Trump: ‘Take the guns first, go through due process second’

I will support Trump but not that policy on guns

Why not support a Republican candidate who you wouldn't have to fight about it with?
You otoh support the policy no matter where it comes from

You're free to quote me on that at any time, Binar.

Why not support a Republican candidate who you wouldn't have to fight about it with?

You're free to quote me on that at any time, Binar.
I am not a single issue voter

If your guy beats trump for the nomination I will support him

Are you a Never Trumper?

I certainly hope you won't be supporting someone who wants to take your guns.

Find me a perfect candidate, who agrees completely with me on every issue that I consider important, and who has a realistic chance of winning, and that's who will get my vote.

As it is, I have to pick the candidate that is most in line with my views, knowing that there will be some areas in which we will not agree.

Should I pick someone like Trump, or should I pick a corrupt, criminal asshole such as Biden or Clinton, that is much, much, much worse? Assuming that the Second Amendment was the only issue I cared about, would you try to argue that any candidate that the Democraps would offer would be more favorable to my view on that matter than Trump would be?

Conservatives have repeatedly spoken out against Red Flag laws which would allow guns to be confiscated from individuals deemed dangerous by the court. Hence, it's a mystery why Trump's supporters, most of whom are all Second Amendment fanatics continue to defend and support someone who wants to step on their Constitutional rights.

I supported him after voting for Ted Cruz in the primary in 2016. He was the only candidate at the time capable of beating hilary, since the other squish republicans running were incapable of dealing with the democrats.

I specifically voted for Trump because I know that republicans who nominate Supreme Court Justices have at best, a 50-50 chance to get a good Justice...the democrats get left wing, radical left Justices every single time. So Trump was my vote to keep hilary from appointing Supreme Court Justices......individuals who would sit on that court for decades.....

He was never a gun Rights individual, and we got lucky. He put 3 conservative Justices on the court, no doing of his own, he nominated 3 on a list given to him by actual conservative legal minds. What did he actually do? He stood by Kavanaugh in a way none of the other republican candidates would have stood up for him. Trump supported Kavanaugh and ignored all the lies about him, enabling him to be one of the Justices who voted for the Bruen decision.

Now, Trump is useless.....I am a Desantis voter, the only goal is keeping the democrats from having power.

Find me a perfect candidate, who agrees completely with me on every issue that I consider important, and who has a realistic chance of winning, and that's who will get my vote.

As it is, I have to pick the candidate that is most in line with my views, knowing that there will be some areas in which we will not agree.

Should I pick someone like Trump, or should I pick a corrupt, criminal asshole such as Biden or Clinton, that is much, much, much worse? Assuming that the Second Amendment was the only issue I cared about, would you try to argue that any candidate that the Democraps would offer would be more favorable to my view on that matter than Trump would be?
I've disagreed on a number of occasions with politicians who align most closely with my principles (Paul, Massie, Amash), and don't come around caterwauling about how big a bunch of assholes they are, like the thin-skinned hater OP does with the Orange Jesus.

‘“Take the guns first, go through due process second,” Trump said.’

Here Trump exhibits his ignorance of the topic – as usual.

Extreme risk protection orders are issued consistent with due process, as authorized by a magistrate.

Guns cannot be ‘taken first’ absent a court order pursuant to due process.

No, they are not. They strip people of their 2nd Amendment Rights without due process....then those targeted individuals have to spend their own money to beg the government to get their Right back.

I've disagreed on a number of occasions with politicians who align most closely with my principles (Paul, Massie, Amash), and don't come around caterwauling about how big a bunch of assholes they are, like the thin-skinned hater OP does with the Orange Jesus.
Three of the best right there.

Or the three best, for short.

The question is why anti 2nd Amendment liberals don't support Trump? Is it just spin or an outright lie?
Actually, it’s another example of the right’s hypocrisy – to continue to support Trump even though he advocates for ‘taking guns’ absent due process, conservatives who are supposed to be ‘defenders’ of the Second Amendment.

Extreme risk protection orders are issued consistent with due process, as authorized by a magistrate.

Guns cannot be ‘taken first’ absent a court order pursuant to due process.

There nothing ''Due Process'' at all about finding a judge to sign off on and placate some busybody's fears.

Forum List

Back