Trump to save money by giving our troops cheaper equipment

Hey Dave! Cheaper does not equal inferior. If you think about it, you would agree. If you don't like PEOTUS, find a legitimate reason to complain.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
So, genius, how do they lower the cost?
1) fewer features?
2) cheaper materials
3) Pay all those working on the roject minimum wage?

I laugfh at you for defending Triump on this. You want to sendf our troops to war with inferior eq

They always have inferior equipment.......Trump might actually be able to fix this.
Oh how fasrt the right jumps down the military's throat to protect their Orange Leader. First the generals are all so stupid that Trump knew more about ISIS than they did, POWs aren't heroes, and now our military fights with junk.

But hey, you are the same ones that said it was alright to send troops into Iraq without proper armor on vehicles & without protective gear for our soldiers.
Your chocolate Jesus is spending our money like there's no tomorrow. The right has not been happy about it and the fact you couldn't see it isn't a shortcoming on our part. I never heard anyone here or anywhere say it was OK to send troops out with inferior gear.

You're just a stupid lying asshole. It's all you have.

Hey Dave! Cheaper does not equal inferior. If you think about it, you would agree. If you don't like PEOTUS, find a legitimate reason to complain.

1) fewer features?
2) cheaper materials

I laugfh at you for defending Triump on this. You want to sendf our troops to war with inferior eq

I see you know nothing about how the bidding of contracts works.
It has nothing to do with the materials.
So, how do you make a cheaper version? Especially since the materials used to make the jets are exactly the same, according to you.

Competetion like what is happening right now.
Some in the Military does not like the F 35.
The F 18 super hornet is much better according to some others.
Trump is pitting who can do lower bids between the two.

Donald Trump says he will dump the new fighter that Lockheed is working on & replace it with something cheaper.

Funny how the draft dodging POS Trump hid from war & wants out troops in war with inferior weapons.

Really Trumpettes? Is this what you voted for?

Actually, yes.

One of my pet peeves for years has been the F-35. Let me explain why. When you go to get your car fixed, the mechanic has a bunch of tools, perhaps thousands of them in a big box. The mechanic does not simply buy a Swiss Army Knife and decide he has all the tools he needs. He wants, and you expect him to have the right tool for the job.

The F-35 is a Swiss Army Knife. It is expected to do all the jobs, and it does, but not better than a dedicated tool for the job in question. It can not do ground support for the troops as well as an A-10. The old aircraft has just been given a new lease on life because testing showed it was better than the F-35 by a large margin. So equipping every squadron in the Air Force with the F-35 would actually reduce the capabilities available to the troops.

But wait, there is more. Most of the missions are being ready flying overhead to provide some intelligence and perhaps ready to strike a target of opportunity or hitting a target or two for close air support of embattled troops. The F-35 has less loitering time than other aircraft already in the system, and less than new aircraft coming into the market.

Let me introduce you to one that would be fantastic for that kind of job.

Home - Textron AirLand

For the cost of one F-35 you could equip half a squadron with these. They are built using mostly off the shelf parts. The wings, avionics, engines, and controls are all from Civillian aircraft in use right now. That means that repairs are going to cost a fraction of what they would be for the F-35. To that end, the cost per hour of operation is going to be about a quarter of the cost of the F-35 to run. So you can buy more of them, and fly them more for the same cash. Sort of like buying a car for the gas mileage, you know more is better.

Is it the cutting edge of technology? No, and it doesn't need to be for about half the missions that the F-35 will be doing. Just as home tool kits normally are not as extensive or as expensive as the Mechanic's tools at the auto shop. You don't need ten grand in Snap On Tools to change the oil, but he does need them to change the seals on all the different cars he will see.

I am not opposed to spending money for what is needed. The F-35 may be a good deep strike fighter bomber, and it is undeniably better than the F-18 for that job. But that expensive plane is not a one size fits all answer to every mission. If we go with other available airframes even with modernization programs for some of them we provide greater capability with less cost for specific missions.

I'm not surprised you would object. If Obama had said that was what was needed, I bet you wouldn't spend a moment arguing that the troops need the more expensive aircraft. My objections are based upon facts, and my support for alternatives are based upon those facts.

But that isn't what you expect, informed and logical information. Nope, all you think is Trump is bad, and anything he proposes is automatically bad. That kind of response is what we normally call knee jerk, and it's useless.

1) fewer features?
2) cheaper materials

Fool our troops are going to war NOW with inferior but hideously expensive equipment larded with 'features' which turn out to be bugs! BTW, Fool what is your EXPERIENCE in project management?

Donald Trump says he will dump the new fighter that Lockheed is working on & replace it with something cheaper.

Funny how the draft dodging POS Trump hid from war & wants out troops in war with inferior weapons.

Actually, yes.

One of my pet peeves for years has been the F-35. Let me explain why. When you go to get your car fixed, the mechanic has a bunch of tools, perhaps thousands of them in a big box. The mechanic does not simply buy a Swiss Army Knife and decide he has all the tools he needs. He wants, and you expect him to have the right tool for the job.

The F-35 is a Swiss Army Knife. It is expected to do all the jobs, and it does, but not better than a dedicated tool for the job in question. It can not do ground support for the troops as well as an A-10. The old aircraft has just been given a new lease on life because testing showed it was better than the F-35 by a large margin. So equipping every squadron in the Air Force with the F-35 would actually reduce the capabilities available to the troops.

But wait, there is more. Most of the missions are being ready flying overhead to provide some intelligence and perhaps ready to strike a target of opportunity or hitting a target or two for close air support of embattled troops. The F-35 has less loitering time than other aircraft already in the system, and less than new aircraft coming into the market.

Home - Textron AirLand

For the cost of one F-35 you could equip half a squadron with these. They are built using mostly off the shelf parts. The wings, avionics, engines, and controls are all from Civillian aircraft in use right now. That means that repairs are going to cost a fraction of what they would be for the F-35. To that end, the cost per hour of operation is going to be about a quarter of the cost of the F-35 to run. So you can buy more of them, and fly them more for the same cash. Sort of like buying a car for the gas mileage, you know more is better.

Is it the cutting edge of technology? No, and it doesn't need to be for about half the missions that the F-35 will be doing. Just as home tool kits normally are not as extensive or as expensive as the Mechanic's tools at the auto shop. You don't need ten grand in Snap On Tools to change the oil, but he does need them to change the seals on all the different cars he will see.

I am not opposed to spending money for what is needed. The F-35 may be a good deep strike fighter bomber, and it is undeniably better than the F-18 for that job. But that expensive plane is not a one size fits all answer to every mission. If we go with other available airframes even with modernization programs for some of them we provide greater capability with less cost for specific missions.

I'm not surprised you would object. If Obama had said that was what was needed, I bet you wouldn't spend a moment arguing that the troops need the more expensive aircraft. My objections are based upon facts, and my support for alternatives are based upon those facts.

But that isn't what you expect, informed and logical information. Nope, all you think is Trump is bad, and anything he proposes is automatically bad. That kind of response is what we normally call knee jerk, and it's useless.
Wow. The extend you go to to defend your orange buddy. versatility...who needs it. Because we always know exactly wjat we will be facing at any location at any time. Donald J Trump does not know shit about military aircraft. He certainly does not know shit about nuclear weapons,.

1) fewer features?
2) cheaper materials

They always have inferior equipment.......Trump might actually be able to fix this.
Oh how fasrt the right jumps down the military's throat to protect their Orange Leader. First the generals are all so stupid that Trump knew more about ISIS than they did, POWs aren't heroes, and now our military fights with junk.

But hey, you are the same ones that said it was alright to send troops into Iraq without proper armor on vehicles & without protective gear for our soldiers.
Your chocolate Jesus is spending our money like there's no tomorrow. The right has not been happy about it and the fact you couldn't see it isn't a shortcoming on our part. I never heard anyone here or anywhere say it was OK to send troops out with inferior gear.

Spewing racial slurs yet again. What fucking ignorant POS you are.

Thank god you aren't in charge of anything more powerful than a blender or dishwasher...you are too stupid to operate anything more complicated....christ almighty.

Actually, yes.

Home - Textron AirLand

Wow. The extend you go to to defend your orange buddy. versatility...who needs it. Because we always know exactly wjat we will be facing at any location at any time. Donald J Trump does not know shit about military aircraft. He certainly does not know shit about nuclear weapons,.
LOL

Perhaps we should hire another Community organizer.

raw

1) fewer features?
2) cheaper materials

Chocolate is a race on your planet? But like I said, calling me a racist doesn't make your idiotic posts look any better.

1) fewer features?
2) cheaper materials

Chocolate is a race on your planet? But like I said, calling me a racist doesn't make your idiotic posts look any better.
Quit pretending you aren't the racist fuck we know you to be. You posted a slur. At least have the guts to stand behind it instead of running from it like the coward you are.

Actually, yes.

Home - Textron AirLand

LOL

raw

Perhaps you should have instead on the con man you just did.

Do you know what a community organizer does?

Actually, yes.

Home - Textron AirLand

LOL

raw

LOL

Well yeah after watching one screw everything up for 8 years unless you are dumb enough to believe the whole damned middle east is on fire now........Libya blows......and ISIS has grown to over 30 countries now.............

Perhaps we can get some more Red Crayons and paints more lines in the Syrian dessert...........that will show them..................

Actually, yes.

Home - Textron AirLand

And you do? Seriously that is your response to the information I laid out before you? Fine, let's hear from someone who does know aircraft shall we?

This is one of the people who designed the F-16. Now a lot of people say he doesn't know what he's talking about. We'll get to that in a minute if you don't mind waiting a tick.

Well now the detractors say he doesn't know shit about the F-35 and it's totally awesome. Sure, the first dogfight tests totally bore out the complaints about the F-35, but hey, again, it's in progress and for a few billion more dollars it can beat the F-16, eventually.

But what about other airplanes out there? One of the complaints that Sprey had was what is called wing loading. That is how much weight is being carried by how much wing. To explain, the more wing you have for each pound of weight means a larger flight envelope. I guess I have to explain the explanation. You can carry more weight with a bigger wing, and that also means tighter turns and faster turns as the wing is able to handle high G maneuvers.

“No way an F-35 will ever match a Typhoon fighter jet in aerial combat” Eurofighter test pilot says

The F-35 breaks about even with the Eurofighter Typhoon at low altitude. But at high altitude, or high speed, the Eurofighter is superior. The Typhoon is a 4th Generation fighter, and is supposed to be totally dominated by the 5th Generation F-35.

Like a professional boxer beating up a high school kid.

But the boxer struggles to get any advantage, and the reasons are pretty much what Sprey said in the video. Not enough engine, not enough wing, and too much aircraft weight. The advantages the F-35 has which allow greater acceleration are not power, but aerodynamics. Those advantages are canceled out at high altitude as defined above 10,000 feet, or above Mach 1. There the lack of power is detrimental to the aircraft as is the smaller wing.

So it's Iike a Professional Boxer, but one in the Featherweight class going up against a heavyweight high school kid. Yeah, the featherweight has more technical skills, but not nearly enough power to pull it off.

Now, Trump doesn't need to be a test pilot to understand this. He just has to listen to people who do know. Those people are the ones who have just extended the life of the A-10 because it turns out the F-35 can't do the job nearly as well after all.

Now, I get it you hate Trump. But claiming that you are concerned that Trump is going to screw the troops over by giving them inadequate equipment when the truth is that they would have the right tool for the job by having specialized aircraft for the job they are actually doing. That is just hatred blinding you to anything else. I get it. You hate Trump. We all get it by this point.

Put your hatred on a leash, and look into what he's saying instead of the aforementioned knee jerk response. Because if you win, you do show Trump something. You also give the troops a crappy airplane that is ill suited for the jobs that we need it to do. Oh, and it cost ten times what alternatives that do the job better does. So you cost us a lot of money, to get less capability.

Personally, I like the specific tool for the job approach. But perhaps you like the idea of using a wrench to drive a nail, or a screwdriver to chisel wood.

Actually, yes.

Home - Textron AirLand

LOL

raw

LOL

Well yeah after watching one screw everything up for 8 years unless you are dumb enough to believe the whole damned middle east is on fire now........Libya blows......and ISIS has grown to over 30 countries now.............

Perhaps we can get some more Red Crayons and paints more lines in the Syrian dessert...........that will show them..................
Another Trump voter thinking it is better to have dictators & tyrants rule. No wonder you voted for Trump.

But hey, soon Trump will have us flying surplus Japanese Zeros & dropping nukes.

So why should anyone care?

Actually, yes.

Home - Textron AirLand

LOL

raw

LOL

Another Trump voter thinking it is better to have dictators & tyrants rule. No wonder you voted for Trump.

But hey, soon Trump will have us flying surplus Japanese Zeros & dropping nukes.

So why should anyone care?

So in addition to being ignorant on aircraft, military tactics, and application of technology, you are also utterly ignorant of history.

What happens when you talk about building more nuclear weapons, heck what happens when you talk about building any new high tech program? Your competition has to spend money to compete against you. Scientists in the old Soviet Union told the Politburo that the technology did not exist for Regan's "Star War" to work. They pointed out it would take twenty years, or more, minimum before the technology existed. Thankfully for us, the big leaders of the Soviet didn't believe their own scientists. They poured money into the programs, money that they couldn't spare. It help end the Soviet Union, they just couldn't compete on all the fronts we were showing them up on plus the idea of Star Wars rendering their technology obsolete terrified them.

Your choice of the A6M Zero is actually more apt than you might know. In 1940 the aircraft we know as the Zero was sent out to the Japanese Fleet as their primary fighter aircraft. At the same time, we were telling out pilots that their airplanes, the F4F Wildcat was superior in every way to the Zero. It wasn't superior, in nearly any way, to the Zero.

Through the first year of the war the Zero you mock had a kill ratio of 12-1. That means for every one of the Zero's we shot down, they shot down twelve of ours. Joe Foss, World War II ace and Medal of Honor recipient said that if it is one Wildcat versus one Zero, you're out numbered, run. That was the advice he was giving to new pilots who were showing up to replace battle losses at Guadalcanal.

It wasn't until we started fielding the F6F Hellcats and F4U Corsairs that the ratio turned around. Aircraft designed to beat the Zero, with bigger wings for more slow speed maneuverability and more powerful engines, and higher thrust to weight ratios, to be able to stay with the Zero in a climb.

If you were in a Wildcat and a Zero was behind you you had to hopes to pin survival on. 1) A buddy could come and shoot at the Zero and get him off of you. 2) You could dive faster than the Zero but that only worked until the land was just beneath you.

The amount of ignorance you toss out at every reply is astonishing. At this point I have to wonder if you've ever read any books on aviation, the war, military technology and tactics, or any other subject you are happy to get on here and pontificate about with apparent abandon and glee.

Oh and FYI. Cessna is selling a military version of the Caravan aircraft with surveillance packages and even missiles loaded onto the wings. Several nations have already purchased them, so the idea that a propeller aircraft has no place in modern warfare is utterly destroyed by that and the fact that both the Predator and Reaper drones are propeller driven.

Your hatred for Trump is strong, but your knowledge of anything that your hatred has you lashing out on, is very weak indeed.

Supporters are now all over the news lying their ass off claiming it's an air superiority fighter,.......Case for Trump truncating it made by its supporters....

Only an ignorant libtard would over pay for anything. What's wrong with getting the best for less? Didn't libtards spend decades complaining about$1,000 hammers ang $500 toilet seats? Trump will fix that while you scream no fair.

Forum List

Back