Trump: ‘Take the guns first, go through due process second’

Dont Taz Me Bro

Diamond Member
Staff member
Senior USMB Moderator
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 17, 2009
Las Vegas, Nevada
Conservatives have repeatedly spoken out against Red Flag laws which would allow guns to be confiscated from individuals deemed dangerous by the court. Hence, it's a mystery why Trump's supporters, most of whom are all Second Amendment fanatics continue to defend and support someone who wants to step on their Constitutional rights.

“I like taking the guns early, like in this crazy man’s case that just took place in Florida … to go to court would have taken a long time,” Trump said at a meeting with lawmakers on school safety and gun violence.

“Take the guns first, go through due process second,” Trump said.

Trump was responding to comments from Vice President Pence that families and local law enforcement should have more tools to report potentially dangerous individuals with weapons. {mosads}

“Allow due process so no one’s rights are trampled, but the ability to go to court, obtain an order and then collect not only the firearms but any weapons,” Pence said.

“Or, Mike, take the firearms first, and then go to court,” Trump responded.

Conservatives have repeatedly spoken out against Red Flag laws which would allow guns to be confiscated from individuals deemed dangerous by the court. Hence, it's a mystery why Trump's supporters, most of whom are all Second Amendment fanatics continue to defend and support someone who wants to step on their Constitutional rights.
My inner MAGA says, "Due process, screw it except to make cheap political points on social media."

Trump is wrong about that

‘“Take the guns first, go through due process second,” Trump said.’

Here Trump exhibits his ignorance of the topic – as usual.

Extreme risk protection orders are issued consistent with due process, as authorized by a magistrate.

Guns cannot be ‘taken first’ absent a court order pursuant to due process.

Trump is wrong about that
Right on cue as predicted...
Dont Taz Me Bro has become a MAGA?

This is news

has it ever crossed your TDS soaked brain that trump supporters understand trump has things they dont like but are willing to fight him on those things while supporting the things they do like??

I doubt anything has crossed your mind since you got the TDS,,

Do you understand the concept of "Due Process," not to mention the definition of the word "hypocrite?"
whos the hypocrite??

trump supporters are more than willing to fight him on this issue,,

you arent trying to say theres a perfect candidate out there that no one disagrees woith something they do are you??

Trump is smart enough to move ahead of the curve and that shows that something big is about to happen on the guns issue.

Hopefully it won't be more of the blaming of the innocent guns, but rather a move to keep guns out of the hands of good guys that show indications of becoming a mass shooter.

Those with a potential to become shooters are advertising their intentions clearly every day.

The authorities need to watch gun owners who prefer black military style weapons and their preference of human silouette targets.

And of course, those who threaten gun violence as we've witnessed on this board.

Do you understand the concept of "Due Process," not to mention the definition of the word "hypocrite?"
I'm not defending what Trump said, he often over-simplifies things. I am calling you out for using "Constitutional Rights" to bash Trump when the subject is nut cases with guns which is OBVIOUSLY NOT what the Second Amendment INTENDED.

Forum List

Back