Trump vs. Cuomo

Slade3200

Diamond Member
Jan 13, 2016
A question for those who consider themselves objective thinkers. That means you are capable of critiquing the political figures that you support.

For those of you who have been watching both Cuomos pressers and then Trumps pressers... have you noticed a difference in how the two handle announcements and questions? If so what are the main differences?

cuomo gives facts & figures & human relatable anecdotes.

donny goes on hunches, flys off the handle at serious questions while attacking the reporters, & has no human emotion except self gratification & how he can achieve that at all costs.

Last edited:

donny goes on hunches, flys off the handle at serious questions, attacking the reporters & has no human emotion except self gratification & how he can achieve that at all costs.
I’ve noticed the same thing. Almost all of Trumps responses are generic statements about how great a job they are doing. Very defensive and non specific.

Cuomo seems to stick to facts and when asked political questions he shuts down the politics and sticks to the substance.

They both love to hear themselves talk and go off on tangents but there is such a stark difference. I can’t get over the constant bragging that Trump does, it seems to be all he has.... wish he would take some notes from Cuomo

I think they both have similar styles to an extent. They both take over and are the main focus of their press conferences as opposed to the professionals in their field. Not that either of them doesn't have updates from others. With Trump there is just so much ignorant bullshit and the motive of almost everything coming out of his mouth is how it's going to make him look. Ratings? Who fucking cares?

Cuomo on the other hand as stated above uses relevant anecdotes to humanize statistics and information he is giving. He puts a human face on it and that's not easy and in Trump's case backfires. I'm not really a fan of Cuomo, but he as well as Newsom both appear to be in control and informed of whats going on. Trump, insinuates healthcare providers are stealing equipment.

It's really hard not to be unbiased here.

On March 26 during a Fox News interview with Sean Hannity, Trump said, "a lot of equipment's being asked for that I don't think they'll need" specifically in reference to New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo, and following a tirade against Washington state Gov. Jay Inslee and Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer.

Trump later said he felt Cuomo was requesting an unnecessary number of ventilators "I have a feeling that a lot of the numbers that are being said in some areas are just bigger than they are going to be," Trump said. "I don't believe you need 40,000 or 30,000 ventilators."

donny goes on hunches, flys off the handle at serious questions, attacking the reporters & has no human emotion except self gratification & how he can achieve that at all costs.
I’ve noticed the same thing. Almost all of Trumps responses are generic messages about how great a job they are doing. Very defensive and non specific.

Cuomo seems to stick to facts and when asked political questions he shuts down the politics and sticks to the substance.

They both love to hear themselves talk and go off on tangents but there is such a stark difference. I can’t get over the constant bragging that Trump does, it seems to be all he has.... wish he would take some notes from Cuomo

^ 'They both love to hear themselves talk and go off on tangents but there is such a stark difference.'

i listened to cuomo's presser yesterday & i may be biased - 'cause i'm italian - but he went on for awhile about how they would together for sunday dinner which italians do... alot... & he talked about the food & more food... i really loved listening to that - i could so relate & it was comforting. that is what a good leader does besides being truthful about facts.. obama was like that too, but i digress.

donny is simply incapable of doing any of that.

The media just loves the incompetent democrats. Cuomo wanted this. He built toward it from the first moment that he told Republicans they weren't wanted in his state and to get out which they did.
What does that have to do with the question in the op? Want to try answering that? Even though I asked for objective thinkers, I’ll give you a shot.

A question for those who consider themselves objective thinkers. That means you are capable of critiquing the political figures that you support.

For those of you who have been watching both Cuomos pressers and then Trumps pressers... have you noticed a difference in how the two handle announcements and questions? If so what are the main differences?

Cuomo tries to hide his own failures behind imagined Trump failures.

When this first broke Trump closed air travel from China. New York officials told people to go out and enjoy themselves. Mix and mingle. Take the subway! Bla bla bla. Where does Cuomo get the hospital ship? How about the ventilators? How about the field hospitals?

On March 26 during a Fox News interview with Sean Hannity, Trump said, "a lot of equipment's being asked for that I don't think they'll need" specifically in reference to New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo, and following a tirade against Washington state Gov. Jay Inslee and Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer.

Trump later said he felt Cuomo was requesting an unnecessary number of ventilators "I have a feeling that a lot of the numbers that are being said in some areas are just bigger than they are going to be," Trump said. "I don't believe you need 40,000 or 30,000 ventilators."

a ' feeling ' a ' hunch ' ... not facts & not figures based on science.

what a stable genius.

I’ve noticed the same thing. Almost all of Trumps responses are generic messages about how great a job they are doing. Very defensive and non specific.

^ 'They both love to hear themselves talk and go off on tangents but there is such a stark difference.'

i listened to cuomo's presser yesterday & i may be biased - 'cause i'm italian - but he went on for awhile about how they would together for sunday dinner which italians do... alot... & he talked about the food & more food... i really loved listening to that - i could so relate & it was comforting. that is what a good leader does besides being truthful about facts.. obama was like that too, but i digress.

donny is simply incapable of doing any of that.
My mother’s side is Italian and I enjoyed that story as well... reminded me of my childhood. I laugh at Cuomo and tease that he could talk all day. I quite enjoy it but I could understand if others don’t... but per this discussion his tangents are relevant to the topic at hand while I see trumps as diversionary spins to skirt accountability and mold the statement into something to boast about how great they are doing. It’s getting really old

Cuomo tries to hide his own failures behind imagined Trump failures.
How so? Do you have an example?

Forum List

Back