Trump threatens to send national guard to control blacks in Minneapolis

No truer words...from Matt Taibbi.

Following all of this amazing protest news underscores the folly of all those cover-ups in cases like Eric Garner's - the numbing certainty that even obvious brutality cases won't be punished leaves people furious not just with police, but the whole system.

My former coworker was a retired Cleveland police officer. He asked "So WTF do they expect us to do? When a suspect fights you while being arrested, we're supposed to say, okay, if you don't want to be arrested, we'll go away. Perhaps another time."

except in this case the guy was subdued and cuffed, he was no longer able to fight, but the cop kept his knee on his neck when there was no fight left. It was murder. That cop and the ones who watched and did nothing should get the maximum sentence. But that does not excuse the looting and destructive violence in our large cities.

Kent State 2020.
I hope to God not.

Do you remember when Trump sent the military to assist with the crush at the border? They weren't allowed to shoot or do anything military like. They were cleaning the latrines and stuff. I've never seen the Guard (since Kent State) take an offensive posture. Maybe Kent State is why. I could be very wrong. That's why I'm asking.
It seems to me that every time the police kill an unarmed black man this happens. This is not rioting or looting. This is an uprising. It will continue to happen until such time as the police stop killing blacks.

If the military actually uses deadly force on these people I can't imagine what will happen nation wide.

On a side note, your avatar gives me great joy.
Thanks, Billy! Back by popular demand.

If the military actually uses deadly force on these people I can't imagine what will happen nation wide.
Agreed. Pouring gasoline on a fire.

BUT I don't think burning down businesses every night until they get what they want for charges is a very pretty way to go about things, either.
It's not. If you are thinking about the consequences. They are not.
I'm not black, but I understand how they feel.
Its like walking across a carpet and touching a doorknob.
It keeps shocking you. Every single time.
You get so sick and tired of getting shocked, one day you go off the deep end and rip the doorknob off.
These black people are so sick and tired of being murdered by police they have reached their breaking point. As I said earlier, this is an uprising.

Yet they don't seem to do anything about it. It works like this: If an officer turns on his lights, you stop your car immediately. When the officer asks for your license, you hand him your license. When the officer asks you to keep your hands where he or she can see them, then keep you hands where the police can see them. When the officer writes you a ticket and asks you to sign it, you sign the ticket. When the officer tells you to have a good day, then damn it, you have a good day.

Now......this concludes my lesson on how not to have any further police killings (right or wrong) of white officers and black suspects. Because if it's one thing all these controversial suspect deaths have in common, it's that the suspect didn't strictly obey the orders of the police. In fact, they gave the police a hard time.

This is why conservatives never get shot or killed, and liberals seem to have this happen all the time. It's not color, it's common sense.

Breonna Taylor never got the chance to obey any orders.

You don't know that. According to police, they announced themselves several times before busting down the door. They claim the police didn't. How many times have we heard that lie before?

Blacks going wild rioting and looting again.

They do it quite often, don't they?

Well, you shut down all of their peaceful options of protest - like taking a knee. If you take away all other options, violence is the only thing left.

Not one police office has been jailed for murdering unarmed black people. Every victim is "thuggified" and blamed for their "failure to comply". This man complied and they killed him anyway, as he begged for his life. The only cop who has been jailed for killing an innocent civilian is the black police office who shot the white yoga instructor in her pajamas.

That's shameful.

I am really pissed at the filthy government for excessive taxation, creating a welfare state, oppressive regulations and the oppression of taking away my Constitutional rights, especially infringing upon my right to keep and bear arms. This government is out of control.

So I am morally justified to go loot and then burn down a Target just to show the assholes how pissed I am?

I could use another big screen TV and some expensive Nike shoes so thanks for the support.

That's what the founders did on a Pier in Boston in 1773.

Thats not what these rioters, looters, thieves, pillagers are doing.

If you say so. Keep ignoring our unjust justice system and people will continue working to tear it all down.

You're not gonna get justice burning down meaningless incoming pea sized objects while the main event comes in from the south. Do you comprehend the picture?

We have made small strides. While far too many police officers still get away with undefendable actions some are finally getting held accountable.

Without the previous violence that would not be the case.
This cop was going down. Stealing TVs did change that.

If there are no charges the violence will only get worse.

I'm going to assume that they want to make sure we finally understand this time. The facts are the officer would not have been arrested yet if not for the violence which tells the people that the authoritarians still do not understand.

he and the other 3 have been arrested and charged, but the violence and looting continues. explain that

Following all of this amazing protest news underscores the folly of all those cover-ups in cases like Eric Garner's - the numbing certainty that even obvious brutality cases won't be punished leaves people furious not just with police, but the whole system.

My former coworker was a retired Cleveland police officer. He asked "So WTF do they expect us to do? When a suspect fights you while being arrested, we're supposed to say, okay, if you don't want to be arrested, we'll go away. Perhaps another time."

except in this case the guy was subdued and cuffed, he was no longer able to fight, but the cop kept his knee on his neck when there was no fight left. It was murder. That cop and the ones who watched and did nothing should get the maximum sentence. But that does not excuse the looting and destructive violence in our large cities.

In this case, correct. In the Garner case, he resisted arrest, and it's common for police to subdue a suspect by taking them to the ground in such a case.

George, a convicted felon, would be alive today if the asshole hadn't tried to steal money from a Black owned business.

Just shows you how stupid it is to be involved in criminal activity.

Sometimes it doesn't go the way you think it will go.

Perhaps you're right about his crime, but that particular crime should not have had a death sentence and the policeman's inept and callous application of force was criminal.

A lot of criminal activity may not be worthy of a "death sentence" but shit happens when you break the law and try to steal things.

My point is that had the convicted felon not chose to commit a crime he would be alive today.

He wouldn't have been confronted by the police had he just went to the store to buy some Dr Pepper.

We have no clue if he had committed a crime. He was accused by the store owner but that doesn't mean he did it.

They had the right to stop him and get his information but really, until they investigated and determined an actual crime happened they had no right to arrest him.

The prosecutor initially said they had to perform an investigation before any arrests of the police officers could be made and that might take nine months to a year.

Seems it took 4 days. It wouldn't have if not for the violence.

Same with the officer who allegedly killed floyd? He was charged but that doesn't mean he did it?

He will get a trial and yes, everyone is innocent until proven guilty but he wasn't arrested until after evidence was collected. Unlike Floyd.

Kent State 2020.
I hope to God not.

Do you remember when Trump sent the military to assist with the crush at the border? They weren't allowed to shoot or do anything military like. They were cleaning the latrines and stuff. I've never seen the Guard (since Kent State) take an offensive posture. Maybe Kent State is why. I could be very wrong. That's why I'm asking.
It seems to me that every time the police kill an unarmed black man this happens. This is not rioting or looting. This is an uprising. It will continue to happen until such time as the police stop killing blacks.

On a side note, your avatar gives me great joy.
Thanks, Billy! Back by popular demand.

Agreed. Pouring gasoline on a fire.

BUT I don't think burning down businesses every night until they get what they want for charges is a very pretty way to go about things, either.
It's not. If you are thinking about the consequences. They are not.
I'm not black, but I understand how they feel.
Its like walking across a carpet and touching a doorknob.
It keeps shocking you. Every single time.
You get so sick and tired of getting shocked, one day you go off the deep end and rip the doorknob off.
These black people are so sick and tired of being murdered by police they have reached their breaking point. As I said earlier, this is an uprising.

Yet they don't seem to do anything about it. It works like this: If an officer turns on his lights, you stop your car immediately. When the officer asks for your license, you hand him your license. When the officer asks you to keep your hands where he or she can see them, then keep you hands where the police can see them. When the officer writes you a ticket and asks you to sign it, you sign the ticket. When the officer tells you to have a good day, then damn it, you have a good day.

Now......this concludes my lesson on how not to have any further police killings (right or wrong) of white officers and black suspects. Because if it's one thing all these controversial suspect deaths have in common, it's that the suspect didn't strictly obey the orders of the police. In fact, they gave the police a hard time.

This is why conservatives never get shot or killed, and liberals seem to have this happen all the time. It's not color, it's common sense.

Breonna Taylor never got the chance to obey any orders.

You don't know that. According to police, they announced themselves several times before busting down the door. They claim the police didn't. How many times have we heard that lie before?

The neighbors said they didn't also. We also know that it appears they lied to get the warrant in the first place so there is no reason to believe the known liars.

George, a convicted felon, would be alive today if the asshole hadn't tried to steal money from a Black owned business.

Perhaps you're right about his crime, but that particular crime should not have had a death sentence and the policeman's inept and callous application of force was criminal.

A lot of criminal activity may not be worthy of a "death sentence" but shit happens when you break the law and try to steal things.

My point is that had the convicted felon not chose to commit a crime he would be alive today.

He wouldn't have been confronted by the police had he just went to the store to buy some Dr Pepper.

We have no clue if he had committed a crime. He was accused by the store owner but that doesn't mean he did it.

They had the right to stop him and get his information but really, until they investigated and determined an actual crime happened they had no right to arrest him.

The prosecutor initially said they had to perform an investigation before any arrests of the police officers could be made and that might take nine months to a year.

So who says they didn't have evidence of a crime? Also, you need a charge to arrest somebody. The police might have put him in cuffs so he didn't run away while investigating the complaint.

They had a reason to question him, not arrest him.

So who says they didn't have evidence of a crime? Also, you need a charge to arrest somebody. The police might have put him in cuffs so he didn't run away while investigating the complaint.

hard to question someone when he is fighting you.

In this case, correct. In the Garner case, he resisted arrest, and it's common for police to subdue a suspect by taking them to the ground in such a case.

yes, take him to the ground, cuff him and then put him in the car. There is no excuse for kneeling on his neck for 8 minutes after he was cuffed.

George: "Hey Hon, I'm going down to Leroys's store to pass some counterfeit bills, what could possibly go wrong?"

Floyd wasn't fighting anyone.

Same with the officer who allegedly killed floyd? He was charged but that doesn't mean he did it?

He will get a trial and yes, everyone is innocent until proven guilty but he wasn't arrested until after evidence was collected. Unlike Floyd.

Apparently, target had evidence. So, yeah just like floyd.

They had NO reason to arrest Garner. He had done nothing wrong. It was an attempt at an illegal search. (Now here is where you lie again about the facts)

Floyd wasn't fighting anyone.

The video that we saw shows that he wasnt fighting anyone. The video also shows the officer holding floyd down until he quits breathing.

hard to question someone when he is fighting you.

No one was fighting.

Apparently, target had evidence. So, yeah just like floyd.

No idea what Target has to do with this.

That stupid Democrat Governor of Minnesota is blaming the riots on White Supremacists. Really he is. He said that last night. What a fucking dumbshit!

In the big picture he is right.

Forum List

Back