Trump still wants to repeal the Affordable Care Act (Obamacare)

The new spending under the ACA ended up costing half of what was expected and it ended up achieving cost savings that have been (to date) trillions of dollars more than anticipated. There's plenty of room within the original financial envelope to beef up its financial assistance, which Biden has already done on the premium side to great effect.
It might have cost less but not for the reason you suggest. It was a shitty plan and few Americans were able to be covered on ACA.

They are said to control congress but you may know that the Congress also has particular rules in play.
What a horse shit excuse.

Why rule is preventing them from funding the border?

Congress isn't going to repeal ACA, regardless of who is in charge. The Rs are as in love with power as the Ds. Congress won't relinquish their power over health care voluntarily.

Last edited:
Congress isn't going to repeal ACA, regardless of who is in charge. The Rs are as in love with power as the Ds. Congress won't relinquish their power over health care voluntarily.
The ACA only impacts 18.7 percent of our people.

As of early 2023, the report finds that more than 40 million Americans have coverage under the ACA, the highest total on record.

Health Coverage Under the Affordable Care Act: Current Enrollment Trends and State Estimates
That is under review.
How many Americans are covered by the ACA?

40 million Americans

As of early 2023, the report finds that more than 40 million Americans have coverage under the ACA, the highest total on record. *This content is in the process of Section 508 review. If you need immediate assistance accessing this content, please submit a request to Rose Chu, [email protected] .Mar 23, 2023

That is under review.

40 million Americans

As of early 2023, the report finds that more than 40 million Americans have coverage under the ACA, the highest total on record. *This content is in the process of Section 508 review. If you need immediate assistance accessing this content, please submit a request to Rose Chu, [email protected] .Mar 23, 2023
Maybe you were unaware but ACA coverage is for those who wouldn’t otherwise have it.

You keep saying that only those 40 million are eligible.

That’s bullshit. No one is ineligible

Maybe you were unaware but ACA coverage is for those who wouldn’t otherwise have it.

You keep saying that only those 40 million are eligible.

That’s bullshit. No one is ineligible
So you are covered by ACA???

I’m on Medicare. Why? Did you not understand what I previously posted gramps?
So you have nothing to gain by making claims about the ACA? I am on medicare as well as Idaho care. I sure am Gramps. So you are quite young then??

So you have nothing to gain by making claims about the ACA? I am on medicare as well as Idaho care. I sure am Gramps. So you are quite young then??
WTF do you think you’re talking about?

ACA is for those who can’t otherwise GET coverage.

Moron

What does that even mean?? And what does it have to do with my post??

ACA impacts the entire health insurance industry, and everyone who's been herded into their pens.

It might have cost less but not for the reason you suggest. It was a shitty plan and few Americans were able to be covered on ACA.

It cost less for numerous reasons, including the CBO overestimating both premiums and the rise in per capita health care costs after the ACA passed. All health care costs less today than anyone in 2010 expected it would.

You don't have to be enrolled in coverage created by the ACA to benefit from it (though obviously that coverage was a game-changer for tens of millions of people). Everybody benefits from the slower health care cost growth after the ACA passed, or better care delivery, or a more sustainable federal budget.

That is under review.

40 million Americans

"Section 508 review" refers to federal accessibility requirements, i.e., whether the file is formatted so that vision-impaired people can access it. Doesn't have anything to do with reviewing the content.

Forum List

Back