Trump: Pelosi, Schumer ready to make a deal after executive orders

anyone making over 50 grand shouldnt get it, they should have prepared for a rainy day
If we are talking unemployment, how are they making over $50k?

And we pay into unemployment insurance, so it isnt an entitlement, bubba, so they have to pay at least the minimum.
YOu misread his post. Not that I agree with him. But still.

And Trump has guaranteed that the gop will demographically be reduced in each election.
That is so racist much bovine scatology my nose is cringing from behind the keyboard.

As people move into the middle class they more and more tend to vote Republican, especially Hispanics.

Time is not on your side, bubba.

anyone making over 50 grand shouldnt get it, they should have prepared for a rainy day

And we pay into unemployment insurance, so it isnt an entitlement, bubba, so they have to pay at least the minimum.
So explain to me how I misread "anyone making over 50 grand shouldnt get it"

I mean it sincerely, as my Autism is often giving me 'mind blindness'.

so if lashing out at others means you're feeling sorry for yourself...

do you ever stop and apply that to how often you lash out at others or is this another "rules for you, not for me" bullshit you love to dance with?
You expect a programmed drone to apply logic?

do you ever stop and apply that to how often you lash out at others or is this another "rules for you, not for me" bullshit you love to dance with?
Didn't even get a response, that's how much that slap hurt. :)

Liberals are immune to logic

1597247728084.png

If anyone can get reelected with 300k needless deaths, maybe we should just anoint him emperor for life

But that's just how broken the system is. Even when they needed to, even when the country desperately needed them to, Democrats couldn't nominate a decent candidate for President. Biden still might win, but only because our system is so fucked up that all he has to do is be slightly better than Trump. An abysmally low bar.
I'm not convinced it's the political system. But what was Biden's base is now Trump's, or at least the non-racist base of Trump. And Trump has guaranteed that the gop will demographically be reduced in each election.

When you examine the way plurality, winner-take-all elections work - they really don't serve us well. They divide, rather than unite, and drive us into opposing camps.

Socially there is a rise of exclusionary groups on both sides of the political spectrum. Our public education was the engine of meritocracy and now it's a debt engine for lenders. The working class (at least the white) perceives standards of living declining. I'm not sold at the being accurate, but there's no doubt the real winners in the economy are banker types who don't actually lend money to create any good or service for consumption.

I don't think class-warfare politics are good for the nation. Identity politics in general divide rather than unite.

If anyone can get reelected with 300k needless deaths, maybe we should just anoint him emperor for life

But that's just how broken the system is. Even when they needed to, even when the country desperately needed them to, Democrats couldn't nominate a decent candidate for President. Biden still might win, but only because our system is so fucked up that all he has to do is be slightly better than Trump. An abysmally low bar.
I'm not convinced it's the political system. But what was Biden's base is now Trump's, or at least the non-racist base of Trump. And Trump has guaranteed that the gop will demographically be reduced in each election.

When you examine the way plurality, winner-take-all elections work - they really don't serve us well. They divide, rather than unite, and drive us into opposing camps.

Socially there is a rise of exclusionary groups on both sides of the political spectrum. Our public education was the engine of meritocracy and now it's a debt engine for lenders. The working class (at least the white) perceives standards of living declining. I'm not sold at the being accurate, but there's no doubt the real winners in the economy are banker types who don't actually lend money to create any good or service for consumption.

I don't think class-warfare politics are good for the nation. Identity politics in general divide rather than unite.
I agree. For much of the 19th century we had three parties. But socially we've moved past most regional differences. Most of us work for the corporate state. Even in rural America, crops don't get to market without the corporate state.

I'm not sure we're at an end of the Republic. But there are similarities to Orwell's big brother and thought control and reality bending. Although 1984 was about COMMUNISM, and trying to draw parallels to support either gop of dem points is reality bending itself.

But Obama did UNITE people. Briefly. And he failed as a president who got legislation passed. He passed a long dead stimulus bill, and the impact of his supposedly game changing healthcare law is …. Medicaid expansion in most states. And the gop would have voted for THAT back in 2008.

I'm in no hurry to die (-: but once we boomers are dust, political power in a democratic system in the US will require new coalitions.

So explain to me how I misread "anyone making over 50 grand shouldnt get it"

I mean it sincerely, as my Autism is often giving me 'mind blindness'.
no. Your inability to read is not my fault or responsibility

President Trump on Monday said Democratic leaders suddenly want to make a deal on a coronavirus relief package after he blew past the stalled negotiations with executive orders to send aid to Americans.

He said Senate Minority Leader Charles E. Schumer and House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, who spent the weekend decrying the executive action as illegal, sent word they want to meet with him.

“So now Schumer and Pelosi want to meet to make a deal. Amazing how it all works, isn’t it. Where have they been for the last 4 weeks when they were ‘hardliners’, and only wanted BAILOUT MONEY for Democrat run states and cities that are failing badly? They know my phone number!” Mr. Trump tweeted.

I don't care what the leftists say, President Trump is brilliant.

He set himself up for a win-win situation. In all cases when there is a stalemate, the MSM always blames the Republicans. If it's the Republican Congress, they blame them. If it's a Republican President, they blame him. After all, when was the last time the MSM reported a government shutdown was the Democrats fault? Never.

Trump issued this EO knowing it wouldn't stand in court. But if the Dems want to take it there, he can say they stopped him from helping the people. If they understand what he's doing and not take it to court to stop Trump, he gets everything he listed in the EO, and again, take complete credit for it.

No matter what the Dems do, they are going to look bad, and again, that's the brilliant move by President Trump.

Apparently they know they've been checkmated, and now have to try and figure something out.

It is a dumb move but you are too stupid to know that. There is no eviction moratorium so people can be evicted. Payments if any will take months. People will blame Trump and the Republicans when at the end of August people are being evicted and no payments are forthcoming.

Trump's EO included a national restriction on evictions, which I am against. As a landlord myself, I have no problem with people being protected against evictions if they are a victim of Covid. I do however have a problem with protecting all people being evicted whether it was Covid related or not.

I can understand your position, you still have to pay taxs and water bills etc. However the situation is people with kids who dont have the corona virus may still have been put out of work and have no income. To allow them to be evicted makes them homeless, through no fault of their own, its not like their bums or dont want to work. Its a kind damned if you do damned if you dont

Two points on that: For one, if somebody lost their job because of the virus, again, I'm okay with protection IF they have no income. Two, unemployment with the fed subsidies pay a lot of people more than when they were working. So if you were paying rent okay while working, why would you not be able to pay when you're bringing home more money? Or should I say, staying home for more money?

I've been a landlord for over 25 years now. Like any other group of people, some tenants can be irresponsible. If we had a general overall protection for all tenants, some might take that money and spend it foolishly because they can legally not pay rent. If there was a law protecting them, it doesn't mean they get free rent. You still have to pay all that back rent for the months they didn't pay, and then they will be in serious debt.

Eventually it will end up in the courts and be time consuming and costly for both. Fortunately for me, all my tenants are working and paying rent as usual. But they are such good tenants that if anybody ran into trouble because of the virus, I wouldn't need a law to help them out. I value their residency here.

That is not true. I see you received your talking points from Trump. The unemployment subsidies do not pay many people more than they were making when they were working. For some that is true. However some are also making less than they were making before.

Its true and the ones making less were very high paid people, the average worker made more on the stimulus unemployment.
Hardly.

Unemployment AND the extra $600 totaled $3200/month. That's a yearly salary of $38,000.

You think anyone making more than that is "highly paid"?
I personally know people who turned down post-shutdown jobs because the aid was more than they earned before. And don't fail to count food aid and no evictions.

But I'd agree there are plenty of families who need the $600

President Trump on Monday said Democratic leaders suddenly want to make a deal on a coronavirus relief package after he blew past the stalled negotiations with executive orders to send aid to Americans.

He said Senate Minority Leader Charles E. Schumer and House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, who spent the weekend decrying the executive action as illegal, sent word they want to meet with him.

“So now Schumer and Pelosi want to meet to make a deal. Amazing how it all works, isn’t it. Where have they been for the last 4 weeks when they were ‘hardliners’, and only wanted BAILOUT MONEY for Democrat run states and cities that are failing badly? They know my phone number!” Mr. Trump tweeted.

I don't care what the leftists say, President Trump is brilliant.

He set himself up for a win-win situation. In all cases when there is a stalemate, the MSM always blames the Republicans. If it's the Republican Congress, they blame them. If it's a Republican President, they blame him. After all, when was the last time the MSM reported a government shutdown was the Democrats fault? Never.

Trump issued this EO knowing it wouldn't stand in court. But if the Dems want to take it there, he can say they stopped him from helping the people. If they understand what he's doing and not take it to court to stop Trump, he gets everything he listed in the EO, and again, take complete credit for it.

No matter what the Dems do, they are going to look bad, and again, that's the brilliant move by President Trump.

Apparently they know they've been checkmated, and now have to try and figure something out.

It is a dumb move but you are too stupid to know that. There is no eviction moratorium so people can be evicted. Payments if any will take months. People will blame Trump and the Republicans when at the end of August people are being evicted and no payments are forthcoming.

Trump's EO included a national restriction on evictions, which I am against. As a landlord myself, I have no problem with people being protected against evictions if they are a victim of Covid. I do however have a problem with protecting all people being evicted whether it was Covid related or not.

I can understand your position, you still have to pay taxs and water bills etc. However the situation is people with kids who dont have the corona virus may still have been put out of work and have no income. To allow them to be evicted makes them homeless, through no fault of their own, its not like their bums or dont want to work. Its a kind damned if you do damned if you dont

Two points on that: For one, if somebody lost their job because of the virus, again, I'm okay with protection IF they have no income. Two, unemployment with the fed subsidies pay a lot of people more than when they were working. So if you were paying rent okay while working, why would you not be able to pay when you're bringing home more money? Or should I say, staying home for more money?

I've been a landlord for over 25 years now. Like any other group of people, some tenants can be irresponsible. If we had a general overall protection for all tenants, some might take that money and spend it foolishly because they can legally not pay rent. If there was a law protecting them, it doesn't mean they get free rent. You still have to pay all that back rent for the months they didn't pay, and then they will be in serious debt.

Eventually it will end up in the courts and be time consuming and costly for both. Fortunately for me, all my tenants are working and paying rent as usual. But they are such good tenants that if anybody ran into trouble because of the virus, I wouldn't need a law to help them out. I value their residency here.

That is not true. I see you received your talking points from Trump. The unemployment subsidies do not pay many people more than they were making when they were working. For some that is true. However some are also making less than they were making before.

Its true and the ones making less were very high paid people, the average worker made more on the stimulus unemployment.
Hardly.

Unemployment AND the extra $600 totaled $3200/month. That's a yearly salary of $38,000.

You think anyone making more than that is "highly paid"?

600 a week is more than most labor makes...most do not make 15 an hour and thats who needs the most help...anyone making over 50 grand shouldnt get it, they should have prepared for a rainy day
Well those folks who WOULD be making only $15/hr if they were not unemployed (ya know...the ones you claim to care about) ain't getting SHIT now

Blame Pulousy
Pelosi passed the HEROES Act three months ago that would have gotten them paid

Blame Moscow Mitch and Trump

Pelosi cant pass gas
What? Like it or not the HOUSE is the ONLY place new legislation did pass. LOL And Trump couldn't even negotiate a dealiwth McConnell.

If I hear Sandra Smith on FOX news say one more time today that "The republicans didn't like it when Obama signed executive orders"....
Sandra you ignorant bitch....we are fighting our way out of a pandemic you stupid never Trumper......I can't watch this happen to a once fair and impartial news agency.....
Tell me what you watch I'll tell you who you are.

How can you stand watching the clowns at FOX? do you have a functioning brain? Because I can tell you that even when I hardly spoke any English, I knew they were clowns just from their facial expressions. Wake up and nourish your brain if you still have one.
I watch them all....they are all out of touch with middle America...maybe the big networks should move to the mid west and hire from there....the news would be much more in line with the thinking of average Americans.....the coasts are filled with freaks.....tattooed pierced purple hair freaks....
They are all corrupted I agree. But the middle of america needs a revolution in terms of education, history, acceptance, tolerance and world cultures. The amount of ignorance coming from a big portion of that part of the country is nauseating to say the least.

If I hear Sandra Smith on FOX news say one more time today that "The republicans didn't like it when Obama signed executive orders"....
Sandra you ignorant bitch....we are fighting our way out of a pandemic you stupid never Trumper......I can't watch this happen to a once fair and impartial news agency.....
Tell me what you watch I'll tell you who you are.

How can you stand watching the clowns at FOX? do you have a functioning brain? Because I can tell you that even when I hardly spoke any English, I knew they were clowns just from their facial expressions. Wake up and nourish your brain if you still have one.
I watch them all....they are all out of touch with middle America...maybe the big networks should move to the mid west and hire from there....the news would be much more in line with the thinking of average Americans.....the coasts are filled with freaks.....tattooed pierced purple hair freaks....
They are all corrupted I agree. But the middle of america needs a revolution in terms of education, history, acceptance, tolerance and world cultures. The amount of ignorance coming from a big portion of that part of the country is nauseating to say the least.
You believe what you have been told about middle America...you should go there and see for yourself....when you get there the first thing you will notice besides the friendly treatment from strangers is that it looks like America......

Let's say you were making $18.00 an hour, which in my state, isn't too bad. That's less than 38K a year gross. Now you get laid off and are getting close to 60K a year. Are you going to go out and look for a job? Of course not. You are 20K a year ahead of the game. Even if somebody offered you a job for $4.00 an hour more than you were making, you'd still be doing much better on unemployment.
This is the problem Republicans have with this extra money.
And that is what the Republicans get insultingly wrong.

Which would you take: Unemployment that pays the same but can end in a few months, or a permanent job that gives you a reason to get your dead ass out of bed, in the shower and starting your day?

I have had a lot of unemployment time since my back surgery, and I promise you I would go back to work for the same pay if I could.

Right now I have been unavailable to work due to Pancreatitis and cant claim it.

That may be you and people like you, but many will not, especially if it means getting more money staying home. As we've read even before the pandemic, many Americans are living check to check. Surveys have shown that most Americans don't have an extra $800.00 in the event of an emergency.

So you have a lot of bills to pay. Your situation is your place closed down, and now you are making an extra $300.00 a week. Are you going to look for a job where you earn $300.00 less a week than you are earning now?

$300.00 a week could be your car payment. Think how great it would be if that loan were paid off. How about that credit card you're paying 9% interest on? Imagine the money you'd save by greatly knocking down that balance.........

The longer you stay on unemployment, the more ahead you can get on those bills even if it's killing you to stay home. For a lot of people, when it comes to thinking with their heart of their head, they will choose with their head every time.

President Trump would have never wrote it if he didn't have the ability to fund it. I don't know how that's done, but I would think that since it's an EO, the House is obligated to fund it.
The states alrady pay unemployment insurance, and much of that comes from the Federal government NOW.

Trump increased how much the Feds are contributing to the regular unemployment dole, and h as added more on top of that.

Kudlow was on last night and said for example, if the states give $100 normally, the Federalis will add a flat $300 to that via unemployment benefits, while another $300 additional is coming for an interum period.

With the Presidents ability to fungiblate the money around, he can easily do this as SCOTUS upheld on the Wall funding. Both fall under the emergency powers of the President.

States run their own unemployment and make their own rules. The only time the feds get involved is when there are a lot of people out of work, few jobs, and they extend the amount the state was giving when the state benefits are exhausted.

I know a few people who are collecting unemployment in my state. Without the feds help, they were getting around 400 bucks a week give or take. With the feds, it was a thousand bucks a week. They never made that kind of money before. At least in my state, if you are only getting 100.00 a week, you had a pretty low paying part-time job.

Wondering how Republicans in Congress will respond when Biden issues to EOs to work around them.

This shit is a two-way street. We realize that, right?

They would take it to court like they have with EO's DumBama issued. That's the way our system works.

I think one thing we've come realize, with Trump, is just how much of our system of check and balances relies on the good faith of those we elect. And on the willingness of everyone involved - ie both parties - to honor them....

'honor' -- yeah, right.

Anyone else cheering for COVID?
I'm not cheering for covid but perhaps because there shouldn't be a need to. IF Trump was sincerely interested in governing, we'd see people in baseball stadiums and students safely in class right now. But Trump identified what he thought he had to do, at a minimum, to get reelected (show some wall progress and gin up the econ and at least appear to be taking on Jina). A freaking respiratory virus has brought the econ to it's knees. It's like we are governed by Boris Johnson or Bolsonaro. And the UK might be doing a better job than us.

Outside of Democrats and TDS people, most understand that this virus is not his fault in any way. And while they are striving to place the blame on Trump, they will be in Walmart this week buying cheap Chinese products--the country that gave us this virus.

You might think this will work, but it won't. People are looking forward, not backward. We need a leader this November that can pull us through this, especially after we get a possible vaccine to stop this thing.

So we have two choices: Elect a guy that's already proven to lead us to a great economy, or a guy who promises to increase taxes on our job producers, dramatically increase our fuel costs for "green" energy, destroy middle and upper-class suburbs in the name of Socialism. Bring back Commie Care fines to take what little bit people get from their income tax refund.

You tell me. Which one should people choose?

Forum List

Back