Trump was right, you know.

YoursTruly

Platinum Member
Dec 21, 2019
Ok, so like there's a bunch of containers ships that are having a hard time getting unloaded along our coast, right? The supply chain is causing some woe's. I think we can all agree on that. Maybe not to the extent. But the fact that there is a back up means that we are importing way more than we're exporting.
And when we do that, it means we have less manufacturing jobs.

Let's say for example, Trump got his way and taxed TF out of imports. So much so that it equaled the amount of the final sale price of American goods. Americans would be forced to spend more for the Chinese crap. Or buy American products.
Buying American products means more jobs for Americans. It means more money staying in America.
Economics 101: More money staying in America, means less money the government has to borrow from the Fed, to maintain the economy. Which means that not only the money we have to pay back to the fed keeps from growing, but also the interest.
Which means the value of the USD would stay about the same for many more years than it is now. As in $10hr being a poverty wage, wouldn't turn into $15hr being a poverty wage within 5 years.
Plus, the economical impact of local markets would be better.

For the record, a trade war with China used to be something that the democrats would support, back when the democrats stood for the American working class. Now, the democrats care more about tranny rights, than the American working class.

Also, I didn't vote for Trump. I didn't like most of what Trump did. But increasing tariffs was a damn good idea, if you support the American working class.

Ok, so like there's a bunch of containers ships that are having a hard time getting unloaded along our coast, right? The supply chain is causing some woe's. I think we can all agree on that. Maybe not to the extent. But the fact that there is a back up means that we are importing way more than we're exporting.

Let's say for example, Trump got his way and taxed TF out of imports. So much so that it equaled the amount of the final sale price of American goods. Americans would be forced to spend more for the Chinese crap. Or buy American products.
Buying American products means more jobs for Americans. It means more money staying in America.
Economics 101: More money staying in America, means less money the government has to borrow from the Fed, to maintain the economy. Which means that not only the money we have to pay back to the fed keeps from growing, but also the interest.
Which means the value of the USD would stay about the same for many more years than it is now. As in $10hr being a poverty wage, wouldn't turn into $15hr being a poverty wage within 5 years.

For the record, a trade war with China used to be something that the democrats would support, back when the democrats stood for the American working class. Now, the democrats care more about tranny rights, than the American working class.

Also, I didn't vote for Trump. I didn't like most of what Trump did. But increasing tariffs was a damn good idea, if you support the American working class.
Hmmm....who did you vote for then....

Let's say for example, Trump got his way and taxed TF out of imports.

He never tried to do that. You can't say he was right about something he never addressed.

Hmmm....who did you vote for then....

If I vote, it's always 3rd party. I can't stand the GOP or the democrats. They've been in power for 170yrs now. And nothing ever gets better with either of them in the majority. And never will. So sayeth 170's of proof.

That's not to say I didn't like a lot of what Trump said. It's just his actions were usually different than what he said.
Example: Trump railed against FISA 702 (Warrantless spying on Americans) during his campaign, because he said Obama and the FBI used it to spy on him. But after he was president, he reauthorized it.

The end result of his trade agreement with China, didn't produced any real American jobs, because Trump didn't address the USD value. Which is one of THE biggest factors in bringing American jobs back. Successfully implementing higher tariffs for Chinese goods would've saved a lot of Americans jobs. And probably did. But didn't really create any.

IMO, saving American jobs is very important. And a very good thing. But to really motivate the American economy, truly increase the USD value, thousands of jobs have to come back from China and other countries. American manufacturing has to also start buying American made products for their manufacturing.
The more jobs we have, the less money goes overseas. The less money the government has to borrow from the fed, to keep the economy afloat.
Economics 101.

If I vote, it's always 3rd party. I can't stand the GOP or the democrats. They've been in power for 170yrs now. And nothing ever gets better with either of them in the majority. And never will. So sayeth 170's of proof.

That's not to say I didn't like a lot of what Trump said. It's just his actions were usually different than what he said.
Example: Trump railed against FISA 702 (Warrantless spying on Americans) during his campaign, because he said Obama and the FBI used it to spy on him. But after he was president, he reauthorized it.

The end result of his trade agreement with China, didn't produced any real American jobs, because Trump didn't address the USD value. Which is one of THE biggest factors in bringing American jobs back. Successfully implementing higher tariffs for Chinese goods would've saved a lot of Americans jobs. And probably did. But didn't really create any.

IMO, saving American jobs is very important. And a very good thing. But to really motivate the American economy, truly increase the USD value, thousands of jobs have to come back from China and other countries. American manufacturing has to also start buying American made products for their manufacturing.
The more jobs we have, the less money goes overseas. The less money the government has to borrow from the fed, to keep the economy afloat.
Economics 101.
Hmmm, 3rd party. How did that accomplish anything except supporting Poopeypants? But hey, its your right, do what you want.

You may argue that tariffs and taxes are the same thing but they are not.
economic analyses suggest the average American household has paid somewhere from several hundred up to a thousand dollars or more per year thanks to higher consumer prices attributable to the tariffs.

The benefit to US workers is only in production that doesnt depend on imports.

trade policy almost always has important distributive effects, and any change in trade policy is a choice to benefit some groups at the expense of others. Yet, overall, when economists have attempted to add up the net effect of Trump’s tariffs on jobs, any gains in importing-competing sectors appear to have been more than offset by losses in industries that use imported inputs and face retaliation on their foreign exports. And even those jobs that have been created have come at great cost: studies suggest American consumers paid about $817,000 in higher prices attributable to the tariffs for every job created in the washing machine industry and $900,000 in the steel industry.

recently we've heard alot of crying about inflation.. well, there you are.

economic analyses suggest the average American household has paid somewhere from several hundred up to a thousand dollars or more per year thanks to higher consumer prices attributable to the tariffs.

trade policy almost always has important distributive effects, and any change in trade policy is a choice to benefit some groups at the expense of others. Yet, overall, when economists have attempted to add up the net effect of Trump’s tariffs on jobs, any gains in importing-competing sectors appear to have been more than offset by losses in industries that use imported inputs and face retaliation on their foreign exports. And even those jobs that have been created have come at great cost: studies suggest American consumers paid about $817,000 in higher prices attributable to the tariffs for every job created in the washing machine industry and $900,000 in the steel industry.

I thought I heard you Dims whining about somebody standing up to China a few years ago. Well he did and you are still whining now.

Of course it will play a role. The argument would be that the added jobs would be an offset of that issue.

Made-in-China-e1558023752764.jpg

t_1489057176546_name_12017_03_09T104122Z_1_OV678TUOB_RTRMADC_0_TRUMP_CHINA_TRADEMARKS.jpg

trump-products-01-abc-jef-180723_hpEmbed_11x10_992.jpg

images

images

105326858-1531426051768img_0217r.jpg

China grants 18 trademarks in 2 months to Trump, daughter

By ERIKA KINETZNovember 6, 2018
China grants 18 trademarks in 2 months to Trump, daughter | AP News

& ^^^ all that ^^^

doesn't even include mexico, vietnam, or bangladesh; where alot of his cheap sweatshop crap is manufactured.

I thought I heard you Dims whining about somebody standing up to China a few years ago. Well he did and you are still whining now.

He didn't do anything to China. Consumers paid a higher price here but China simply went on it's way. Remember he was going to get a new trade deal signed. No one was better at that than him. When he found out it would take from his Twitter time he walked away.

First, it would not happen.

Let’s take something common from China, electronics. Acids are used in the production of Circuit boards. Acids that are harmful to the environment. Acids that are heavily regulated. And production is expensive in the US because of the regulations and safety precautions.

So you want to start a Factory to start building Electronics, or even just components. Well get ready for a couple decades of your life. The studies on the environmental impact and proposed plans will take a few years. Then eventually if you satisfy the various regulatory agencies, you’ll be allowed to start building. Ten seconds after you return home from the ceremonial first shovel full of dirt, you’ll be receiving a court order to stop until a lawsuit is finished. That lawsuit will take a few years to litigate. You’ve spent millions of dollars and haven’t built one electronic thing yet. Heck, you haven’t even built the structure you need to start building electronics.

Now, the lawsuit is finally finished. And you return to start building, oh now we have new regulations that have to be satisfied, so you have to start over on the design. Then you start building. By now, three Presidents have been in and out of office, dozens of new laws, and trade is back to what it was before you got started with your process.

The Electronics factory was just a pit to throw your money into.

Even if you had some sort of fast track approval, it would be a decade before the first electronic device or component began rolling off the assembly line.

I doubt he would have increased tariffs significantly, since that would have raised the cost of Trump-branded merch. That is, except the stuff made Mexico. In that case Mexican workers have to be kept out, so that employers wouldn’t be forced to pay higher wages and raise the price of Trump merch.

Last edited:
And his tariff deals had the farmers jumping for joy ?? Face it Republicans elected an imbecile in Trump and not only an imbecile but a mean bullying imbecile

And his tariff deals had the farmers jumping for joy ?? Face it Republicans elected an imbecile in Trump and not only an imbecile but a mean bullying imbecile
Oooh yes, so mean to you poor wittle Dims. And in spite you cheated in a babbling codger who craps his Depends and eats baby food......much better.
As for imbecile.......Biden's picture is there under that word Dimmer.

I'd rather have the $1,500,000,000 than 18 "trademarks".
Those trademarks didn't stop Trump from imposing tariffs on China.
So how did the Bidens get so much money without having any businesses?

I will never understand this line of thinking. Just because Biden isn't a good president does not mean Trump was.

Oooh yes, so mean to you poor wittle Dims. And in spite you cheated in a babbling codger who craps his Depends and eats baby food......much better.
As for imbecile.......Biden's picture is there under that word Dimmer.

^^^ triggered ^^^

Forum List

Back