Trump signs bills banning drug pricing 'gag clauses'

The Purge

Platinum Member
Aug 16, 2018
This from our uncaring president?!....He ALWAYS THINKS of what is best for Americans!

Read more at
The Hill ^

President Trump on Wednesday signed two bills banning "gag clauses" that keep patients in the dark about how to save money on prescription drugs.

The clauses are sometimes included in the contracts insurers have with pharmacies — preventing pharmacies from telling customers they can save money on a drug if they pay with cash instead of using their health insurance.

"This is very strong legislation to end these unjust gag clauses once and for all," Trump said during a signing ceremony at the White House.

"All our citizens deserve to know the lowest price available at our pharmacies, and now that's what they'll be getting."

Trump thanked the sponsors of the bills who attended the ceremony, including Sen. Susan Collins (R-Maine), Bill Cassidy (R-La.), Lamar Alexander (R-Tenn.), Debbie Stabenow (D-Mich.), and Rep. Buddy Carter (R-Ga.)

He also indicated he thinks Republicans might be able to work with Democrats on more drug pricing reform in the future.

"I really do believe Democrats want to do that, too," Trump said.

"If there's anything bipartisan, it's lowering drug prices."

Health and Human Services Secretary Alex Azar said there will be regulatory action in the weeks and months ahead focused on bringing down drug prices, a key Trump campaign promise.

The ball washing bastards at all the doctors around here are screwing everyone. When I didn't have insurance I went to the doctor and paid 50 dollars for the visit. Now that I have ins, the same visit was billed at almost 150.00. So I just tell them I don't have ins anymore.

We should really be able to buy medication from other countries where it is much, much cheaper.

I don't take any medications but millions do and this would be a real big help for them.

Hope we see that some time soon.

Forum List

Back