Trump on the US Constitution: ‘It’s like a foreign language”.

JLW

Diamond Member
Sep 16, 2012
In the new book A Very Stable Genius recounts Trump’s war with reading and understanding the US Constitution. Trump was asked to be on a HBO special on the Constitution and he only had to read small passage. No one else had trouble with reading the Constitution but Trump:

.”....the president stumbled, trying to get out the words in the arcane, stilted form the founding fathers had written. Trump grew irritated. “It’s very hard to do because of the language here,” Trump told the crew. “It’s very hard to get through that whole thing without a stumble.” He added, “It’s like a different language, right?” The cameraman tried to calm Trump, telling him it was no big deal, to take a moment and start over. Trump tried again, but again remarked, “It’s like a foreign language.””

“It’s Like a Foreign Language”: Donald Trump’s Encounter With the Constitution Did Not Go Well

Can you imagine if Obama said this. But it makes sense for the semi-literate Trump. I would also guess that most Trumplicans would agree that the US Constitution is like a foreign language, since most of them haven’t a clue what it says or what it means. Trump obviously has no idea what his Constitutional role is which is why he keeps running roughshod over the Constitution.

Last edited:
In the new book A Very Stable Genius recounts Trump’s war with reading and understanding the US Constitution. Trump was asked to be on a HBO special on the Constitution and he only had to read small passage. No one else had trouble with reading the Constitution but Trump:

.”....the president stumbled, trying to get out the words in the arcane, stilted form the founding fathers had written. Trump grew irritated. “It’s very hard to do because of the language here,” Trump told the crew. “It’s very hard to get through that whole thing without a stumble.” He added, “It’s like a different language, right?” The cameraman tried to calm Trump, telling him it was no big deal, to take a moment and start over. Trump tried again, but again remarked, “It’s like a foreign language.””

“It’s Like a Foreign Language”: Donald Trump’s Encounter With the Constitution Did Not Go Well

Can you imagine if Obama said this. But it makes sense for the semi-literate Trump. I would also guess that most Trumplicans would agree that the US Constitution is like a foreign language, since most of them haven’t a clue what it says or what it means. Trump obviously has no idea what his Constitutional role which is why he keeps running roughshod over the Constitution.
Can you imagine if Obama said this
No because if Obama started reading the Constitution, he would start to burn like a vampire in sunlight, as we all know the brown turd hated the Constitution as much as Nanny Pelosi from San Fransicko.

Can you imagine if Obama said this. But it makes sense for the semi-literate Trump. I would also guess that most Trumplicans would agree that the US Constitution is like a foreign language, since most of them haven’t a clue what it says or what it means. Trump obviously has no idea what his Constitutional role which is why he keeps running roughshod over the Constitution.
The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. Where is that and what does it mean to whom?
No I'm not a Trump fan- I despise politico's period- but hyperbole means there is no point to be made other than click bait.

No because if Obama started reading the Constitution, he would start to burn like a vampire in sunlight, as we all know the brown turd hated the Constitution as much as Nanny Pelosi from San Fransicko.

Is that all you have is 23 second clip...lol. Address the OP and Trump’s total ignorance of the US Constitution. A document he pledged to uphold and which he hasn’t a clue about.

The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. Where is that and what does it mean to whom?
No I'm not a Trump fan- I despise politico's period- but hyperbole means there is no point to be made other than click bait.
The only part of the constitution that Trumpers quote is the 2nd amendment and with all due respect, like yourself, still can’t get it right.

The only part of the constitution that Trumpers quote is the 2nd amendment and with all due respect, like yourself, still can’t get it right.
I expect I've forgotten more about the constitution than most here will ever know- I used that simple stanza as a reminder, sir, that the body politic on neither side pays much attention to the rules written for them. In fact, dear nancy has said it's a living document- which is physically impossible as it is an inert piece of paper agreed to by those who sign it and swear an oath to protect it- please don't embarrass yourself in public.

The Supreme Court will decide that if need be. We don't need a keyboard lawyer to tell us what it means, lol.

Is that all you have is 23 second clip...lol. Address the OP and Trump’s total ignorance of the US Constitution. A document he pledged to uphold and which he hasn’t a clue about.

The documentary, titled The Words That Built America, was directed by Alexandra Pelosi, a daughter of House Democratic leader Nancy Pelosi.
This bitch has as much credibility as Oliver Stone in their documentaries.. And of course Alex wouldn't have any partisan feelings towards the President, now would she?

If the brown turd didnt ping pong on the teleprompter, he would stutter all the time.

I expect I've forgotten more about the constitution than most here will ever know- I used that simple stanza as a reminder, sir, that the body politic on neither side pays much attention to the rules written for them. In fact, dear nancy has said it's a living document- which is physically impossible as it is an inert piece of paper agreed to by those who sign it and swear an oath to protect it- please don't embarrass yourself in public.
When it comes to constitution interpretation the question is whether it is a living document or a dead document is an on-going debate. Pelosi is right it is a living document. (Unlike yourself apparently, most people do not actually think the document is alive). Scalia was wrong that the document is dead. But of course if you think it is a dead document then I suppose when we talking about 2nd amendment, if the document is dead, and it died in 1789 and we must look at the intent of the founders, the only arms permitted are muskets.

But I am sure though not positive, do you think the constitution written like a foreign language?

This bitch has as much credibility as Oliver Stone in their documentaries
Oliver Stone documentaries are pretty credible- you may not like the facts he uses but that doesn't mean they aren't facts- dear nancy is an old drunk and her daughter defends her by saying she doesn't even drink- that ruins any credibility she may have had- well, that along with her last name- LOL

Oh oh another book. We know they wouldn't lie, would they.
That is the Trumpist:

upload_2020-1-21_8-42-5.jpeg

Last edited:

|"The documentary, titled The Words That Built America, was directed by Alexandra Pelosi, a daughter of House Democratic leader Nancy Pelosi."
Riiiiight.

BULLSHIT. You support and defend him at every turn.

When it comes to constitution interpretation the question is whether it is a living document or a dead document is an on-going debate. Pelosi is right it is a living document. (Unlike yourself apparently, most people do not actually think the document is alive). Scalia was wrong that the document is dead. But of course if you think it is a dead document then I suppose when we talking about 2nd amendment, if the document is dead, and it died in 1789 and we must look at the intent of the founders, the only arms permitted are muskets.

But I am sure though not positive, do you think the constitution written like a foreign language?
21686420_823286491174798_2917418670360047627_n.png

|"The documentary, titled The Words That Built America, was directed by Alexandra Pelosi, a daughter of House Democratic leader Nancy Pelosi."
Riiiiight.
So what.. Plenty of witnesses were there.

View attachment 301714
It all depends on Constitutional interpretation. An inane meme means nothing.

The documentary, titled The Words That Built America, was directed by Alexandra Pelosi, a daughter of House Democratic leader Nancy Pelosi.

Now there's an unbiased source.

Now there's an unbiased source.
Lol..as a I said plenty of witnesses were there and no one denies what happened. Try again.

Forum List

Back