Trump refuses to lower flag for the massacre of a newspaper staff. Well of course.

deanrd

Gold Member
May 8, 2017
Trump declines request to lower flags in memory of Capital Gazette shooting victims

"Obviously, I'm disappointed, you know? ... Is there a cutoff for tragedy?" Buckley said Monday afternoon. "This was an attack on the press. It was an attack on freedom of speech. It's just as important as any other tragedy."

-------

No it's not. Trump has been calling the American free press the enemy of the people.

He's almost right.

The Free Press has been enemies of authoritarians, despots, liars, dictators and demagogues for as long as there has been a free press. Of course that doesn't sit well with Trump. For obvious reasons.

Trump declines request to lower flags in memory of Capital Gazette shooting victims

"Obviously, I'm disappointed, you know? ... Is there a cutoff for tragedy?" Buckley said Monday afternoon. "This was an attack on the press. It was an attack on freedom of speech. It's just as important as any other tragedy."

-------

No it's not. Trump has been calling the American free press the enemy of the people.

He's almost right.

The Free Press has been enemies of authoritarians, despots, liars, dictators and demagogues for as long as there has been a free press. Of course that doesn't sit well with Trump. For obvious reasons.
Conservatives cheered these deaths. They see it as part of the MAGA process.

-------

He's almost right.

Obama Ripped for Not Honoring Tenn. Victims; Congress, Trump Lower Flags

You do see how this kind of political psychological warfare works, don't you? Instead of American unity, you seek a divided citizenry. Instead of rallying the American public behind causes vital to American lives and posterity, you would prevent solutions. Instead of respecting your President, you would decry his character at every opportunity, and see him brought down along with our nation herself.

-------

He's almost right.

You do see how this kind of political psychological warfare works, don't you? Instead of American unity, you seek a divided citizenry. Instead of rallying the American public behind causes vital to American lives and posterity, you would prevent solutions. Instead of respecting your President, you would decry his character at every opportunity, and see him brought down along with our nation herself.
^ posted an article about Obama lowering a flag for Tennessee victims as proof that Obama didn't lower the flag for Tennessee victims. Holy fuck; and here I thought the stupid bar couldn't get any lower.

-------

He's almost right.

Gotta link for that celebration? Cause I missed it

-------

He's almost right.

Can't do it in the open yet. We're in 1920's, early 30's Germany still.

-------

He's almost right.

Can't do it in the open yet. We're in 1920's, early 30's Germany still.

Then maybe you & Deanrd should get your heads out of your asses, cause you're about 100 years behind the times. YOU may be in the 20's/30's, but not the rest of the world

-------

He's almost right.

^ posted an article about Obama lowering a flag for Tennessee victims as proof that Obama didn't lower the flag for Tennessee victims. Holy fuck; and here I thought the stupid bar couldn't get any lower.

Too bad you failed to read the entire article or comprehend it's context. Obama hesitated to half mast the Flag. He did so only after Boehner and Trump. Intelligence is indeed an issue for your side.

-------

He's almost right.

Too bad you failed to read the entire article or comprehend it's context. Obama hesitated to half mast the Flag. He did so only after Boehner and Trump. Intelligence is indeed an issue for your side.
Hesitated? So you're using your opinion that he "hesitated" to defend Trump's total refusal? So pathetic and shameless.

-------

He's almost right.

Hesitated? So you're using your opinion that he "hesitated" to defend Trump's total refusal? So pathetic and shameless.

It's okay comrade. I realize English may not be your first language. Da?

-------

He's almost right.

What a retarded cop out. You alt-rights are stupid as hell.

cop-out. Da?

Definition of COP-OUT

cop-out. Da?

Definition of COP-OUT
Yes, you abandoned the argument with a stupid side-step. Have a good night :fu:

Free press? Most media has become little more than a propaganda instrument for Leftists.

cop-out. Da?

Definition of COP-OUT
Yes, you abandoned the argument with a stupid side-step. Have a good night :fu:

Good night.

Now. In comparing President Trump's apparent hesitation to half mast our nation's great symbol of freedom for the victims of recent horrible tragedy in my home state to then President Obama's similar hesitation for different but equally tragic group of victims of tragedy in Tennessee 2015, can we fairly, reasonably or logically deduce a bias against either victim group on part of either sitting President? That perhaps speaks to the heart of the issue of the thread.

-------

He's almost right.

tRump is scum bag.

-------

He's almost right.

People die every day. So what did these journalists do that deserve honors usually only given to military heroes?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back