Trump to Social Security: Drop Dead

The more you post, the more I think you make my point.

Can you show me where it is in the Constitution, that the government has the right, power or authority to create the type dependency that you just described?

Take it to court <again> and challenge SS & Medicare, otherwise you're just wasting time typing. QED.

The nation is already 25 TRILLION dollars in debt.

I don't think anyone cares in any significant way.
I remember caring in 2005 when Bush gave Ted Kennedy the checkbook as long as he could continue the war. They blew through trillions as if it was an 8 ball of coke. Some democrooks started raising alarms, but they were a vocal minority.

Then along came the meat puppet faggot who doubled the debt after promising to cut it in half, and then the republicrats were pissing and moaning about it and represented a vocal majority. That's why the democrooks lost almost every election since 2010 and queen antifa barely beat the most repulsive republicrat the media could support in the primaries.

I'm at a point now where I don't believe the debt matters. All that matters is that people are willing to accept $1 for a beer, or $5-20 for a box of ammo. It's clear to me that money is nothing more than digital bits in a bank of computers. It's based on nothing more than faith. Once that goes away, you'll be trading ammo for beer.

Take it to court <again> and challenge SS & Medicare, otherwise you're just wasting time typing. QED.

There is a latin phrase for what you just laid out.

I don't recall what it is. . . . it was a little like post hoc ergo propter hoc. . . but that wasn't it.

Basically, it is a fallacious argument to say that failed challenges in the past in any way means something is actually right, wrong, Constitutional or Not Constitutional.

Our Justice system is far from being infallible and our courts have overturned their own previous rulings on more than one occasion.

How Much Will I Get From Social Security?
En español | Your retirement benefit is based on your lifetime earnings in work in which you paid Social Security taxes. Higher income translates to a bigger benefit (up to a point — more on that below).

The amount you are entitled to is modified by other factors, most crucially the age at which you claim benefits.

For reference, the estimated average Social Security retirement benefit in 2020 is $1,503 a month. The maximum benefit — the most an individual retiree can get — is $3,011 a month for someone who files for Social Security in 2020 at full retirement age, or FRA (the age at which you qualify for 100 percent of the benefit calculated from your earnings history).

kyzr

It will take you more than TEN years to get back the $400,000 dollars that you claim that you paid in.

Needless to say, the government is banking on most seniors not drawing their full benefit.

What's funny to me is that this thread was started by a guy who fancies himself as if he was mentored or influenced by Thomas Paine.

I can think of few things that would insult Thomas Paine more than government dependency for the retired, or the theft of so much money out of the GDP to pay for such programs.

Now if SS was actually a trust fund, and the money was actually in an account that drew interest that would be one thing
It is not generally appreciated that Thomas Paine, in addition to being an inspiring North American revolutionary, was a firm internationalist, a determined abolitionist, and the first American to outline ideas for a comprehensive program of state support for the population to ensure the “general welfare” of society, including a state subsidy for poor people, state-financed universal public education, and state-sponsored prenatal and postnatal care, including state subsidies to families at childbirth. These ideas can be found in his Rights of Man, Part II. He also imagined a future form of Social Security, maintaining that a person's "labor ought to be over" before old age, calling for a small state pension to all workers starting at age 50, which would be doubled at age 60.

I chose my pen-name carefully. Paine was a visionary, an idealist who lived in an era when many of the things he dreamed about were still unrealizable. His greatness was that he was a man of the people who never sought money or power for its own sake. A rightwinger in the French revolutionary assembly (like his aristocratic friend Lafayette), he opposed mob rule. Yet he stood with the extreme “left wing” in favoring abolition of slavery in the French colonies. Always a defender of rights of liberty and conscience he was yet an early “social democrat.” Never an atheist, he was the American Revolution’s most prominent opponent of religious humbug and obscurantism. A man ahead of his time. Not a single statue of him stands in our nation’s capital.

Last edited:
It is not generally appreciated that Thomas Paine, in addition to being an inspiring North American revolutionary, was a firm internationalist, a determined abolitionist, and the first American to outline ideas for a comprehensive program of state support for the population to ensure the “general welfare” of society, including a state subsidy for poor people, state-financed universal public education, and state-sponsored prenatal and postnatal care, including state subsidies to families at childbirth. These ideas can be found in the 2nd part of his Rights of Man. He also imagined a future form of Social Security, maintaining that a person's "labor ought to be over" before old age, calling for a small state pension to all workers starting at age 50, which would be doubled at age 60.

I chose my pen-name carefully. Paine was a visionary, an idealist who lived in an era when many of the things he dreamed about were still unrealizable. His greatness was that he was a man of the people who never sought money or power for its own sake. A rightwinger in the French revolutionary assembly (like his aristocratic friend Lafayette), he opposed mob rule. Yet he stood with the extreme “left wing” in favoring abolition of slavery in the French colonies. Always a defender of rights of liberty and conscience he was yet an early “social democrat.” Never an atheist, he was the American Revolution’s most prominent opponent of religious humbug and obscurantism. A man ahead of his time. Not a single statue of him stands in our nation’s capital.

He vehemently opposed the Constitution.

He vehemently opposed the Constitution.
Paine played no role in the formation of the American government after independence. He lived outside the United States during the critical years (1787–1802) when the nation’s new political institutions were being debated, voted on and tested. He early on advocated a Constitution, but criticized the idea of a Senate, and other aspects he considered elitist and undemocratic. He early and forcefully argued that Western lands should be national lands closed to slavery. This put him squarely against the original land claims of Washington and other politicians whose own states claimed this area, but his position was eventually adopted in Jefferson’s Northwest Ordinance.

Last edited:
I read all that. It looks like the program that Biden and Company wants may be the answer in some modified form. Like it said, increasing the Tax on the Rich would keep it afloat. To continue stripping it like Rump wants will cause it fail right on schedule.
How much more can the rich afford since they pay most of the income tax anyway?

Paine played no role in the formation of the American government after independence. He lived outside the United States during the critical years (1787–1802) when the nation’s new political institutions were being debated, voted on and tested. He early on advocated a Constitution, but criticized the idea of a Senate, and other aspects he considered elitist and undemocratic. He early and forcefully argued that Western lands should be national lands closed to slavery. This put him squarely against the original land claims of Washington and other Virginia politicians whose own states claimed these areas, but his position was eventually adopted in Jefferson’s Northwest Ordinance.
OK, dumbass, where does that differ than what I said?

OK, dumbass, where does that differ than what I said?
Did I ever disrespect you? Why do you use such language with me?

I merely want to point out that — to the best of my knowledge — Paine’s criticism from afar of aspects of the proposed Constitution did not amount to actively campaigning against it. Paine remained on excellent terms with Jefferson, who also had objections to the Federalists and their ideas, and who also took no active part in writing the Constitution. Thomas Paine worked closely with Jefferson when he was U.S. ambassador to France, and always wished the best for the new American Republic he had helped inspire.

Did I ever disrespect you? Why do you use such language with me?

I merely want to point out that — to the best of my knowledge — Paine’s criticism from afar of aspects of the proposed Constitution did not amount to actively campaigning against it. Paine remained on excellent terms with Jefferson, who also had objections to the Federalists and their ideas, and who also took no active part in writing the Constitution. Thomas Paine worked closely with Jefferson when he was U.S. ambassador to France, and always wished the best for the new American Republic he had helped inspire.

You repeated what I said. Only a dumbass would do that.

I confess I am mystified why Trump has persisted in demanding a Payroll Tax Cut, which will easily, and I believe rightly, be portrayed as an attack on Social Security, and another giveaway to wealthy employers and corporations. It seems a rather absurd thing to do for a “populist” politician in an election year. But who am I to figure out what goes on in Trump’s mind? Does he think Democrats will capitulate on this issue in order to get another round of emergency benefits for laid-off working people? Anyone have any ideas?

“As Congress and the White House focus on crafting another rescue measure for Americans struggling with the coronavirus, the most important question may be: Can't someone find a way to distract President Trump from his stupid obsession with a payroll tax cut?

“We've explained before why a payroll tax cut is always an absurd and harmful idea, never more so than in the current crisis.

“It would undermine the finances of Social Security and Medicare while failing to deliver succor to the Americans who need it most.

“‘By pushing to cut off the program’s funding stream, President Trump is taking the first step toward dismantling Social Security.’ —Max Richtman, National Committee to Preserve Social Security and Medicare

“Trump hasn't been too specific about the cut he demands, but even with a partial reduction in the payroll tax the poorest Americans would receive a few percent of the benefits, and the richest 20% would pocket half to two-thirds of the gains.

“Trump has been fixed on this idea virtually since the start of his Presidential term. Occasionally he has toyed with the idea of eliminating the payroll tax entirely, which would pile stupidity upon stupidity. Never has he offered a thoughtful, logical rationale for cutting the tax wholly or in part....“

Column: Trump to Social Security: Drop dead
^
Fake news.

I agree with the concept that no where in the COTUS is there provisions for the federal government to establish programs it has, tax people to provide them, and not provide results for the expenditures.

I confess I am mystified why Trump has persisted in demanding a Payroll Tax Cut, which will easily, and I believe rightly, be portrayed as an attack on Social Security, and another giveaway to wealthy employers and corporations. It seems a rather absurd thing to do for a “populist” politician in an election year. But who am I to figure out what goes on in Trump’s mind? Does he think Democrats will capitulate on this issue in order to get another round of emergency benefits for laid-off working people? Anyone have any ideas?

“As Congress and the White House focus on crafting another rescue measure for Americans struggling with the coronavirus, the most important question may be: Can't someone find a way to distract President Trump from his stupid obsession with a payroll tax cut?

“We've explained before why a payroll tax cut is always an absurd and harmful idea, never more so than in the current crisis.

“It would undermine the finances of Social Security and Medicare while failing to deliver succor to the Americans who need it most.

“‘By pushing to cut off the program’s funding stream, President Trump is taking the first step toward dismantling Social Security.’ —Max Richtman, National Committee to Preserve Social Security and Medicare

“Trump hasn't been too specific about the cut he demands, but even with a partial reduction in the payroll tax the poorest Americans would receive a few percent of the benefits, and the richest 20% would pocket half to two-thirds of the gains.

“Trump has been fixed on this idea virtually since the start of his Presidential term. Occasionally he has toyed with the idea of eliminating the payroll tax entirely, which would pile stupidity upon stupidity. Never has he offered a thoughtful, logical rationale for cutting the tax wholly or in part....“

Column: Trump to Social Security: Drop dead

Yet all the commies and media applauded when maobama did it. Go figure.

"For a typical middle-class family, (the payroll tax cut) is a big deal," Obama said. "Now my message to Congress is don't stop here. Keep going. ... This may be an election year, but the American people have no patience for gridlock (and) reflexive partisanship."

Yeah that's one I can't get on board with. Social Security and Medicare are already essentially bankrupt and the benefit to workers would be minimal.
The reason I stamped "fake news" on the article is because of the lie about social security. The article says "It would undermine the finances of Social Security and Medicare".

And that statement make the article fake news

A payroll tax cut would not necessarily affect social security taxes. Trump's last payroll tax cut certainly didn't and there is no reason whatsoever to believe that any future payroll tax cut Trump proposes would cut funding to social security.

Yahoo is a known fake news outlet. I've had to stamp several of their articles 'fake news' recently.

If there's one thing you can trust in this world, it's that if I say something is fake news, it's fake news. You don't even have to bother reading it.

Yeah that's one I can't get on board with. Social Security and Medicare are already essentially bankrupt and the benefit to workers would be minimal.
The reason I stamped "fake news" on the article is because of the lie about social security. The article says "It would undermine the finances of Social Security and Medicare".

And that statement make the article fake news

A payroll tax cut would not necessarily affect social security taxes. Trump's last payroll tax cut certainly didn't and there is no reason whatsoever to believe that any future payroll tax cut Trump proposes would cut funding to social security.

Yahoo is a known fake news outlet. I've had to stamp several of their articles 'fake news' recently.

If there's one thing you can trust in this world, it's that if I say something is fake news, it's fake news. You don't even have to bother reading it.

It's fake news only if it doesn't fit your own vision of the perfect world. It doesn't matter if it's true or not, it's all fake news.

Forum List

Back