finish his term and republicans that have cult like support of him will claim he was a secret democrat since they have no personal responsibility. They will also blame the massive rising deficit they created on democrats

I’d say 90 percent chance the House impeached Trump
40 percent the Senate concurs

20 percent Trump gets a second term

And many of that claim to be Trumps supporters, particular those that were considering a presidential run are distancing themselves from him, Rubio, Cruz, Giuliani, Paul Ryan, and even Pence. Nobody wants to go down with this ship

And many of that claim to be Trumps supporters, particular those that were considering a presidential run are distancing themselves from him, Rubio, Cruz, Giuliani, Paul Ryan, and even Pence. Nobody wants to go down with this ship

It is not just that Trump ignores his legal advice but his lawyers do not seem to be setting up an effective legal firewall

What actions? Moron.:21::21::21::21::21::21::21:

Election fraud, malfeasance, obstruction, money laundering, tax fraud
y

You must be talking about Hillary . That con did all of the above and she still walks the streets.

You guys keep saying that

But after 25 years you never even got an indictment of Hillary

Trump won’t last three years
What do you have on Trump and Russia stealing an election? That’s supposed to be the focus of special counsel Mueller. Where’s the evidence?
The evidence is going to be disclosed to the public in the form of a report to the House just as Starr did.

And the Dem House will demand they get all the facts!

It is not just that Trump ignores his legal advice but his lawyers do not seem to be setting up an effective legal firewall
Trump's fire wall is The Turtle, who's bet everything on getting a sixth Justice seat. Trump's not going anywhere.

And the dems would be much better off passing a House bill restoring deductions for state and local taxes and cutting taxes for the 75-120K folks, and make McConnell deep six that.

Democrats (Leftists) seem to have a real problem with the process for criminal prosecution.

First, there has to be a "crime" (...high crimes and misdemeanors...), THEN you can start to think about prosecuting it.

It's not that complicated.
So what is a high crime? It is something from England. Impeachment is not a criminal trial but a political process.
Many people probably think that "High Crimes and Misdemeanors" is just an 18th century way of saying “felonies and misdemeanors.” But this interpretation is mistaken.

The term does go back to English law and was used to remove officials in colonies. In fact it was a fairly common term in 18 the century. Most of the framers of the constitution knew the phrase well.

Officials accused of “high crimes and misdemeanors” were accused of offenses as varied as misappropriating government funds, appointing unfit subordinates, not prosecuting cases, not spending money allocated by Parliament, promoting themselves ahead of more deserving candidates, threatening a grand jury, disobeying an order from Parliament, arresting a man to keep him from running for Parliament, losing a ship by neglecting to moor it, helping “suppress petitions to the King to call a Parliament,” granting warrants without cause, and bribery. Some of these charges were crimes. Others were not. The one common denominator in all these accusations was that the official had somehow abused the power of his office and was unfit to serve.

High Crimes and Misdemeanors - Constitutional Rights Foundation

Democrats (Leftists) seem to have a real problem with the process for criminal prosecution.

First, there has to be a "crime" (...high crimes and misdemeanors...), THEN you can start to think about prosecuting it.

So what is a high crime? It is something from England. Impeachment is not a criminal trial but a political process.
Many people probably think that "High Crimes and Misdemeanors" is just an 18th century way of saying “felonies and misdemeanors.” But this interpretation is mistaken.

The term does go back to English law and was used to remove officials in colonies. In fact it was a fairly common term in 18 the century. Most of the framers of the constitution knew the phrase well.

Officials accused of “high crimes and misdemeanors” were accused of offenses as varied as misappropriating government funds, appointing unfit subordinates, not prosecuting cases, not spending money allocated by Parliament, promoting themselves ahead of more deserving candidates, threatening a grand jury, disobeying an order from Parliament, arresting a man to keep him from running for Parliament, losing a ship by neglecting to moor it, helping “suppress petitions to the King to call a Parliament,” granting warrants without cause, and bribery. Some of these charges were crimes. Others were not. The one common denominator in all these accusations was that the official had somehow abused the power of his office and was unfit to serve.

All go to subverting the office to which elected. I'm not sure about the context of "appointing unfit subordinates." "Unfit" is an ambiguous or broad adjective. We can argue about judges we don't like, but qualifications are a more objective standard, for example. But the link also indicates that whatever wrong the person being impeached has done is so sever that it cannot wait to be addressed until another election. I think that's correct. One test I've seen is that the infraction itself must result in the official being made incapable of carrying out his/her duty.

I hope he is not impeached. However, if Mueller's report exposes enough crimes, there will be no choice but to impeach him. No president should ever be impeached unless there is no other choice.
I have no doubt that Trump deserves to be removed from office but that would only divide the country even more than it is today. If Trump was removed from office, the goal of the opposition to the party in power would not be just to block all proposed legislation but to remove the president. That is not how the founders intended government to function.

I hope he is not impeached. However, if Mueller's report exposes enough crimes, there will be no choice but to impeach him. No president should ever be impeached unless there is no other choice.
I have no doubt that Trump deserves to be removed from office but that would only divide the country even more than it is today. If Trump was removed from office, the goal of the opposition to the party in power would not be just to block all proposed legislation but to remove the president. That is not how the founders intended government to function.

trump is the most corrupt human being to ever sit in the White House. He deserves jail time. Thus, if he is not Impeached, a Democratic President is elected in 2020, he could be looking at jail time. I think the directing of commission of a felony, which the SDONY has already found is just the tip of the iceberg. There will be many more grievous crimes that he will be found guilty of....MANY!

In that case, the only thing that will save him is if he resigns after losing the election in 2020 and appoints the poodle, Pence as President. Then Pence will pardon him before the Democrat becomes President.

trump has turned the swamp into a venomous snake pit....

All go to subverting the office to which elected. I'm not sure about the context of "appointing unfit subordinates." "Unfit" is an ambiguous or broad adjective. We can argue about judges we don't like, but qualifications are a more objective standard, for example. But the link also indicates that whatever wrong the person being impeached has done is so sever that it cannot wait to be addressed until another election. I think that's correct. One test I've seen is that the infraction itself must result in the official being made incapable of carrying out his/her duty.
It is clear from the link, that the founders were far from being united on the issue of impeachment or the grounds for impeachment. I think the term high crimes and misdemeanors was a catch all used to define a multitude offenses some legal infractions and some not.

When a president faces the strong possibility of impeachment he begins to loose support from his own party making it difficult to carry out the duties of his office. Trump was never the choice of the leadership within his party. They only begrudgingly gave him their support after it was clear he would be nominated. I suspect much of his support in congress would disappear upon passage of a bill of impeachment.

Forum List

Back