Trump Wants To Use U.S. Nuclear Submarines To Threaten Russia

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America

The former president recommended sending American nuclear weapons into Russian waters on Monday after recently claiming he wants to avoid a world war.

Former President Donald Trump suggested Monday that the U.S. threaten Russian President Vladimir Putin with American nuclear submarine patrols, which would likely dramatically escalate global tensions amid Russia’s ongoing assault on Ukraine.

“You should say: ‘Look, you mention that word one more time and we’re gonna send [submarines] over and we’ll be coasting back and forth, up and down your coast,’” Trump said in an appearance on Fox Business, continuing a tour of media appearances to downplay his questionable record on Russia and Ukraine.

Earlier in the interview, the former president bizarrely described nuclear weaponry as “the n-word… the nuclear word.”

Trump’s suggestion would be dangerous. If Washington sent nuclear submarines into Russian waters, Putin would likely see that as an intolerable provocation. He would almost certainly react with a greater threat or even an attack on U.S. assets, sparking a domino effect that could lead to war between two of the world’s strongest militaries.

Because of his preference for military showboating and his deep-rooted desire to project strength, Putin is extremely unlikely to see a move like the one Trump suggested as a reason to behave less aggressively.

I'm sure President Biden has plenty of nuclear power on standby. What do you think?

The former president recommended sending American nuclear weapons into Russian waters on Monday after recently claiming he wants to avoid a world war.

Former President Donald Trump suggested Monday that the U.S. threaten Russian President Vladimir Putin with American nuclear submarine patrols, which would likely dramatically escalate global tensions amid Russia’s ongoing assault on Ukraine.

“You should say: ‘Look, you mention that word one more time and we’re gonna send [submarines] over and we’ll be coasting back and forth, up and down your coast,’” Trump said in an appearance on Fox Business, continuing a tour of media appearances to downplay his questionable record on Russia and Ukraine.

Earlier in the interview, the former president bizarrely described nuclear weaponry as “the n-word… the nuclear word.”

Trump’s suggestion would be dangerous. If Washington sent nuclear submarines into Russian waters, Putin would likely see that as an intolerable provocation. He would almost certainly react with a greater threat or even an attack on U.S. assets, sparking a domino effect that could lead to war between two of the world’s strongest militaries.

Because of his preference for military showboating and his deep-rooted desire to project strength, Putin is extremely unlikely to see a move like the one Trump suggested as a reason to behave less aggressively.

I'm sure President Biden has plenty of nuclear power on standby. What do you think?

I think he has Chuck Norris on standby with Clint Eastwood as backup.

From the OP:

When he was president, Trump blocked nearly $400 million in military assistance to Ukraine while he attempted to extract a political favor from Zelenskyy. He also repeatedly criticized Ukraine while justifying Russian attempts to undermine it, including Putin’s takeover of the Crimea peninsula.

The Republican leader is now arguing that if he were still in office, Putin would not have launched a full-scale invasion of Ukraine. But Trump actually praised Putin’s strategy before the invasion began. Since then, he has offered a mishmash of attacks on Biden’s response to the crisis while claiming that he, too, wants “to end this tragedy without getting Americans snared into a gruesome and very bloody war.”

The idea of publicly threatening Russian sovereignty with American nuclear weapons would likely have the opposite effect.

Trump has been all over the map on Ukraine. He's like a chameleon.

And on Monday, when Fox Business host Stuart Varney asked Trump if he would have sent Ukraine MiG-29 fighter jets, he replied, “Well maybe even more, to be honest with you.”

But Trump’s boasts of generosity toward Ukraine have no basis in fact. As president, he dragged his feet in releasing aid to Ukraine ― even though Congress had already authorized it ― because he wanted the country’s president, Volodymyr Zelenskyy, to dig up dirt on the Biden family ahead of the 2020 election.

Trump has also publicly admitted that he didn’t like the idea of giving financial assistance to Ukraine and did so only when Sen. Rob Portman (R-Ohio) pressured him to do it.

Trump Casts Himself As Champion Of Ukraine, Despite Once Saying Aid Made U.S. A ‘Sucker’

Last edited:

Trump needs to button his lip.

Brandon's best course of action is to abdicate the Office to Trump - then Trump can talk

Can you imagine what it would be like to be at those docks watching a Trident sub launch it’s missiles?

In fact, a Trident missile can't be launched from the docks. It must be ejected from a submerged submarine inside a steam bubble and rocket motors ignite when it broaches the surface.

Firing the rocket engines in the tube would destroy the tube and, most likely, ignite the other rockets.

Can you imagine what it would be like to be at those docks watching a Trident sub launch it’s missiles?
that reminds me of one if my favorite books in got when I was in 2nd grade around 1972 a history book on Submarines I was fascinated as a kid about the trident .

News flash. President Trump hasn't been in office for two years. What he says, or doesn't say, really isn't germane to what is happening in The Ukraine right now.
It’s not The Ukraine, it’s Ukraine. Yes, it’s a big deal to use the right one, because one suggests a territory of a larger land and the other suggests a standalone independent nation.

Please respect Ukrainians by calling their homeland Ukraine.

1647920401623.png

that reminds me of one if my favorite books in got when I was in 2nd grade around 1972 a history book on Submarines I was fascinated as a kid about the trident .

The first Trident sub didn't start construction until 1976... it wasn't commissioned until 1981.

1647920871082.png

Two anti-nuclear activists dressed as then-President Donald Trump and Russian President Vladimir Putin ride models of nuclear bombs in front of Berlin's Brandenburg Gate on July 30, 2020.

Sadly, Trump acts like nuclear power is just a game. Putin knows it's not a game - but he may use it out of desperation.

Forum List

Back