Trump tells rich Mar a Lago Friends "You all just got a lot richer" after tax bill

President Trump tells wealthy guests at Mar-a-Lago: “You all just got a lot richer” after tax bill

President Donald Trump joined his family at their “Winter White House” for the holidays Friday night after signing the GOP tax bill into law, and reportedly told wealthy friends dining at Mar-a-Lago, “You all just got a lot richer.”

Days before heading away for the holidays, Trump told White House reporters that the tax bill would be “one of the great Christmas gifts to middle-income people.” However, Mar-a-Lago’s exclusive dinner guests would have paid a $200,000 initiation fee and $14,000 in annual dues to Trump’s golf club and resort.

Trump made the comment to friends eating dinner at a nearby table, two of whom spoke of the encounter with CBS News.

--------------

200 grand initiation fee and 14 grand a year. Wow, that's a lot of money. And those people are going to get a lot richer.

Bet they get more than 18 bucks a week.

Oh well, for that 18 bucks, I no longer need healthcare.

A booming economy makes rich people richer...........

Rich people also get richer when they have special tax breaks in a tax bill that is supposed to be about reform.

Special tax breaks for rich people? Tell me more!!!
Not paying rent for your mom's basement doesn't make you rich.

I agree, but enough about you......

President Trump tells wealthy guests at Mar-a-Lago: “You all just got a lot richer” after tax bill

President Donald Trump joined his family at their “Winter White House” for the holidays Friday night after signing the GOP tax bill into law, and reportedly told wealthy friends dining at Mar-a-Lago, “You all just got a lot richer.”

Days before heading away for the holidays, Trump told White House reporters that the tax bill would be “one of the great Christmas gifts to middle-income people.” However, Mar-a-Lago’s exclusive dinner guests would have paid a $200,000 initiation fee and $14,000 in annual dues to Trump’s golf club and resort.

Trump made the comment to friends eating dinner at a nearby table, two of whom spoke of the encounter with CBS News.

--------------

200 grand initiation fee and 14 grand a year. Wow, that's a lot of money. And those people are going to get a lot richer.

Rich people also get richer when they have special tax breaks in a tax bill that is supposed to be about reform.

Why the hell do you think Corker changed his mind and kissed trumps ass while changing his vote? He and 14 other repub senators made out like the bandits they are

Show me.....

--------------

Why the hell do you think Corker changed his mind and kissed trumps ass while changing his vote? He and 14 other repub senators made out like the bandits they are

Show me.....
It's in the book You're hooked in to a den of thieves

Show me.....

We all know you don't read books......

Show me.....

Toddster I guarantee I've read 10x as many books as the moron in our WH has

Show me.....

That is awesome!!!
Now what are these special tax breaks for rich people you imagined?

So what? Everyone who has been paying the bulk of taxes actually did get richer...why don't you aim to do the same?

These are the same people who have held workers wages down for three decades, while their wealth has grown dramatically.
Kissing their asses by folks like you, hasn’t worked. You have a slave mentality. And all that does is, keep you in miserable place.
Wage Stagnation in Nine Charts

Show me.....

That is awesome!!!
Live and learn
The Post reports:

A crucial GOP senator is raising questions about the bill after finding out that it includes a tax break that could financially benefit him and politically tarnish him.

Sen. Bob Corker (R-Tenn.) says he wasn’t aware of this new tax break for wealthy real estate developers like him, but the left is whacking him for initially withholding support yet later backing the bill around the same time that this provision was included.

Corker, who is retiring next year, has denied he had anything to do with this provision. But if the senator feels that he can’t vote for the final tax bill because of perception fears, the whole legislation could fall apart the same week that Republicans had hoped to finally pass it.

We have no reason to doubt Corker, who says he was unaware of the provision. CNN explained, “According to [Sen. Orrin] Hatch, Corker and his staff never contacted the Senate Finance Committee about including the provision. Hatch said that instead, the provision was merely a result of combining the House and Senate tax bills, which both structured taxes for pass-through entities like real estate LLCs differently.”) However, Corker’salleged mendacity is not the issue. Rather, the question now is: Knowing that this provision is included and that the bill is just as fiscally irresponsible as the version he voted against, how could he vote for the bill anyway? (As for Hatch, it seems he put the measure into the bill to benefit the real estate industry, which has lavishly contributed to his campaigns. “Experts familiar with the specific workings of how the tax break is formulated said that while there are some general similarities between the House bill and the conference report, Hatch sculpted a brand new provision for the final bill — one that was not in the previous versions of the legislation.”)

Show me.....

That is awesome!!!
Live and learn
The Post reports:

A crucial GOP senator is raising questions about the bill after finding out that it includes a tax break that could financially benefit him and politically tarnish him.

Sen. Bob Corker (R-Tenn.) says he wasn’t aware of this new tax break for wealthy real estate developers like him, but the left is whacking him for initially withholding support yet later backing the bill around the same time that this provision was included.

Corker, who is retiring next year, has denied he had anything to do with this provision. But if the senator feels that he can’t vote for the final tax bill because of perception fears, the whole legislation could fall apart the same week that Republicans had hoped to finally pass it.

We have no reason to doubt Corker, who says he was unaware of the provision. CNN explained, “According to [Sen. Orrin] Hatch, Corker and his staff never contacted the Senate Finance Committee about including the provision. Hatch said that instead, the provision was merely a result of combining the House and Senate tax bills, which both structured taxes for pass-through entities like real estate LLCs differently.”) However, Corker’salleged mendacity is not the issue. Rather, the question now is: Knowing that this provision is included and that the bill is just as fiscally irresponsible as the version he voted against, how could he vote for the bill anyway? (As for Hatch, it seems he put the measure into the bill to benefit the real estate industry, which has lavishly contributed to his campaigns. “Experts familiar with the specific workings of how the tax break is formulated said that while there are some general similarities between the House bill and the conference report, Hatch sculpted a brand new provision for the final bill — one that was not in the previous versions of the legislation.”)

The special break was the "20 percent deduction on income from “pass-through” entities, such as LLCs and S-Corps"?

That is awesome!!!
Live and learn
The Post reports:

The special break was the "20 percent deduction on income from “pass-through” entities, such as LLCs and S-Corps"?
I'm not sure but it sure did get corker to change his mind

That is awesome!!!
Live and learn
The Post reports:

I haven't seen proof of that, have you?

--------------

Nothing wrong with that statement because it's true, something we don't hear from Trump very often. There's going to be a lot of money in the hands of the rich do to this law, hopefully some of it will trickle down.

Last edited:

--------------

Nothing wrong with that statement because it's true, something we don't hear from Trump very often. There's going to be a lot of money in the hands of rich do to this law, hopefully some of it will trickle down.
Yea, well, you can always hope.

But did it trickle down with the Reagan Tax Cuts for the rich? Maybe a little.

Or the Bush Tax Cuts for the rich? OK, not so much.

And this time? A few managers get a bonus. But most corporations already said they will go for "buy backs".

So the answer is "Not so much".

--------------

Nothing wrong with that statement because it's true, something we don't hear from Trump very often. There's going to be a lot of money in the hands of rich do to this law, hopefully some of it will trickle down.

And this time? A few managers get a bonus. But most corporations already said they will go for "buy backs".

But did it trickle down with the Reagan Tax Cuts for the rich?

upload_2017-12-26_20-5-37.png

upload_2017-12-26_20-6-33.png

U.S. Federal Individual Income Tax Rates History, 1862-2013 (Nominal and Inflation-Adjusted Brackets) - Tax Foundation

As you can see, Reagan cut taxes for everybody.....well, someone smarter than you can see.....

Show me.....

That is awesome!!!

First of all the carried interest deduction is retained. Even Trump criticized it and promised to get rid of it. The pass through provision is something that is ripe for abuse. Also it does not help a plumber who makes $50,000 a year. He pays the lower individual rate. This helps people that makes millions. The rich will be re-structuring their income to take advantage of it. At the last minute, a provision was inserted that allows real estate trusts to use the pass through provision. This helps Ryan, Corker and Trump. As passive investors they will be able to take 100% of their investment and subject it to the pass through rate. People who actively work in the business will only be able to take 30% of their income and subject it to the pass-through rate.

--------------

But did it trickle down with the Reagan Tax Cuts for the rich?

View attachment 168040

View attachment 168042
U.S. Federal Individual Income Tax Rates History, 1862-2013 (Nominal and Inflation-Adjusted Brackets) - Tax Foundation

As you can see, Reagan cut taxes for everybody.....well, someone smarter than you can see.....

You miss the point. Reagan cut taxes for everybody. The Republican tax bill does not do that. Even McConnell admits some middle class people will see their tax bills go up.

That is awesome!!!
Live and learn
The Post reports:

I haven't seen proof of that, have you?

You wouldn't believe it if it hit you in the face. You are a partisan. Everything good that happens to the economy will be due to the tax bill and everything bad will be Obama's fault. For Democrats, it will be vice versa.

Forum List

Back