Trump Pardons Hammond's

Trump has pardoned the Hammond's ...............And it's long past time. The BLM was out of control driving the cattle ranchers out of business.

Welcome home Hammond's................And thanks President Trump.
Trump pardons Oregon ranchers whose case sparked Bundy takeover of refuge

President Donald Trump on Tuesday pardoned two eastern Oregon ranchers serving time in federal prison for setting fire to public land in a case that inflamed their supporters and gave rise to the armed takeover of the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge.

Dwight Hammond Jr., 76, and son Steven Hammond, 49, walked out of a federal prison in California about 6 1/2 hours later. They were convicted in 2012 of arson on Harney County land where they had grazing rights for their cattle. They were ordered back to prison in early 2016 to serve out five-year sentences.

"The Hammonds are devoted family men, respected contributors to their local community and have widespread support from their neighbors, local law enforcement and farmers and ranchers across the West,'' the White House said in a statement. "Justice is overdue for Dwight and Steven Hammond, both of whom are entirely deserving of these Grants of Executive Clemency.''

Susie Hammond, Dwight's wife and Steven's mother, said she was sound asleep when a call from U.S. Rep. Greg Walden awakened her Tuesday morning. "He said it's a done deal, the papers were signed,'' she said. "We've been waiting a long time. I think it's wonderful.''

Though Susie Hammond believed her husband and son had a strong case for clemency, she was reluctant to get her hopes up.

"I've just been sitting here, on the phone since,'' she said. "I still can't believe it. I won't believe it until I see them.''

Walden said he looks forward to welcoming the Hammonds back to Oregon.

"Today is a win for justice and an acknowledgement of our unique way of life in the high desert, rural West,'' he said. "I applaud President Trump for thoroughly reviewing the facts of this case, rightly determining the Hammonds were treated unfairly and taking action to correct this injustice.''
Arsonists for trump!
Ya a fire threatened the Hammond farm so they started a back fire, that burned a 139 acres
So many of your ilk call us fly over country, unless it suits your purpose
139 acres not squat in that area

Trump has pardoned the Hammond's ...............And it's long past time. The BLM was out of control driving the cattle ranchers out of business.

President Donald Trump on Tuesday pardoned two eastern Oregon ranchers serving time in federal prison for setting fire to public land in a case that inflamed their supporters and gave rise to the armed takeover of the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge.

Dwight Hammond Jr., 76, and son Steven Hammond, 49, walked out of a federal prison in California about 6 1/2 hours later. They were convicted in 2012 of arson on Harney County land where they had grazing rights for their cattle. They were ordered back to prison in early 2016 to serve out five-year sentences.

"The Hammonds are devoted family men, respected contributors to their local community and have widespread support from their neighbors, local law enforcement and farmers and ranchers across the West,'' the White House said in a statement. "Justice is overdue for Dwight and Steven Hammond, both of whom are entirely deserving of these Grants of Executive Clemency.''

Susie Hammond, Dwight's wife and Steven's mother, said she was sound asleep when a call from U.S. Rep. Greg Walden awakened her Tuesday morning. "He said it's a done deal, the papers were signed,'' she said. "We've been waiting a long time. I think it's wonderful.''

Though Susie Hammond believed her husband and son had a strong case for clemency, she was reluctant to get her hopes up.

"I've just been sitting here, on the phone since,'' she said. "I still can't believe it. I won't believe it until I see them.''

"Today is a win for justice and an acknowledgement of our unique way of life in the high desert, rural West,'' he said. "I applaud President Trump for thoroughly reviewing the facts of this case, rightly determining the Hammonds were treated unfairly and taking action to correct this injustice.''
Arsonists for trump!
Ya a fire threatened the Hammond farm so they started a back fire, that burned a 139 acres
So many of your ilk call us fly over country, unless it suits your purpose
139 acres not squat in that area
Like I said
My neighbor accidently burned 1200 acres of BLM land and the BLM coulda cared less

What are you morons babbling about now? The Hammonds were convicted of arson. Has nothing to do with cattle. And I see no good reason why they should have been pardoned. There was never any controversy over their convictions, only over their subsequent re-sentencing. I can see commuting their sentence. But this is a shameless abuse of power by Donald. Then again, it's Wednesday so that's to be expected anymore.

Exercising his constitutional authority is an abuse of power?

You will need to complete the proposition if you want your question to make any sense. All abuses of power involve authority that is vested in an individual or body. Do police have the power to perform a traffic stop when they find someone speeding? Yes, of course. Is it acceptable to stop an attractive woman simply to chat her up and get her phone number? No, that would be an abuse of power.

At this point, Donald is handing out pardons that have no merit simply because it whips up passions of bottom feeder voters, also known as his base.

What are you morons babbling about now? The Hammonds were convicted of arson. Has nothing to do with cattle. And I see no good reason why they should have been pardoned. There was never any controversy over their convictions, only over their subsequent re-sentencing. I can see commuting their sentence. But this is a shameless abuse of power by Donald. Then again, it's Wednesday so that's to be expected anymore.

You will need to complete the proposition if you want your question to make any sense. All abuses of power involve authority that is vested in an individual or body. Do police have the power to perform a traffic stop when they find someone speeding? Yes, of course. Is it acceptable to stop an attractive woman simply to chat her up and get her phone number? No, that would be an abuse of power.

At this point, Donald is handing out pardons that have no merit simply because it whips up passions of bottom feeder voters, also known as his base.
You werent locked up very long.

You werent locked up very long.

Bullshit charges.

President Trump Pardons Dwight and Steve Hammond

hammonds.jpg

Remember the Bundy Occupation of federal land? Another Obozo attempt to strengthen federal authority at the cost of individual ranchers.

Dwight Hammond and his son Steve Hammond were convicted six years ago and sent to prison on arson charges – they set a series of fires on their private land that eventually spread to federal lands.

The Hammond’s case became the inspiration for the armed occupation of the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge in 2016. The organizers of the standoff were protesting federal land ownership.

They served the time but at least the president has vindicated them.

More @ Trump Pardons Ranchers Who Were Inspiration For Armed Occupation

Forum List

Back