Trump sues over Jan 6 documents

By the way, I think you left wingers that won't get off this Jan 6th shit are just as bad as the right wingers that still can't let the election go. Move on. Jesus fucking Christ. You're embarrassing yourselves, seriously.

a bloody attempted coup cannot be disregarded as anything less than the fact it was exactly that; & those who are responsible - from the incitement of that act, to the physical act of storming the capital & assaulting police officers need to be held accountable.

You're insane if you think we came close to losing our democracy. Tune into reality dude, seriously. There's shit that matters to talk about.

it doesn't matter how close we got - the fact that it was tried, is what matters.

duh............ i thought i COULD rob that bank & i TRIED to rob that bank.... but since it didn't happen.............

duh............................

never mind?

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

it doesn't matter how close we got - the fact that it was tried, is what matters.

duh............ i thought i COULD rob that bank & i TRIED to rob that bank.... but since it didn't happen.............

duh............................

never mind?

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Your stupidity is hurting the left. You're a net loss to left wing efforts. That's why people like you irk me far more than right wingers ever could.

The government would have murdered that entire mob if it had actually thought itself threatened.

the 'gov'ment' ie donny & chris miller let it slide for hours & the NG was put on fucking traffic control & orders to go in wasn't allowed by the highest on the food chain for hours. congress was being hunted down & donny watched it all unfold on TV.

the 'gov'ment' ie donny & chris miller let it slide for hours & the NG was put on fucking traffic control & orders to go in wasn't allowed by the highest on the food chain for hours. congress was being hunted down & donny watched it all unfold on TV.
Look, I know how much you wanted to see the national guard gun down a bunch of white Trump supporters, but it didn't happen because they weren't a true threat. Get over it.

There has to be evidence there of Trump's nefarious culpability in the insurrection, or why would he want to suppress it???

Common sense, eh.
Duplicate thread

Look, I know how much you wanted to see the national guard gun down a bunch of white Trump supporters, but it didn't happen because they weren't a true threat. Get over it.

& now for the facts.

10 U.S. Code § 12406 - National Guard in Federal service: call

Whenever—
(1)
the United States, or any of the Commonwealths or possessions, is invaded or is in danger of invasion by a foreign nation;
(2)
there is a rebellion or danger of a rebellion against the authority of the Government of the United States; or
(3)
the President is unable with the regular forces to execute the laws of the United States;
the President may call into Federal service members and units of the National Guard of any State in such numbers as he considers necessary to repel the invasion, suppress the rebellion, or execute those laws. Orders for these purposes shall be issued through the governors of the States or, in the case of the District of Columbia, through the commanding general of the National Guard of the District of Columbia.
10 U.S. Code § 12406 - National Guard in Federal service: call

General: Pentagon hesitated on sending Guard to Capitol riot

By ERIC TUCKER and MARY CLARE JALONICKMarch 3, 2021

WASHINGTON (AP) — Defense Department leaders placed unusual restrictions on the National Guard for the day of the Capitol riot and delayed sending help for hours despite an urgent plea from police for reinforcement, according to testimony Wednesday that added to the finger-pointing about the government response.

Maj. Gen. William Walker, commanding general of the District of Columbia National Guard, told senators that the then-chief of the Capitol Police requested military support in a “voice cracking with emotion” in a 1:49 p.m. call as rioters began pushing toward the Capitol...
General: Pentagon hesitated on sending Guard to Capitol riot

DC Guard chief details Pentagon delays during Jan. 6 riot at Capitol​

Walker calls restrictions on his ability to deploy his force ‘unusual’​

Scores of District of Columbia National Guardsmen loaded on buses at the Washington Armory and were ready to deploy as pro-Trump rioters breached the Capitol on Jan. 6, but minutes turned into hours as they awaited permission from the Pentagon to move out.

Maj. Gen. William J. Walker, the commander of the D.C. National Guard, told lawmakers Wednesday that written instructions issued ahead of the insurrection from then-acting Defense Secretary Christopher Miller and then-Army Secretary Ryan McCarthy limited his ability to deploy his troops where, as a commander, he felt they were needed.

On Jan. 6, Walker and top officials from the U.S. Capitol Police and Metropolitan Police Department pleaded for permission to send the National Guard to help secure the Capitol during a phone call around 2:22 p.m. with defense officials. But Walker said he didn’t receive the go-ahead to send his troops to the Capitol until just after 5 p.m.

Because the District of Columbia is not a state and thus does not have a governor, the president is the commander in chief of the D.C. National Guard. The chain of command runs down to the Defense secretary and the Army secretary.

‘Unusual’ restrictions​

McCarthy’s written instructions from Jan. 5 required Walker to seek specific permission to deploy a 40-member quick reaction team. McCarthy also required Walker to send him a “concept of operation” before that team could be used.

“Based on the Defense Department’s public timeline, once requested, it took the National Guard over three hours to arrive at the Capitol. Now remember, we were all watching this on CNN, and Fox and MSNBC, and it’s a riot,” the Ohio Republican said. “We need to know why the Pentagon took so long to deploy the National Guard.”
DC Guard chief details Pentagon delays during Jan. 6 riot at Capitol

why did donny get rid of mark esper & installed an 'acting' secretary of defense, chris miller just a few days after the election when he was going to leave office? why did chris miller put out this memo on january 4th re: the NG?

EtEfZKiWMAAlJMj.jpg

enquiring minds .... like critical thinking bipeds want to know.

that leaves you o-u-t.

No legal standing? Ever read the Constitution?

have you? donny is the former guy & cannot exercise an executive order especially if it's to cover up a crime.

like i said - he has no legal standing.

too bad - so sad - for you.

have you? donny is the former guy & cannot exercise an executive order especially if it's to cover up a crime.

like i said - he has no legal standing.

too bad - so sad - for you.
What “crime”?

Shouldn’t the FBI investigate and press charges if he committed some crime, if executive privilege doesn’t apply?

What “crime”?

Shouldn’t the FBI investigate and press charges if he committed some crime, if executive privilege doesn’t apply?

there are all kindsa investigations goin' on. it's just getting started.

lol .... guess you didn't get the memo.

spinning-top.gif

The real issue is whether one president has the authority to shatter the Executive privilege of another. Traditionally that has never been done before and it is an issue that has not been clearly defined in law other than during Watergate when the Supreme Court recognized that Executive Priviledge does exist at law without actually setting forth any parameters for it.
The only President who HAS Executive Privilege is the sitting President. And that exists because it allows his private decisions to stay private so that future decisions aren’t compromised.

Trump has no future Executive decisions to make

No Executive Privilege unless granted by Biden.

Good luck with that

The only President who HAS Executive Privilege is the sitting President. And that exists because it allows his private decisions to stay private so that future decisions aren’t compromised.

Trump has no future Executive decisions to make

No Executive Privilege unless granted by Biden.

Good luck with that

No, executive priviledge always applies to the past, not the future. He very well may win on this issue, though Biden will just "leak" documents anyway to the NYT's.

No, executive priviledge always applies to the past, not the future. He very well may win on this issue, though Biden will just "leak" documents anyway to the NYT's.
It applies to past decisions to protect FUTURE AND ONGOING ones

Fail

Forum List

Back