Trump Suddenly Loves 'Sleazy' FBI Agents, Insists He Always 'Has Their Backs'

Trump was trying to assert Executive Privilege. The Archivist was trying to resolve that issue
Trump was asserting the exact same privilege that EVERY President has been accorded since Executive Privilege was put into place! The Archivist went to the White House to strip that privilege from a former President...something that had NEVER been done before! Joe Biden agreed to do that...again...something that had NEVER been done before! Barack Obama is still going through Presidential documents six years after he left office and the National Archive hasn't raided his home! Bill Clinton sent Sandy Berger to STEAL classified materials! Nobody raided his home! Clinton kept tapes in a sock drawer that the National Archive was asking for! Nobody raided his home!

The Biden DOJ raided the home of an Ex President and presumptive challenger in the next election...something nobody would have even CONSIDERED before now and they did so with a general warrant that they got from a Magistrate not even a full fledged Federal judge! There is a palpable STENCH coming from all of this and it's all going to come out if the GOP takes back control of the House in November!

Trump was asserting the exact same privilege that EVERY President has been accorded since Executive Privilege was put into place! The Archivist went to the White House to strip that privilege from a former President...something that had NEVER been done before! Joe Biden agreed to do that...again...something that had NEVER been done before! Barack Obama is still going through Presidential documents six years after he left office and the National Archive hasn't raided his home! Bill Clinton sent Sandy Berger to STEAL classified materials! Nobody raided his home! Clinton kept tapes in a sock drawer that the National Archive was asking for! Nobody raided his home!

The Biden DOJ raided the home of an Ex President and presumptive challenger in the next election...something nobody would have even CONSIDERED before now and they did so with a general warrant that they got from a Magistrate not even a full fledged Federal judge! There is a palpable STENCH coming from all of this and it's all going to come out if the GOP takes back control of the House in November!
Never been done before?

You’ve heard of Nixon right?

IOW, those he appointed are doing their jobs, not being lap dogs like other presidents' appointees. Guess he really DOES want the job done instead of a lap dog. This flies counter to everything the haters have been screeching about for 6 years.

The complaints are his failures are the fault of his advisors.

I'm a history major, Lesh. I've heard of ALL the US Presidents! Did you want to claim that Jimmy Carter had his Executive Privilege taken away by Ronald Reagan? I must have missed that as well!!
Nope. Are you claiming that Nixon didn’t have his executive privilege taken away Mr. History Major?

Nope. Are you claiming that Nixon didn’t have his executive privilege taken away Mr. History Major?
Of course I am! There is a huge difference between the Supreme Court ruling that Executive Privilege can't hide evidence in a criminal trial and the actual revoking of Executive Privilege! There was a 30 year battle between the Nixon estate and Congress over the release of Presidential papers...a battle that was ultimately won by the Nixon estate.
Do you really want to debate this subject with me, Lesh?

Of course I am! There is a huge difference between the Supreme Court ruling that Executive Privilege can't hide evidence in a criminal trial and the actual revoking of Executive Privilege! There was a 30 year battle between the Nixon estate and Congress over the release of Presidential papers...a battle that was ultimately won by the Nixon estate.
Do you really want to debate this subject with me, Lesh?
There was no criminal trial with Nixon.

I thought you were a “ history major”

He claims agents are “furious at FBI leadership” for the “political weaponization against a president (me).”

Former President Donald Trump has pulled a dramatic about-face to hail “great” FBI agents in the wake of the search of his Mar-a-Lago home — and boasts that he has “always had their backs.”

He also claimed in a Truth Social post on Saturday that FBI agents “like,” even “love” him “a lot.”

Trump attacked the FBI as seditious, abusive, criminal and “sleazy” after agents hauled out about 20 boxes of White House material from his Florida home, including 11 sets of classified information. The Presidential Records Act states those records should have been turned over to the National Archives when Trump’s term ended.

In days that followed the search, Trump baselessly called it a “sneak attack” and a “raid,” a “siege,” and “corrupt.” He also claimed FBI agents “planted” evidence in his home.

Now, Trump claims agents are “furious at FBI leadership” for the “political weaponization against a president (me).”

Trump Suddenly Loves FBI Agents, Always ‘Has Their Back’

Trump has thrown everything but the kitchen sink at the FBI - hoping something will stick. Now he loves them. What do you think?

Democrats have the presidency and both Houses and you're still crying Trump, Trump, Trump!

The TDS is just massive, get help. Seriously ...

The FBI has long been a corrupt entity. its job is protecting the wealthy establishment.

The raid on a former president of the opposing party of the current president is seen as a political operation, not a legal one.

We live in a failed state.

Democrats just mindlessly flip and flop between loving and hating the police without ever acknowledging it or grasping why a critical mind can't take them seriously

Democrats just mindlessly flip and flop between loving and hating the police without ever acknowledging it or grasping why a critical mind can't take them seriously
I would say that Republicans are far more transactional in that regard.

If they’re doing things Republicans like… they love them.

Otherwise not so much

I would say that Republicans are far more transactional in that regard.

If they’re doing things Republicans like… they love them.

Otherwise not so much
Yet another thing you two are so much alike.

There was no criminal trial with Nixon.

I thought you were a “ history major”
It was a little thing called "Watergate", Lesh! Quite a few people went to prison because of it. Did you sleep through that?
I'm curious...why do you think Nixon resigned?

It was a little thing called "Watergate", Lesh! Quite a few people went to prison because of it. Did you sleep through that?
I'm curious...why do you think Nixon resigned?
There was no litigation regarding Watergate and Nixon and in 1978 when this issue came up ...Watergate was in the rear view mirror.

History major your ass

There was no litigation regarding Watergate and Nixon and in 1978 when this issue came up ...Watergate was in the rear view mirror.

History major your ass
Did you really just claim there was no litigation regarding Watergate and Nixon? Wow! That might be the dumbest thing anyone will say on this board all year, Lesh!

Did you really just claim there was no litigation regarding Watergate and Nixon? Wow! That might be the dumbest thing anyone will say on this board all year, Lesh!
Are you really claiming that Nixon didn't get ruled that his executive privilege was non-existent
?

There were a total of 48 people put in prison because of Watergate and if Gerald Ford hadn't granted Nixon a pardon he could have very well have been number 49!

Are you really claiming that Nixon didn't get ruled that his executive privilege was non-existent
?
Nixon claimed Executive Privilege to keep his White House tapes from being seen by Congressional investigators. The Supreme Court ruled that EP could not be used to keep evidence from being seen in a criminal trial. For some reason you think THAT rather specific ruling meant that Nixon no longer had Executive Privilege! He did.

Forum List

Back