Trump Served With Civil Suit Over January 6 Insurrection

[TE="deannalw, post: 26673668, member: 61377"]
I'm curious... an insurrection would have been against the opposition, but biden wasn't prez yet. Did Trump incite against his own administration?
[/QUOTE]
Well, I'm guessing they are looking at it from the perspective of him attempting to stop the new president from being certified all due to the investigation into an alledged fraudulent election, otherwise that would make any moves towards the seat illegitimate if fraud is proven during the investigation. Just because the courts were giving the administration a hard time at getting what they had uncovered a proper look see, it still didn't negate the on going investigation into the 2020 election by the justice Dept or by the appointed council.

What took place on 1-6-2020 had best have some hard core evidence in the accusation of the so called collusion between groups, because the counter suit is going to be tremendous.

Attempting to destroy Trump isn't going to work, where by it's merely just a continuation of the witch hunt that was alledgedly started during the Obama administration.

Like I said, the counter suits are going to be hell.

Attempting to turn the thing into a racial or racist event is typical of the leftist and their wanting to bury Donald Trump for reason's that are not even related to racism, but they will try anything.

Former president Donald Trump has been served with a civil rights lawsuit that accuses him of inciting the deadly Jan. 6 insurrection.

Attorneys for Rep. Bennie Thompson (D-MS) and the NAACP formally served the lawsuit, which was filed in February, to the former president at his Mar-A-Lago club, reported The Daily Beast.

I wonder if Ricky knew what he was signing for.
Frivolous lawsuit meant to harass......Thompson should be removed from office and the NAACP crooks force to pay all court and attorney fees.

You want Trump to get away with this too?

[TE="deannalw, post: 26673668, member: 61377"]
I'm curious... an insurrection would have been against the opposition, but biden wasn't prez yet. Did Trump incite against his own administration?
Well, I'm guessing they are looking at it from the perspective of him attempting to stop the new president from being certified all due to the investigation into an alledged fraudulent election, otherwise that would make any moves towards the seat illegitimate if fraud is proven during the investigation. Just because the courts were giving the administration a hard time at getting what they had uncovered a proper look see, it still didn't negate the on going investigation into the 2020 election by the justice Dept or by the appointed council.

What took place on 1-6-2020 had best have some hard core evidence in the accusation of the so called collusion between groups, because the counter suit is going to be tremendous.

Attempting to destroy Trump isn't going to work, where by it's merely just a continuation of the witch hunt that was alledgedly started during the Obama administration.

Like I said, the counter suits are going to be hell.

Yes, and discovery in the counter suits will be heaven. :2up:

Last edited:
Anyone who brings a frivolous lawsuit like this should have the case thrown out by the court immediately. Either that of make the accuser pay all court costs and legal fees plus damages associated with the frivolous suit.
Actually the problem is that nobody expected white supremacists to be encouraged by the president of the united states. At least not 100 years after they wrote the law to prevent it.

Anybody can sue Anyone for Anything.

"Incitement" requires that the event in question WOULD NOT HAVE OCCURRED but for the alleged inciting remarks.

It is now publicly known that the "riots" were planned weeks in advance. They had started even before Trump had concluded his remarks, and the Capitol was a good 45 minute walk away from where Trump's crowd was located.

Anybody can sue Anyone for Anything.

Nothing to see here...move along folks.
Hahaha, where did you get that something has to not occur for it to be incitement?! That’s one of the silliest comments I’ve heard yet... and I’ve heard a lot of silly.

The incitement occurred over the course of months. Not simply one speech. It was laid out pretty clear during the impeachment trial. Mitchy even admitted that trump was responsible but said his not guilty vote was one of process since Trump was no longer prez. I guess now it’s up to the courts.

I am not guessing this is just the beginning of Trump's legal woes.
This one sounds a little farfetched, but he'll still have to pay a lawyer to make it go away.
So what you're saying is that you know the lawsuit is bullshit...but you want it to happen because you think it will cost a conservative money? Gee, you liberals are a classy lot! (Eye Roll)

This one sounds a little farfetched, but he'll still have to pay a lawyer to make it go away.
So what you're saying is that you know the lawsuit is bullshit...but you want it to happen because you think it will cost a conservative money? Gee, you liberals are a classy lot! (Eye Roll)
It won't go away before they get discovery, and depose Trump under oath.

Former president Donald Trump has been served with a civil rights lawsuit that accuses him of inciting the deadly Jan. 6 insurrection.

Attorneys for Rep. Bennie Thompson (D-MS) and the NAACP formally served the lawsuit, which was filed in February, to the former president at his Mar-A-Lago club, reported The Daily Beast.

I wonder if we will get to hear Trump say want fries with that some where some day.

I didn't file the suit, and I'm not a lawyer, so no, none of the things you are personally attributing to me are true. I was simply commenting how it looks from my less than lawyerly perspective.

I didn't file the suit, and I'm not a lawyer, so no, none of the things you are personally attributing to me are true. I was simply commenting how it looks from my less than lawyerly perspective.
And from your less than lawyerly perspective it would appear that you're very aware that the suit is "farfetched" but don't care because it will harm a conservative. I was simply commenting on what kind of a person that makes you, Old Lady!

It won't go away before they get discovery, and depose Trump under oath.
You do realize, Gene that this opens up every single politician or media talking head that has called for protests that ended up turning violent to the same sort of civil suit? The stupidity of this is breathtaking.

RAW STORY HUH?

50972q.jpg
And about a dozen other news outlets
Agreed.

But it exaggerated the story, and left out a lot of important facts. It clearly catered to those who seethe with hatred for the former president, don't you think?

Folks with any amount of critical thinking know it is a frivolous lawsuit, especially if you read any real source of legitimate news on the story.

RAW STORY HUH?

50972q.jpg
Agreed.

But it exaggerated the story, and left out a lot of important facts. It clearly catered to those who seethe with hatred for the former president, don't you think?

Folks with any amount of critical thinking know it is a frivolous lawsuit, especially if you read any real source of legitimate news on the story.
We shall see -now wont we

RAW STORY HUH?

50972q.jpg
Agreed.

We shall see -now wont we
As long as DJT is a lightening rod for populist anger, and a goldmine for corporate MSM ratings? I doubt they will utterly destroy his ability to lead a movement.

. . . if you believe they will, you don't understand how the puppet masters for the stake holders work.

Everyone, and everything are all pawns, including the courts.

.. . . if you wish to surrender your power, by giving them your attention, instead of focus on that which gives you joy, yeah, you will see.

I'll check back occasionally, mostly because I am more curious to see, not Trump's progress, or the establishment's progress. .. . but, the hoped for enlightenment of my compatriots, both on the left, and on the right.

Only together, can we all end this insanity.

The Fulton County Georgia D.A. Fani Wallis Investigation of the Traitor's Attempt Influence The Georgia Election Results Is Heading To The Grand Jury.

Oh yeah, there is plenty more to come. The orange vomit stain is going to rue the day he got into politics.

Here is the major problem the Traitor.

The phone call(s) of the Governor of Georgia and the Secretary of State of Georgia were recorded.

Recording those was NOT illegal, no how much the RePuBliKlans cry about it.

Both Washington, D.C. (Where the calls originated) and the State of Georgia (Where the calls were received) allow parties making or receiving phone call to record those phone calls.

In the case of the call(s) to the Secretary of State of Georgia, the Counsel (lawyer) to the he call(s) and the Traitor was informed the call(s) were recorded and the Traitor did not object AND the Traitor was informed that Counsel was in the room and in on the call(s) and did not object.

The call(s) are legally admissible and can be used for the Grand Jury Hearing.

While the phone call was legal the entire phone call would be admitted not just what the communists want you to hear.

The commies tried the same thing with George Zimmerman's 911 call. It was edited and played to the public to prove Zimmerman made racist statements. Before the jury the entire call had to be played.

The Ku Klux Klan Act of 1871 — also known as the Third Enforcement Act — made it a federal crime to use “force, intimidation, or threat” to infringe on people’s rights to vote, hold office, testify in court and serve on a jury.
Ku Klux Klan Act of 1871: Law being used to target Trump ...

www.washingtonpost.com/history/2021/02/18/ku-klux-klan-act-capitol-attack/

That is why it is a stupid lawsuit, it will be tossed out.

The peoples right to vote was never the problem, it was the alleged vote switching AFTER the voting polls closed, which Trump isn't accused of doing at all.

There was NO voter fraud... no election fraud.. That's why all his cases have been thrown out. The Klan Act of 1871 may be a real problem for him. They do have standing and Trump did try to interfere with the EC certification.

I said ALLEGED vote switching...

No it has ZERO standing we successfully got around 150 million votes counted and certified by the states in DECEMBER, the January 6th conclusion was never in doubt.

Peoples right to votes was a smashing success, Biden was sworn in January 20.

Too bad you can't see the obvious nonsense the lawsuit is.

Don't you see why Mississippi has standing?

While the phone call was legal the entire phone call would be admitted not just what the communists want you to hear.

The commies tried the same thing with George Zimmerman's 911 call. It was edited and played to the public to prove Zimmerman made racist statements. Before the jury the entire call had to be played.

Any news organization has the right to edit for time as long as they don't change the recording.

Trump's phone call to the Georgia SOS was recorded from start to finish. Haven't you listened to it? It was another piece of extreme stupidity on Trump's part.

Just political theatre.

The Ku Klux Klan Act of 1871 — also known as the Third Enforcement Act — made it a federal crime to use “force, intimidation, or threat” to infringe on people’s rights to vote, hold office, testify in court and serve on a jury.
Ku Klux Klan Act of 1871: Law being used to target Trump ...

www.washingtonpost.com/history/2021/02/18/ku-klux-klan-act-capitol-attack/
Clearly an abuse of this law which itself has always been abusively used and even unconstitutional.

Forum List

Back