Trump sets a "pattern of behavior" with his pardon....

The WH lamely tried to "bury" the pardon, hoping that hurricane Harvey and the usual Friday night dump would cause less ofa reaction....In that respect, that strategy failed.

The question is a simple one: Will the Mueller investigation use this "pattern of behavior" by Trump to support their contention that Trump subverts the course of law and justice.....Yes or No?

In law, its called a pattern of behavior or a pattern of conduct when someone establishes a recurring event that distinguishes it from an "isolated instance"....

Of course we are here talking about Trump's recent pardon of the sheriff which resembles what Trump tried to accomplish through Comey regarding Mike Flynn.

The rule of law is a foreign concept for Trump......In his business dealings, Trump was used to simply issue a mandate (remember in his businesses he never had a board to curb his actions) and folks either fell in line of were fired..............Unfortunately for Trump, government does NOT work that way.

Rest assured that Trump's recent pardon will not go unnoticed by Mueller's investigators in advising the current grand juries that this guy has established a pattern of behavior that places him above the rule of law.....or, at least, a pattern that he thinks is acceptable.....It is not.

The issue is NOT whether Trump has the authority to grant pardons; the issue is whether a president can circumvent the legal procedures just because he wants to avoid an investigation of his own misdeeds,as he tried to do by getting Flynn "off the hook."
---------------------------------------------------------------- here you go , a little info for you Nat . --- Blog: Arpaio Pardoned, RINOs melt down ---

This acting like no other president has ever pardoned anyone is just beyond the pale.

The O/P went right over your half brain....Too early to be so Tipsy....
Didn't you say you are black? We know you are a liberal. Not to be taken seriously.

Joe did his job for 25 years. That's why he was pardoned. He was railroaded by an anti white justice department and convicted by a rubber stamp judge.

Even with the entire anti American justice department trying out persecution, Joe was convicted of a misdemeanor with a maximum sentence of six months. But liberals want punishment for 25 years of doing his job.

Gads, liberals should all be buried alive in a mass grave.

The WH lamely tried to "bury" the pardon, hoping that hurricane Harvey and the usual Friday night dump would cause less ofa reaction....In that respect, that strategy failed.

The question is a simple one: Will the Mueller investigation use this "pattern of behavior" by Trump to support their contention that Trump subverts the course of law and justice.....Yes or No?

No. The Mueller investigation will ultimately fizzle.

And likely grab a couple more states. In retrospect she has been shown to be even more a lunatic than was previously suspected, and his accomplishments already overshadow his seat-warming predecessor.

Very good, billy..........
If a thread is injurious to your orange clown, QUICKLY divert it to your usual, "I hate Hillary"

Predictably, outrage swiftly followed the pardon. Pointing both to the crime for which Arpaio was convicted and the fact that Trump did not make use of the Justice Department’s normal machinery for considering pardons, many have insisted that the president’s action flouts the rule of law. Some have even argued that it’s outright unconstitutional.

But that’s the wrong way to criticize the Arpaio pardon. The Constitution grants the president the “Power to grant Reprieves and Pardons for Offences against the United States, except in Cases of Impeachment.” The power is broad and (except for the impeachment carve-out) unqualified.

So how should we talk about the Arpaio pardon? Substantively. More specifically, we should talk about why, of all the people with criminal records in this country, Trump chose to make Arpaio his first pardonee.

As sheriff, Arpaio was known for a hostility toward undocumented immigrants that was functionally indistinguishable from hostility toward Latinos. He conducted sweeps of Latino neighborhoods and stops of Latino drivers in attempts to find undocumented immigrants. He held inmates in brutal and degrading conditions. He installed publicly accessible webcams so that the public could gawk at inmates, and one of those cameras showed female prisoners using the toilet. And he was a leading proponent of the racist lie that President Barack Obama was not a natural-born American citizen.

Arpaio’s entire claim to national recognition was based on his being a xenophobe, a racist and an officer of the machinery of government who relished wielding that machinery to degrade some of the most powerless members of our society.

fourthamendment.jpg

The White House statement announcing the pardon claimed that, “Throughout his time as Sheriff, Arpaio continued his life’s work of protecting the public from the scourges of crime and illegal immigration.” In a tweet, Trump called Arpaio an “American patriot” and wrote, “He kept Arizona safe!”

:rolleyes: spoken like a POTUS who doesn't understand our 4th amendment ^

“By pardoning Arpaio, Trump would allow systemic discrimination against Latinos to go unpunished,” said a senior US researcher at Human Rights Watch. “A pardon would tell police in the US that they can mistreat minority groups without penalty by openly supporting the president.”

US: Trump Should Reject Arpaio Pardon

In other words, Trump pardoned Arpaio because of his actions as sheriff, actions that are consistent with the platform on which Trump campaigned and has attempted to govern. Those actions were appalling — and not only is Arpaio unremorseful, but Trump has actually held him up as a model to be emulated.

Let’s focus on that.

Perspective | The problem with Joe Arpaio’s pardon isn’t the process. The problem is Joe Arpaio.

Define "the people" as in "the right of the people".

This acting like no other president has ever pardoned anyone is just beyond the pale.

oh you REALLY cared about the constitution before you just didn't give a shit about the constitution? :itsok:

“If we violate the law by doing what they ask us to do, we’re subjecting ourselves, no question, to civil liability and civil rights violations,” sheriff Bob Gualtieri of Pinellas County, Florida

niemc3b6ller.jpg

And likely grab a couple more states. In retrospect she has been shown to be even more a lunatic than was previously suspected, and his accomplishments already overshadow his seat-warming predecessor.

Very good, billy..........
If a thread is injurious to your orange clown, QUICKLY divert it to your usual, "I hate Hillary"

I don't hate Hillary.

I hate the totalitarian nonsense she and her Democrat supporters are trying to foist upon a nation which they by conscious act have rendered half-ignorant.

It is, however, about what Hillary represents. Ergo, she remains a facet of the overall discussion.

You cannot hide her

NO, NO.....by all means keep up your "I hate Hillary" diatribe........

Use it regarding the repeal and replace fiasco
Use it regarding the non-existent taxation reform bill
Use it regarding the non-existent infrastructure bill
Use it regarding the Wall and Mexico's check that is in the mail
Use it regarding the collusion by Trump's family with Russian oligarchs...

Obviously, THAT is your best plan to defend the orange clown........Go for it..

Even with the entire anti American justice department trying out persecution, Joe was convicted of a misdemeanor with a maximum sentence of six months. But liberals want punishment for 25 years of doing his job.

"Good racists" ALSO do their racist jobs well.....

But, you idiot, this thread is NOT about Arpaio.....Have someone else explain it to you and go back to bed.

In law, its called a pattern of behavior or a pattern of conduct when someone establishes a recurring event that distinguishes it from an "isolated instance"....

Of course we are here talking about Trump's recent pardon of the sheriff which resembles what Trump tried to accomplish through Comey regarding Mike Flynn.

The rule of law is a foreign concept for Trump......In his business dealings, Trump was used to simply issue a mandate (remember in his businesses he never had a board to curb his actions) and folks either fell in line of were fired..............Unfortunately for Trump, government does NOT work that way.

Rest assured that Trump's recent pardon will not go unnoticed by Mueller's investigators in advising the current grand juries that this guy has established a pattern of behavior that places him above the rule of law.....or, at least, a pattern that he thinks is acceptable.....It is not.

The issue is NOT whether Trump has the authority to grant pardons; the issue is whether a president can circumvent the legal procedures just because he wants to avoid an investigation of his own misdeeds,as he tried to do by getting Flynn "off the hook."

It's the pattern of Making America Great Again.

Get used to it, nut.

It is, however, about what Hillary represents. Ergo, she remains a facet of the overall discussion.

You cannot hide her

Poor nat. All flustered.

I don't hate Hillary.

I hate the totalitarian nonsense

Well, I agree that under Obama and Clinton you were forced to write your crap from some re-education camp where their "totalitarian nonsense" placed you for 8 years.

You cannot hide her

Poor nat. All flustered.

Flustered??? Really???....LOL

but, I do thank you for bumping up the post.....Very kind of you.

I don't hate Hillary.

I hate the totalitarian nonsense

Well, I agree that under Obama and Clinton you were forced to write your crap from some re-education camp where their "totalitarian nonsense" placed you for 8 years.

Nope, but it's obvious that is where the Left would like to take us. The restriction and destruction of language is always a first step.

Forum List

Back