Trump posted this video on his official Instagram

Trump has lowered the standards for civility and education. Now we have Boebert, MTG and Carrie Lake.
Yep. So let's look at that -- they're obviously filling a demand with their ugly, pugilistic, juvenile behaviors. These followers want this, they celebrate it. They raise people like this up. The followers want people like this in power, and minimize (and even mock and attack) qualities like civility, decency, moderation, education, intelligence, articulateness.

What I want to know is, why? The only guess I have is that they're so filled with manipulated, paranoid rage that they just want to destroy anything outside their worldview.

Asking them is pointless, I've tried many times. I still try. They can't seem to articulate a cohesive, comprehensive, original set of thoughts on their own.

Last edited:
This is a former president of the United States and de facto "Leader of the Free World" and wants to sit in the Oval Office a second time. This is a child in an old man's body and he repeatedly embarrasses our nation, yet his party has fully embraced this. We have become a South Park society.

Well, I guess when your base is full of people who are essentially children in adult bodies.... you're aiming your information in a certain way....

That's my guess. I think it's been there for decades, building, just waiting for the right person to let it out.
Yup. All it needed was a grifting, narcissistic, populist salesman and that is the one thing Trump excelled in. Who will be the next target he turns is mob towards? Jury members?

Yup. All it needed was a grifting, narcissistic, populist salesman and that is the one thing Trump excelled in. Who will be the next target he turns is mob towards? Jury members?
This is such a bizarre combination of political cult, religious cult and Mafia family.

Yeah, jurors have to be protected now. I don't remember which one it was (there are so many), but a judge in an upcoming trial has already said that jurors' names will be protected.

And the rubes are fine with all of this. It's just inexplicable.

This is such a bizarre combination of political cult, religious cult and Mafia family.
You are right…I’ve never seen anything like it in this country but I’m not a student of political history. I know people make shallow comparisons to the rise of Hitler and I don’t agree, but it does remind me of Mussolini and fascism.

Yeah, jurors have to be protected now. I don't remember which one it was (there are so many), but a judge in an upcoming trial has already said that jurors' names will be protected.

I think I read that in one of the trials the names but addresses were released to his lawyers? Like that matters in the age of google.

You are right…I’ve never seen anything like it in this country but I’m not a student of political history. I know people make shallow comparisons to the rise of Hitler and I don’t agree, but it does remind me of Mussolini and fascism.
Mussolini is a good analog also because of his public, almost cartoonish, flamboyance. Almost a caricature.

One of the primary questions I have about the current period is how so many can so easily ignore history. Or, perhaps, they don't know it. But it's right there. There are too many pieces here to ignore.

74 percent of Republicans say it's fine for Trump to be ...

1709990158815.png

The Hill
https://thehill.com › homenews › campaign › 4453457-...
Feb 7, 2024 — A new survey found that a majority of Republicans say it is fine for former President Trump to be a dictator for the day if he wins the ...

Fox News calls Joe Biden a 'wannabe dictator' - The National​

1709990367693.png
thenationalnews.com
https://www.thenationalnews.com › world › 2023/06/15

Jun 14, 2023 — “Wannabe dictator speaks at the White House after having his political rival arrested,” the conservative network said in a chyron underneath a ...

Trump super PAC paints Biden as 'dictator' after remarks ...​

1709990241930.png
The Hill
https://thehill.com › homenews › campaign › 4345199-...

Dec 6, 2023 — A super PAC supporting former President Trump called President Biden a “dictator” on Wednesday, seeking to turn the tables after Trump said ...

This is a former president of the United States and de facto "Leader of the Free World" and wants to sit in the Oval Office a second time. This is a child in an old man's body and he repeatedly embarrasses our nation, yet his party has fully embraced this. We have become a South Park society.

As one of replies said: He knows his base.

Trumpism has become the modern day Spanish Inquisition. Anyone who doesn't acquiesce to their religion is a witch and must be burned at the stake.

Forum List

Back