NYPD: On 2nd Thought Get Those Concealed Carry Permits We’ve Been Denying

Weatherman2020

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2013
Right coast, classified

Oh looky there. Self protection, what a novel concept.​

NYPD Announces Emergency Rule, Effective Immediately, For Receiving A Concealed Carry Handgun License​

August 19, 2022 — Emergency rule that provides guidance to gun licenses applicants

Please see the attached emergency rule that provides guidance to gun licenses applicants in light of the Supreme Court decision in N.Y. State Rifle & Pistol Ass’n v. Bruen, 142 S. Ct. 2111 (2022) and recent statewide legislation governing gun licensing.

This rule creates guidance for people who have pending applications on the effective date of the State law or who applied and were rejected for a concealed carry permit prior the Supreme Court decision in Bruen. The rule gives people whose applications were rejected or downgraded to another category of license based solely on a determination that the applicant lacked “proper cause” in the previous three years 60 days to reopen their application with no new fee charged.

Emergency rule that provides guidance to gun licenses applicants

LOL.....Must be looking for a more "polite" NY. ;)
I think the straw that broke the camel's back was that
unbelievable video footage of some Street Thug coming up
from behind a man and coldcocking.I mean,almost assurdely as
hard as possible.The near tragic attack happened at dusk { around 10:45 pm }
On East 188th Street in the Bronx.The victim was a 52 yr.old male
who is fighting for his life after being knocked unconscious.
Suffered a skull fracture,broken cheekbone,and brain bleeding.
The attack was captured on Video and the assailant eventually
rounded-up.The attacker was given the let-go UNTIL such a
public outcry made it almost impossible for it Not to treated
Very seriously.I noticed that much of the MSM barely covered it.
In the hours and days afterward most MSM failed to show interest.
Starting in summer of 2013 and the same crap.Where Black Teens
were playing a Game by sucker punching citizens.
Usually in parking lots as people were leaving a venue.
The Game had a name.
Either was Deemed Knockout game or Polar bear Hunting

Oh looky there. Self protection, what a novel concept.​

NYPD Announces Emergency Rule, Effective Immediately, For Receiving A Concealed Carry Handgun License​

August 19, 2022 — Emergency rule that provides guidance to gun licenses applicants

Please see the attached emergency rule that provides guidance to gun licenses applicants in light of the Supreme Court decision in N.Y. State Rifle & Pistol Ass’n v. Bruen, 142 S. Ct. 2111 (2022) and recent statewide legislation governing gun licensing.

This rule creates guidance for people who have pending applications on the effective date of the State law or who applied and were rejected for a concealed carry permit prior the Supreme Court decision in Bruen. The rule gives people whose applications were rejected or downgraded to another category of license based solely on a determination that the applicant lacked “proper cause” in the previous three years 60 days to reopen their application with no new fee charged.

Emergency rule that provides guidance to gun licenses applicants

The NYPD is spread pretty thin these days. They were hoping to hire 1,009 no officers this year but only ended up with 675. Even out here in the rural area, our county Sheriff's think concealed carry is a good thing. They have a lot of ground to cover, and can't be everywhere, according to what my Sheriff told me.

The NYPD is spread pretty thin these days. They were hoping to hire 1,009 no officers this year but only ended up with 675. Even out here in the rural area, our county Sheriff's think concealed carry is a good thing. They have a lot of ground to cover, and can't be everywhere, according to what my Sheriff told me.

Years ago when I was considering getting my CCW, our dart team at the bar was playing against the Cleveland police. It gave me an opportunity to speak with officers on their feelings about it. Most approved of it. They told me the old timers don't want people carrying guns, but the younger and middle-aged officers think it's not a bad idea.

One officer told me in most cases by the time they get to a scene, the criminal is long gone and the victim suffers serious injury or death. He said it would be great if he got a call for a self-defense shooting and all he had to do was the paperwork.

Years ago when I was considering getting my CCW, our dart team at the bar was playing against the Cleveland police. It gave me an opportunity to speak with officers on their feelings about it. Most approved of it. They told me the old timers don't want people carrying guns, but the younger and middle-aged officers think it's not a bad idea.

One officer told me in most cases by the time they get to a scene, the criminal is long gone and the victim suffers serious injury or death. He said it would be great if he got a call for a self-defense shooting and all he had to do was the paperwork.
In California it was a two year wait for a CCW so I never bothered. First year in Virginia I turned in my application just before Christmas and had my permit in my hand before New Years.

In California it was a two year wait for a CCW so I never bothered. First year in Virginia I turned in my application just before Christmas and had my permit in my hand before New Years.

John Stossel had the same experience in NYC. They took down the story for some reason or I'd post it.

We see what's happening in places like Chicago and NY. What do these people expect when they tell criminals they won't allow citizens to defend themselves?

We hosted the Republican national convention when Trump won. We were told by people all across the country it would be a blood bath here. In the end, 3 arrests, and one of them had nothing to do with the convention at all.

The troublemakers in commie cities and states decided to sit that one out. Here, if you try to break into my car, it's no different than trying to break into my house. I have every legal right to put a couple of bullets in your skull and I won't even get a ticket. I'm allowed to have my loaded gun on my passenger seat if I want to save time. We even passed our Stand Your Ground law last year. Troublemakers don't go to places they have no advantage, and may even be at a loss.

While those commie cities are seeing huge spikes in violent crime because people can't legally defend themselves, ours went down so far this year.

John Stossel had the same experience in NYC. They took down the story for some reason or I'd post it.

We see what's happening in places like Chicago and NY. What do these people expect when they tell criminals they won't allow citizens to defend themselves?

We hosted the Republican national convention when Trump won. We were told by people all across the country it would be a blood bath here. In the end, 3 arrests, and one of them had nothing to do with the convention at all.

The troublemakers in commie cities and states decided to sit that one out. Here, if you try to break into my car, it's no different than trying to break into my house. I have every legal right to put a couple of bullets in your skull and I won't even get a ticket. I'm allowed to have my loaded gun on my passenger seat if I want to save time. We even passed our Stand Your Ground law last year. Troublemakers don't go to places they have no advantage, and may even be at a loss.

While those commie cities are seeing huge spikes in violent crime because people can't legally defend themselves, ours went down so far this year.

Yep. I just learned that at Liberty University, the nations largest Christian University, 70% of the students have a permit to carry on campus.

Only a suicidal fool would think of targeting that campus.

Forum List

Back