Trump, Pompeo Offer Conflicting Versions of North Korea Talks

abu afak

ALLAH SNACKBAR!
Mar 3, 2006
Forget our many debates here. The two main players on "Our side" (if you Include Putin-Puppet Trumpov) disagree over the meeting and it's outcome.
Me? I'm going with the sane and honest one: Pompeo.

President says he has ‘solved’ the threat in Pyongyang, while his secretary of state cites ‘risks’
By Jessica Donati and Louise Radnofsky
Wall Street Journal - June 15, 2018

President Donald Trump’s assertion Friday that he has “solved” the North Korean nuclear weapons threat again diverged from how Secretary of State Mike Pompeo depicted the outcome of this week’s summit between Trump and North Korean dictator Kim Jong Un.

Pompeo, in meetings in South Korea and China after the summit, said that much work remains before North Korea gives up its nuclear weapons, and told Chinese officials on Thursday that “there are still risks we won’t achieve that.”

Trump’s claim on Friday, in remarks to reporters at the White House, echoed Twitter messages he sent earlier in the week after his summit with Mr. Kim in Singapore, when he said: “There is no longer a nuclear threat from North Korea.” The view also has been disputed by some longtime U.S. experts on diplomacy with North Korea.

Trump’s remarks have steadily Contrasted with views expressed by Pompeo, who is in charge of driving the diplomatic process forward after the Singapore meeting. The Conflicting public statements risk sending mixed signals that set Back the process, some say.

“What [Trump] may have done is undermined his leverage for solving the problem,” said Robert Einhorn, a former U.S. negotiator on North Korea’s missile programs. “Secretary Pompeo and State Department are playing a responsible role in not exaggerating what has been achieved and not minimizing the challenges ahead.”
[.....]​
`

Last edited:
Forget our many debates here. The two main players on "Our side" (if you Include Putin-Puppet Trumpov) disagree over the meeting and it's outcome.

President says he has ‘solved’ the threat in Pyongyang, while his secretary of state cites ‘risks’

President Donald Trump’s assertion Friday that he has “solved” the North Korean nuclear weapons threat again diverged from how Secretary of State Mike Pompeo depicted the outcome of this week’s summit between Trump and North Korean dictator Kim Jong Un.

Pompeo, in meetings in South Korea and China after the summit, said that much work remains before North Korea gives up its nuclear weapons, and told Chinese officials on Thursday that “there are still risks we won’t achieve that.”

Trump’s claim on Friday, in remarks to reporters at the White House, echoed Twitter messages he sent earlier in the week after his summit with Mr. Kim in Singapore, when he said: “There is no longer a nuclear threat from North Korea.” The view also has been disputed by some longtime U.S. experts on diplomacy with North Korea.

Trump’s remarks have steadily Contrasted with views expressed by Pompeo, who is in charge of driving the diplomatic process forward after the Singapore meeting. The Conflicting public statements risk sending mixed signals that set Back the process, some say.

“What [Trump] may have done is undermined his leverage for solving the problem,” said Robert Einhorn, a former U.S. negotiator on North Korea’s missile programs. “Secretary Pompeo and State Department are playing a responsible role in not exaggerating what has been achieved and not minimizing the challenges ahead.”
[.....]​
`

Hysterical.

Going on two years, and you people still don't have one single clue how Trump operates.

[.....]​
`

Hysterical.

Going on two years, and you people still don't have one single clue how Trump operates.

Sure we do, aaaayyyyyaaaa derp derp, I am great. I raped and pillaged you working class fools and you loved me for it. How did I do?

Trump could save the world and his haters would find fault with it.....you guys are making it easy to stay energized for November....

35285428_10156516838706057_2660698605983105024_n.jpg

Oh no! Is Putin out and Kim in? Trump, the cad, is always changing his favorite loves.

Forum List

Back