Trump supporters: What do you think of this information?

You want an answer? Okay, no, I don't think his behavior was immoral and I don't think he's immoral. Rather, it's not that I don't think either is immoral, it's just not the word I would use.
So you did flip-flop. Like I said.

Me: “Do you see anything immoral about a guy who was enjoying the violence that was happening and chose not to intervene in stopping it?”

You: “I suppose so.”

I’m not sure why you get so defensive about what’s clearly obvious. If you flip-flopped your position, just say so. For some reason, you would rather try to dance away from addressing it instead of just admitting it.

You lost track of your own argument.

You: You said "I’m not criticizing Trump for his failure to stop the riots. I’m criticizing him because he took no action (to stop the riot)..."

It's the same goddamn thing...

I just showed that they aren’t the same goddamn thing. A motive and an outcome are not the same thing. As you would put it, “Well, no shit”. Don’t call them the same goddamn thing when they clearly aren’t. Not sure why you needed me to explain the obvious for you.

I didn't say motive and outcome were the same thing you idiot. In either case Trump took no action to stop the riot. That's the same thing I'm talking about.

I don't know what you're referring to when you say "outcome" but to me the outcome was no action being taken to stop the riot and the riot and break-in taking place. If this is not what you're referring to then you have me at a complete loss again.

I think you remember parts of the story and you didn’t catch a certain detail to it.

If you think that would be considered a liar, that’s fine.

I remember all the parts that matter. Fact: There was a riot going on in Ferguson at the time of the press conference. Fact: All three Ferguson riots turned violent (1. - the one just after the shooting; 2. - the one after the news that they would not be charging Darren Wilson and; 3. - The one a year later on the anniversary.) Fact: A foreign reporter asked Obama what he would say to the rioters back home. His response: Keep doing what you're doing.

These are the pertinent facts and I remember it like it was yesterday.

So you did flip-flop. Like I said.

Me: “Do you see anything immoral about a guy who was enjoying the violence that was happening and chose not to intervene in stopping it?”

You: “I suppose so.”

I’m not sure why you get so defensive about what’s clearly obvious. If you flip-flopped your position, just say so. For some reason, you would rather try to dance away from addressing it instead of just admitting it.
Does "I suppose so" sound to you like I was certain about it?

I was not. That's why I said what I said. Besides, that was a response to a hypothetical question. As in: "Would you say that if a guy..."

Are we done now?

I didn't say motive and outcome were the same thing you idiot. In either case Trump took no action to stop the riot. That's the same thing I'm talking about.
You said that failure to stop the riots and taking no action are the same thing.

They‘re not the same thing. One is a criticizing him for an action and the other is criticizing him for his motive. Holy shit. How is this so complicated for you? Are you retarded? Can I make this any more clear for you?

I remember all the parts that matter. Fact: There was a riot going on in Ferguson at the time of the press conference. Fact: All three Ferguson riots turned violent (1. - the one just after the shooting; 2. - the one after the news that they would not be charging Darren Wilson and; 3. - The one a year later on the anniversary.) Fact: A foreign reporter asked Obama what he would say to the rioters back home. His response: Keep doing what you're doing.

These are the pertinent facts and I remember it like it was yesterday.
Neat. You still can’t back up this claim with a link and I’m pretty sure I said that I would need evidence to believe this.

Claiming that Obama expressed support for rioters is a pretty bold claim. If he had said that, I imagine the media (especially right-wing) media would be all over it. Yet you can’t find anything when you went looking for it. I couldn’t either. Seems to suggest that what you remember isn’t exactly accurate.

Last edited:
Does "I suppose so" sound to you like I was certain about it?
So you were uncertain when you agreed with it and then you flip-flopped on your position.

Sounds like you’re the one struggling with this, not me. No wonder you were so desperate to pivot the conversation away from Trump.

Yeah, you're more intelligent and informed and aware of what was actually going on than Trumps staff, lawyers, political allies, media allies, and family.

WOW.

You're very special. Trump loves you.

:spinner:

In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is,

hated and feared, and ridiculed by fools.

How else would you know what he says?
The words of notorious characters are documented in a broad range of reliable sources.

E.g.,

TRUMP KNOWS EVERYTHING:

The big picture: President Trump says he's an expert on a lot of things, including ISIS, taxes, technology, nuclear arms and even Sen. Cory Booker.

Screen Shot 2022-08-01 at 4.16.18 PM.png

Campaign finance: "I think nobody knows more about campaign finance than I do, because I'm the biggest contributor." (1999.)
  • TV ratings: "I know more about people who get ratings than anyone." (October 2012.)
  • ISIS: "I know more about ISIS than the generals do." (November 2015.)
  • Social media: "I understand social media. I understand the power of Twitter. I understand the power of Facebook maybe better than almost anybody, based on my results, right?" (November 2015.)
  • Courts: "I know more about courts than any human being on Earth." (November 2015.)
  • Lawsuits: "[W]ho knows more about lawsuits than I do? I'm the king." (January 2016.)
  • Politicians: "I understand politicians better than anybody."
  • The visa system: "[N]obody knows the system better than me. I know the H1B. I know the H2B. ... Nobody else on this dais knows how to change it like I do, believe me." (March 2016.)
  • Trade: "Nobody knows more about trade than me." (March 2016.)
  • The U.S. government system: "[N]obody knows the system better than I do." (April 2016.)
  • Renewable energy: "I know more about renewables than any human being on Earth." (April 2016.)
  • Taxes: "I think nobody knows more about taxes than I do, maybe in the history of the world." (May 2016.)
  • Debt: "I’m the king of debt. I’m great with debt. Nobody knows debt better than me." (June 2016.)
  • Money: "I understand money better than anybody." (June 2016.)
  • Infrastructure: "[L]ook, as a builder, nobody in the history of this country has ever known so much about infrastructure as Donald Trump." (July 2016.)
  • Sen. Cory Booker: "I know more about Cory than he knows about himself." (July 2016.)
  • Borders: Trump said in 2016 that Sheriff Joe Arpaio said he was endorsing him for president because "you know more about this stuff than anybody."
  • Democrats: "I think I know more about the other side than almost anybody." (November 2016.)
  • Construction: "[N]obody knows more about construction than I do." (May 2018.)
  • The economy: "I think I know about it better than [the Federal Reserve]." (October 2018.)
  • Technology: "Technology — nobody knows more about technology than me." (December 2018.)
  • Drones: "I know more about drones than anybody. I know about every form of safety that you can have." (January 2019.)
  • Drone technology: "Having a drone fly overhead — and I think nobody knows much more about technology, this type of technology certainly, than I do." (January 2019.)
“I deal with architects all the time. They have zero talent. I can draw better than they can. And you know, drawing is an important part of being an architect, in my opinion.”
[Everything Trump says he knows "more about than anybody"]

What is he talking about? He doesn’t really know himself—when Birnbach asks him why the corners of Mar-a-Lago’s pool and tennis courts are cut off, Trump says these are chaffered corners, going as far as spelling the word for her. Trump was wrong about this—it’s actually chamfered, Birnbach clarifies. But the real point is to laugh and fantasize with this silly guy who is pouring ungodly amounts of money into making his club (memberships started at $25,000 but by November 1996 had jumped to $75,000) as “gorgeous” and “perfect” as possible. “There’s never been anything like it. There never will. You could never do it again,” he explains.

E. Jean Carroll’s Stunning Accusation Forced Me to Remember Who Trump Used to Be

The words of notorious characters are documented in a broad range of reliable sources.

E.g.,

TRUMP KNOWS EVERYTHING:

The big picture: President Trump says he's an expert on a lot of things, including ISIS, taxes, technology, nuclear arms and even Sen. Cory Booker.

Campaign finance: "I think nobody knows more about campaign finance than I do, because I'm the biggest contributor." (1999.)
  • TV ratings: "I know more about people who get ratings than anyone." (October 2012.)
  • ISIS: "I know more about ISIS than the generals do." (November 2015.)
  • Social media: "I understand social media. I understand the power of Twitter. I understand the power of Facebook maybe better than almost anybody, based on my results, right?" (November 2015.)
  • Courts: "I know more about courts than any human being on Earth." (November 2015.)
  • Lawsuits: "[W]ho knows more about lawsuits than I do? I'm the king." (January 2016.)
  • Politicians: "I understand politicians better than anybody."
  • The visa system: "[N]obody knows the system better than me. I know the H1B. I know the H2B. ... Nobody else on this dais knows how to change it like I do, believe me." (March 2016.)
  • Trade: "Nobody knows more about trade than me." (March 2016.)
  • The U.S. government system: "[N]obody knows the system better than I do." (April 2016.)
  • Renewable energy: "I know more about renewables than any human being on Earth." (April 2016.)
  • Taxes: "I think nobody knows more about taxes than I do, maybe in the history of the world." (May 2016.)
  • Debt: "I’m the king of debt. I’m great with debt. Nobody knows debt better than me." (June 2016.)
  • Money: "I understand money better than anybody." (June 2016.)
  • Infrastructure: "[L]ook, as a builder, nobody in the history of this country has ever known so much about infrastructure as Donald Trump." (July 2016.)
  • Sen. Cory Booker: "I know more about Cory than he knows about himself." (July 2016.)
  • Borders: Trump said in 2016 that Sheriff Joe Arpaio said he was endorsing him for president because "you know more about this stuff than anybody."
  • Democrats: "I think I know more about the other side than almost anybody." (November 2016.)
  • Construction: "[N]obody knows more about construction than I do." (May 2018.)
  • The economy: "I think I know about it better than [the Federal Reserve]." (October 2018.)
  • Technology: "Technology — nobody knows more about technology than me." (December 2018.)
  • Drones: "I know more about drones than anybody. I know about every form of safety that you can have." (January 2019.)
  • Drone technology: "Having a drone fly overhead — and I think nobody knows much more about technology, this type of technology certainly, than I do." (January 2019.)
“I deal with architects all the time. They have zero talent. I can draw better than they can. And you know, drawing is an important part of being an architect, in my opinion.”
[Everything Trump says he knows "more about than anybody"]

What is he talking about? He doesn’t really know himself—when Birnbach asks him why the corners of Mar-a-Lago’s pool and tennis courts are cut off, Trump says these are chaffered corners, going as far as spelling the word for her. Trump was wrong about this—it’s actually chamfered, Birnbach clarifies. But the real point is to laugh and fantasize with this silly guy who is pouring ungodly amounts of money into making his club (memberships started at $25,000 but by November 1996 had jumped to $75,000) as “gorgeous” and “perfect” as possible. “There’s never been anything like it. There never will. You could never do it again,” he explains.

E. Jean Carroll’s Stunning Accusation Forced Me to Remember Who Trump Used to Be
Here's a Demofk TDSing hugely.

Neat. You still can’t back up this claim with a link and I’m pretty sure I said that I would need evidence to believe this.

Claiming that Obama expressed support for rioters is a pretty bold claim. If he had said that, I imagine the media (especially right-wing) media would be all over it. Yet you can’t find anything when you went looking for it. I couldn’t either. Seems to suggest that what you remember isn’t exactly accurate.

No, I did NOT say Obama expressed support for rioters. I already explained this to you when I mentioned it the first time. I said the reporter asked the question because the riots had turned violent but that Obama answered it as if she had asked about the demonstrations and protests. In other words, Obama was telling protesters, in so many words, to keep exercising their 1st Amendment rights. I did not say that he was telling rioters to keep looting, burning and vandalizing.

It angered me because he avoided answering the question in the context in which it was asked - the context of the violence - and avoided the issue of the violence altogether, which everyone knew was going on and getting out of hand.

Understand?

Next!

After 3 hours of violence Trump told the mob to remain peaceful.. he told them that he loved them and they were special.
Thank you Pelosi and Bowser for not calling for the National Guard which would have quelled the violence before it began.

Forum List

Back