Trump to pressure governors to reopen schools

There is no winning argument for the private side, when they purposely take away funds from the public side. It's inarguable.

It is very arguable and is an argument that has been won more often than not.
We'll, good luck ith that, because no one has seen any evidence of your winning argument other than the magic thinking in your head.

I had 3 kids go through our public schools here. They all went onto college and are very successful because they didn't start out at $20 per hour for some half arsed loser boss. That's no way to start.

• Thanks
Reactions: BWK
I had 3 kids go through our public schools here. They all went onto college and are very successful because they didn't start out at $20 per hour for some half arsed loser boss. That's no way to start.
School for these folks are nothing more than a vehicle for a conspiracy, where the poor take on the brunt of the abuse, while the privilege benefit from the theft of stealing from the public school system, whereby they are able to scapegoat that system. It's really quite disgusting.

Sure I did.
Nah, you didnt. Nor does any of that material show liberalism is the cause. You are falling victim to the very childish error of believing correlation shows causation.

Really. So kids are getting high school diplomas, without having a high school education, and it's just magic? Just diplomas are randomly falling from the sky, and no one in charge is to blame?

The only thing childish in this discussion is your inability to accept reality.
No, i said liberalism is not the cause, nor have you shown that it is. Good god man, these are simple english sentences, try to follow...

Liberals are in charge of the school system.

That's not hard to understand either. Explain how people who don't have a high school education got a high school diploma. Who did that, and who is to blame?
Politicians who want to re-direct funding away from public schools towards the private/privileged entities that embrace it, while those who can't afford it will be left out. You are taking away the same opportunity for everyone and segregating the have's and have not's. It's nothing but school segregation all over again.

The government schools are CLOSED, BWK, and will be for the foreseeable future due to COVID. Why not redirect that money so that at least some of the children will learn something, in the private schools?
Because private deprives public. Private was an invented industry to make money and segregate the less fortunate by robbing from public. That way, the less fortunate stay segregated. When did people like you, ever imagine that folks like me couldn't see the conspiracy/ con in that game? You should be ashamed of yourself for pedaling false equivalencies.

By the way, government schools can go virtual, and be funded as such if we have to. With the appropriate funding. Fuck the private schools. No one asked them to invent an industry just to drain the funds from a government entity that serves all the people. The arrogance of this is just over the top.

Actually, Private Schools predate the government schools , not vice versa. Further, private schools don't "drain" anything from the government schools. They save school boards a bundle by removing a lot of students from their responsibility.

Further, private schools give an option to parents who give a dam and want their kids to learn instead of having to worry about taking a shiv in their eye while defending their lunch money.
You failed, as always to produce an argument. I could care less about private schools and when they predated anything. It's not relevant to anything. And if you want proof that private schools don't drain, you've been living in a closet. ashingtonpost.com/education/2020/01/27/5-most-serious-charter-school-scandals-2019-why-they-matter/ "Defending their lunch money" my ass. Charter/private steal that money. So wtf are you talking about?

But see everything you posted, is a good sign.

You know what happens when public schools lose money?

You know what happens to them? Nothing.

See if a charter school does something with the cash, they get into trouble. Then the parents pull their kids out, and the school closes.

Win-win.

What happens when the public schools abuse tax money? Nothing, they just get more tax money.

Lose-lose.

And in the mean time, they still do a better job educating. Statistical fact. Kids do better in private/charter schools, than in public schools.
With charter schools there is no oversight, so corruption becomes the elephant in the room, and is much more prevalent, because it's easier to hide. As for education, stealing from public, is not educating better by private, it's just robbing from the poor to give to the privileged for the private. Public is intentionally underfunded, therefore, the quality is not what it used to be. There is no winning argument for the private side, when they purposely take away funds from the public side. It's inarguable.

That's ridiculous. "There is no oversight at all" "We know they have corruption".

These are mutually exclusive statements. If there was zero oversight, then you would not know there was corruption.

If you know there is some corruption, then there is oversight.

There are over 6,900 charter schools in the US, with over 3 Million students.

Please list how many examples of corruption in charter schools you have.

stealing from public

If the money is being used for education, which it largely is, then it is no more stealing from the public, than any other waste of money, than any other corruption we routinely see in public spending.

The fact remains, that non-public schools routinely and consistently outperform their public school counterparts, and typically spend less money doing so.

Which leads to the bottom line being, are you in favor of kids getting a better education or not? Yes or no.

Public is intentionally underfunded, therefore, the quality is not what it used to be.

Again, just flat out false. We spend more money on education, than any other country in the world, with barely 2 questionable exceptions.

How can you say that we have underfunded public schools, when there are nations that are spending right now, literally half as much on education as the US does, and they have better educational results than we do?

Explain that logic. Other countries spend dramatically less, and have better educated students. Explain that?

Even the charter schools you are complaining about, spend almost half as much money per student, and end up with better educational results. Explain that?

In fact, even within public schools, schools that spend less money per student, have better educational results than those which spend more. Explain that?

No. You are just full of idiotic parroting crap. You don't know what you are talking about.

I disagree with that. I am not saying that your kids didn't have a good experience, and more power to them. I would hazard a guess that they either were active in some way, or possibly had an internship, or something.

I don't know if they simply had the genes, or if you actually taught them well as a parent. Larry Elder, had his father drilling into his head "hard work wins in the end". Which is why he was successful. Other people like Thomas Sowell, just genetically were naturally motivated people.

And maybe it was a combination of both.

However, research consistently shows that people who work their way through school, do better than those who don't.

For example, a student who earned between $5,000 and $15,000 (roughly equivalent to a standard 20-hour a week part-time job) during the first year of a two-year associate degree program subsequently earned $4,200 more a year, on average, than a student who didn’t work. For students who earned more than $25,000 during their first year, the annual earnings bump was more than $18,000, compared with a classmate who didn’t work.​

I had to laugh when they said "a new study"... I remember reading about this back in the 90s, and they found the same conclusion. People who work during late high school and college, end up doing better.

The only exception is if you work so much, that you have to drop out. Obviously if you work Wendy's until you have to drop out of college, then that's a fail.

But this research is consistent over the past 30 years. Students who work, even McDonald's jobs, do better in the long run.

This matches my personal experience as well. Employers do not like people who have zero work experience. People with zero work experience, generally speaking... make lousy employees.

They don't show up on time. They don't understand that on-the-clock means working. They want to chit-chat and yack, like they were still in the college cafeteria. They get "tired" and think they should have a break time. They want to mess with their phones.

I can tell within usually about 15 minutes, whether a new hire is someone who has had a job before, or if this is their first job. People who have worked before, get their butt to the work, and start making stuff happen.

Again employers know this. Getting an employee that has zero work experience, is like finding a software program on the internet. You want the free demo. You don't want to spend a dime, until you know that program is going to do what you want.

A few of the employers I worked for, they wouldn't hire even an engineer, unless he had worked *somewhere* before. I have actually had people talk to me, who had 4-year-degrees... and could not get hired, because they had never worked a job before in their lives. Never volunteered, never been part of a missions trip, never worked a McJob, nothing.

And they get offered like entry level mail room jobs, or assistant jobs, and they don't want those jobs because they have a degree. But then they simply don't get hired.

Now again, I am ecstatic that your kids did well. More power to them. I want everyone to win. That's wonderful.

But my advice to everyone is, get a job. Even a part time job. Do something productive while in school.

The only exceptions to that would be like... computer programmers. Because you can write programs, and document your code, and send that with your resume to a company, and they can review your code and verify your skills. So... that's being productive, without needing a job, and that can get you in the door.

With charter schools there is no oversight, so corruption becomes the elephant in the room, and is much more prevalent, because it's easier to hide. As for education, stealing from public, is not educating better by private, it's just robbing from the poor to give to the privileged for the private. Public is intentionally underfunded, therefore, the quality is not what it used to be. There is no winning argument for the private side, when they purposely take away funds from the public side. It's inarguable.

Where did you get the notion that there is no oversight of Charter Schools?

Actually, there is a tremendous amount of oversight, all the teachers have to meet certain criteria, the curriculum has to be satisfactory according to the state in question, etc.

Remember that Charter school all get big checks from the school boards and states.

Private schools are a different thing altogether, because they aren't state funded. Tuition, endowments, pay their bills, but they still have oversight and the nuns and that have to have credentials to show they are qualified as principals or teachers

Wallace: Someone with Trump's incompetence will not decide if my kid goes back to school Words cannot explain the sheer incompetence and evil of sending children back to school, just to try and make Trump look good. And by the way, he's making the decision? I thought the states were on their own to do their own deciding?

Just to put this into perspective, Trump wants to expose the kids, teachers, and staff to Covid, but has Michael Cohen, and Paul Manafort released early because of possible exposure. am I understanding this correctly? covid-19 is so deadly that Paul Manafort and Michael Cohen had to be released from prison early, but it's also so benign that we need to be packing the nation's children back into their schools pronto? ok cool, that checks out Trump and his administration have failed this country and put us all in danger. And the kids? To hell with them.
Hey moron, according to the CDC, out of all the deaths in the US, only 14 deaths are in the age group of 5-14. School age kids are virtually unaffected by the virus. In Arizona the only minor to die with the virus had many other medical conditions.

But, we all know you people are science deniers, and you only object to it because the politics matter more than statistics and science. The left want to keep kids at home and single moms unemployed. Your only goal is the total destruction of the economy. You could care less when a black child is shot dead in Chicago where Dems refuse to send police. So stop pretending you give a shit about the children going to school as if it is even dangerous.

There is no point whatsoever in providing facts about anything to Democrats. To them, the only thing that matters are FEELINGS!

If President Trump suggested to NOT open the schools until Fall 2021, and there had been no new cases of COVID-19 in six months, the Democrats would be screaming and stomping their little feet in faux outrage and that it was insane to not wait a full year.

Democrats have no clue as to what to do. All they know is that ANYTHING President Trump does is a calamity!

You and Trump have no clue what is happening. Cases are skyrocketing and at this time it is hard to see how schools open on time.
How about the facts which show children are not affected? Or the facts that children are poor vectors and transmissioners of COVID19? How do you justify your position?

are you going to force schools closed for flu seasons every year as well? The flu (common) is one children actually are excellent vectors of.

The coronavirus is far more contagious than the flu. You are delusional.

• Thanks
Reactions: BWK
Not one bedwetter has explained to us how children are in danger by going back to school. Children don’t get ill from the virus, and certainly don’t die from it at any significant rate. I mean out of 130,000 plus deaths, 14 were in the age group of 5-14. And I bet most if not all had some other very serious conditions.

No takers? Science and statistics scare you off?
BWK , okfine ?
14 is 14 too many. Also they have families as well. They can infect their family.
14 out of 330 million people over the last 5 months. Uh-huh. More than 50 children die per day of car accidents.

You don't seem to give a damn about those 14 lives. Tell that to their families. If it were my child, I would beat you to a pulp and dare a jury to convict me. Also children can be carriers and most children I know have families that they could infect.

Wallace: Someone with Trump's incompetence will not decide if my kid goes back to school Words cannot explain the sheer incompetence and evil of sending children back to school, just to try and make Trump look good. And by the way, he's making the decision? I thought the states were on their own to do their own deciding?

Just to put this into perspective, Trump wants to expose the kids, teachers, and staff to Covid, but has Michael Cohen, and Paul Manafort released early because of possible exposure. am I understanding this correctly? covid-19 is so deadly that Paul Manafort and Michael Cohen had to be released from prison early, but it's also so benign that we need to be packing the nation's children back into their schools pronto? ok cool, that checks out Trump and his administration have failed this country and put us all in danger. And the kids? To hell with them.
Hey moron, according to the CDC, out of all the deaths in the US, only 14 deaths are in the age group of 5-14. School age kids are virtually unaffected by the virus. In Arizona the only minor to die with the virus had many other medical conditions.

But, we all know you people are science deniers, and you only object to it because the politics matter more than statistics and science. The left want to keep kids at home and single moms unemployed. Your only goal is the total destruction of the economy. You could care less when a black child is shot dead in Chicago where Dems refuse to send police. So stop pretending you give a shit about the children going to school as if it is even dangerous.

There is no point whatsoever in providing facts about anything to Democrats. To them, the only thing that matters are FEELINGS!

If President Trump suggested to NOT open the schools until Fall 2021, and there had been no new cases of COVID-19 in six months, the Democrats would be screaming and stomping their little feet in faux outrage and that it was insane to not wait a full year.

Democrats have no clue as to what to do. All they know is that ANYTHING President Trump does is a calamity!

You and Trump have no clue what is happening. Cases are skyrocketing and at this time it is hard to see how schools open on time.
How about the facts which show children are not affected? Or the facts that children are poor vectors and transmissioners of COVID19? How do you justify your position?

are you going to force schools closed for flu seasons every year as well? The flu (common) is one children actually are excellent vectors of.

They are in total denial of reality.

Are you sure about that? Because if that's true, that means that virtually everyone has already been exposed to Coronavirus. After all, the infestation of influenza is very high, and if CV is even more catching, that tells me there is little that can be done.

Actually, there is a tremendous amount of oversight, all the teachers have to meet certain criteria, the curriculum has to be satisfactory according to the state in question, etc.

Remember that Charter school all get big checks from the school boards and states.

Private schools are a different thing altogether, because they aren't state funded. Tuition, endowments, pay their bills, but they still have oversight and the nuns and that have to have credentials to show they are qualified as principals or teachers
No oversight means criminal wrongdoing =charter schools. Charter/private schools are nothing but vehicles to take from public in their own way. Be it funding through the government, or as a way to denigrate the public system by cutting its funding, making charter and private look so much better. It's a simple matter of directing funds to either add to a system or subtract. And they subtracted from the public, therefore, it becomes the scapegoat. It's simple, obvious strategy anyone with an honest bone in their body can see.

Why shouldn’t schools reopen?
Why should I even bother explaining this if you already know what I am going to say?

Of course I know what you were going to say. You are a predictable imbecile. Why don’t you try and educate yourself on the subject first.

Right so you’re an idiot for asking. Glad we cleared that up.

How typical. You post an article about what OTHER countries are doing. As in, countries that have a much better grasp on the virus than we do. See those nations are at risk for a “second wave”, but the US? Our nation is a hotbed for the virus and we are still in the first wave. We lead the world by a big margin in cases and there is no sign of a slowdown in infections.

COVID 19 is a psy-op and the bar has been lowered so low that if you have a cough? You are put into the "COVID -19" positive camp. If someone comes in that was killed in a car accident and allegedly tests positive for COVID-19, that death is put in the stats of COVID....this is all bullshit and the sheeple are being scared into compliance. I bet ya Billy boy will be the first in line for the fast-tracked "vaccine" for this alleged self-mutating virus that is lurking everywhere......what a joke Billy is.
Exactly,he will be first in line with his sleeve rolled down like the loyal gubernatorial sheep he is.lol

No oversight means criminal wrongdoing =charter schools. Charter/private schools are nothing but vehicles to take from public in their own way. Be it funding through the government, or as a way to denigrate the public system by cutting its funding, making charter and private look so much better. It's a simple matter of directing funds to either add to a system or subtract. And they subtracted from the public, therefore, it becomes the scapegoat. It's simple, obvious strategy anyone with an honest bone in their body can see.

But the states DO provide oversight to the charter schools. Private schools have to be licensed too, but the don't get public funds. I went to the schools in the parochial system and we excelled compared to the City Schools. We "looked" better, because we were better. The nuns as well as the brothers didn't take no Shit and made sure we learned while kids in the Government schools were more worried about taking a Shiv in the eye.

Why should I even bother explaining this if you already know what I am going to say?

Of course I know what you were going to say. You are a predictable imbecile. Why don’t you try and educate yourself on the subject first.

How typical. You post an article about what OTHER countries are doing. As in, countries that have a much better grasp on the virus than we do. See those nations are at risk for a “second wave”, but the US? Our nation is a hotbed for the virus and we are still in the first wave. We lead the world by a big margin in cases and there is no sign of a slowdown in infections.

COVID 19 is a psy-op and the bar has been lowered so low that if you have a cough? You are put into the "COVID -19" positive camp. If someone comes in that was killed in a car accident and allegedly tests positive for COVID-19, that death is put in the stats of COVID....this is all bullshit and the sheeple are being scared into compliance. I bet ya Billy boy will bed the first in line for the fast-tracked "vaccine" for this alleged self-mutating virus that is lurking everywhere......what a joke Billy is.
Its incredible how you blindly buy into any conspiracy theory. You read some stupid blog from some moronic website and you decide it is true forsaking any critical thinking skills whatsoever.

No what’s incredible is how sheep like you wave pesky facts and have this warped logic to dismiss them as conspiracy theories.lol which btw was a term coined by the CIA when Americans started not accepting the lies of the CIA media that Oswald shot JFK.lol

Are you sure about that? Because if that's true, that means that virtually everyone has already been exposed to Coronavirus. After all, the infestation of influenza is very high, and if CV is even more catching, that tells me there is little that can be done.
We are having record infections. "Little that can be done?" Now you say that? Trump said it was a hoax. Remember? Do you understand how shallow your thinking is there? Why do you think the sirens were going off way back at the first of March by the Left, and Trump manufactured all these lies about the virus? Answer, he didn't want to deal with it, he didn't care, and he duped his idiot base into going along with all his magical thinking to make it go away in his head. What you are saying now about "little can be done" was flushed down the toilet when the Right fought everyone over the lock down. When people aren't smart enough to understand that B follows A, and C follows B, that's the losing battle that the Right worked so hard to squash. Congratulations, Trump and his Sheep accomplished the mission.

COVID 19 is a psy-op and the bar has been lowered so low that if you have a cough? You are put into the "COVID -19" positive camp. If someone comes in that was killed in a car accident and allegedly tests positive for COVID-19, that death is put in the stats of COVID....this is all bullshit and the sheeple are being scared into compliance. I bet ya Billy boy will bed the first in line for the fast-tracked "vaccine" for this alleged self-mutating virus that is lurking everywhere......what a joke Billy is.
Its incredible how you blindly buy into any conspiracy theory. You read some stupid blog from some moronic website and you decide it is true forsaking any critical thinking skills whatsoever.
OK it's been 3 and a half years of conspiracy theories
I REPEAT 3 AND A HALF FUCKING YEARS OF CONSPIRACY THEORIES
Beginning with the Russia Conspiracy
Yeah billy is a hypocrite he talks about conspiracy theories and yet believes in the conspiracy theory of the media of the fake Russia collusion stuff.comedy gold,hypocricy at its best.lol

But the states DO provide oversight to the charter schools. Private schools have to be licensed too, but the don't get public funds. I went to the schools in the parochial system and we excelled compared to the City Schools. We "looked" better, because we were better. The nuns as well as the brothers didn't take no Shit and made sure we learned while kids in the Government schools were more worried about taking a Shiv in the eye.
You do not have the intelligence or knowledge to understand your own argument. Private schools get private funds. Big difference. As to oversight, there is not enough oversight for the criminals not to test the system, but they are dumb enough to get caught with the oversight the charters do have. If there was real oversight the criminals wouldn't be so emboldened to try something.

OK it's been 3 and a half years of conspiracy theories
I REPEAT 3 AND A HALF FUCKING YEARS OF CONSPIRACY THEORIES
Beginning with the Russia Conspiracy
Trump being a moron isn’t a conspiracy theory lol
Nor is it a conspiracy theory you are A moron.lol

funny how repub trumpers have once again become hypocrites....

you hate public schools and think home schooling is great.... and now you hate the kids being home schooled and insist on them reopening unsafe, public schools in the middle of a pandemic....

sheesh......
We dont hate public schools
We hate public schools that have been turned into indoctrination centers under the guise of tolerance, understanding and social justice ..along with the complete dumbing down of the general population

Ya ever wonder why you lefties are complete morons ? Public schools!
yet....you want to push them back in to these unsafe schools, with no money for even sanitizer, let alone masks, plexiglass for teacher safety, or for splitting sessions to have 6ft of separation.... :rolleyes:

the president has no idea what he is doing.... he forced through pressure to reopen this country too early and look where we are at now.....

and you trust him now with your own children and teachers, to take care of them with no plan on how to make schools safe and the money to do such???

please, no one is foolish enough to trust this guy.... who only cares about his own reelection....
There is no deadly virus,it’s all a hoax,you have been brainwashed on this,if there was this deadly virus,a mere mask would not stop it.i know from experience it would not. I have bad allergy’s,hayfever and asthma.because of that I had to stop mowing the yard of our house my last year in high school because EVEN when I wore a mask,I STILL sneezed all night long from the grass I mowed up,it all penetrated thorough the mask,imagine what some deadly virus would do.lol. That plexiglass is so much propaganda crap.

Your faith in the CIA media what they tell you is comical.just like you never did any research into the facts Obama was a Kenyon,you have done none in this area either obviously. I am no trump fan in the least but it’s so obvious this virus hoax was cooked up by the democrats because their Russia hoax failed and so did their impeachment so this is the new thing they have concocted to try to keep trump from being re-elected.

I never wanted trump elected but because he was the only alternative to hitlery a globalist,it was a no brainer fir me to vote for him.same thing here,i am not pleased with trump as president but because the alternative is biden who is with the other dems like Clinton and Obama and the bush’s to destroy Americans,trump is a no brainer again. I wish all system to keep them from being indoctrinated with lies,but they need to be around other peers,self isolating them T home by themselves is dangerous.

Forum List

Back