Trump on Coming Debt Crisis: ‘I Won’t Be Here’ When It Blows Up

Trump is not interested in the budget deficit and the burgeoning government debt because he won't be in office when it blows up.

The biggest threat to government debt is rising interest rates which could make the debt self-fueling and unstoppable.

Trump ignorance of the government debt is negligence.

The president thinks the balancing of the nation’s books is going to, ultimately, be a future president’s problem.
Asawin Suebsaeng,
Lachlan Markay
12.05.18 10:32 AM ET

Since the 2016 presidential campaign, Donald Trump’s aides and advisers have tried to convince him of the importance of tackling the national debt.

Sources close to the president say he has repeatedly shrugged it off, implying that he doesn’t have to worry about the money owed to America’s creditors—currently about $21 trillion—because he won’t be around to shoulder the blame when it becomes even more untenable.

The friction came to a head in early 2017 when senior officials offered Trump charts and graphics laying out the numbers and showing a “hockey stick” spike in the national debt in the not-too-distant future. In response, Trump noted that the data suggested the debt would reach a critical mass only after his possible second term in office.

“Yeah, but I won’t be here,” the president bluntly said, according to a source who was in the room when Trump made this comment during discussions on the debt.
“I never once heard him talk about the debt.”
— Former Senior White House official ...

And neither would Obama, Bush, Clinton or any other sitting President. they all kicked the can down the road. None of them wanted to be been around when the ball finally explodes.

You prove how stupid you are with each and every post.

Last edited:
Trump is not interested in the budget deficit and the burgeoning government debt because he won't be in office when it blows up.

The biggest threat to government debt is rising interest rates which could make the debt self-fueling and unstoppable.

The president thinks the balancing of the nation’s books is going to, ultimately, be a future president’s problem.
Asawin Suebsaeng,
Lachlan Markay

Since the 2016 presidential campaign, Donald Trump’s aides and advisers have tried to convince him of the importance of tackling the national debt.

Sources close to the president say he has repeatedly shrugged it off, implying that he doesn’t have to worry about the money owed to America’s creditors—currently about $21 trillion—because he won’t be around to shoulder the blame when it becomes even more untenable.

The friction came to a head in early 2017 when senior officials offered Trump charts and graphics laying out the numbers and showing a “hockey stick” spike in the national debt in the not-too-distant future. In response, Trump noted that the data suggested the debt would reach a critical mass only after his possible second term in office.

“Yeah, but I won’t be here,” the president bluntly said, according to a source who was in the room when Trump made this comment during discussions on the debt.

And neither would Obama, Bush, Clinton or any other sitting President have been around when the ball finally explodes.

If that is so, you are a human blowfly.

Asawin Suebsaeng,
Lachlan Markay

And neither would Obama, Bush, Clinton or any other sitting President have been around when the ball finally explodes.

And you are an idiot.

I hope that is so, then we have six more years.

Since no one is interested in addressing the debt, might at least put it to good use. Build that wall and it will at least generate revenue for America for hundreds of years to come.
Walls do not create revenue dumb fuck!

Asawin Suebsaeng,
Lachlan Markay

And you are an idiot.
Claudette As a standing member of the trumpettes you shouldn't be calling anyone an idiot

Asawin Suebsaeng,
Lachlan Markay

And you are an idiot.
Claudette As a standing member of the trumpettes you shouldn't be calling anyone an idiot

Hey. If the shoe fits they need to wear it.
And his shoes fit really well.

Asawin Suebsaeng,
Lachlan Markay

Of course he won't be. He, like every other President, will kick it down the road. Let the next guy deal with it.

Trump only needs one term
Hopefully that's all he gets ALREADY 2+Trillion more in the hole during his short stay

O added about 3 trillion in his first two years.
If true lord do you remember the economy Republicans handed Obama??

I do and the recession O took over wasn't his fault.....however, running up 8 trillion more in debt was his fault.
I'm not sure where all of it went but our country and businesses did need help or we would have really been up shitz creek .. Low interest rates helped the recovery too NOW there was no reason for trump to put more oil on an economy that was already burning brightly imo

and instead of an improving slowly and surely economy we have a fluctuating shoot em from the hip economy with trump. An economy big business hates because they don't know how to provide for their future

Trump only needs one term
Hopefully that's all he gets ALREADY 2+Trillion more in the hole during his short stay

O added about 3 trillion in his first two years.
If true lord do you remember the economy Republicans handed Obama??

I do and the recession O took over wasn't his fault.....however, running up 8 trillion more in debt was his fault.
I'm not sure where all of it went but our country and businesses did need help or we would have really been up shitz creek .. Low interest rates helped the recovery too NOW there was no reason for trump to put more oil on an economy that was already burning brightly imo
The artificially low interest rates also helped fuel the real estate bubble.

If the market was allowed to react as it should have then interest rates would have rose and slowed down the hyperinflation of housing prices which would have put an end to the mortgage run ups and would have made mortgage derivatives less attractive

Trump noted that the data suggested the debt would reach a critical mass only after his possible second term in office.

----------------------

Trump looting the country.

Asked about all the debt, he says he doesn't care because he won't be here when it blows up.

Sounds just like him.
Thanks, Obama

Asawin Suebsaeng,
Lachlan Markay

He is completely correct.

Let's go back to FDR who had four terms, how much of his debt did he pay off?
Clinton who came closest to balancing a budget, how much did he pay down?
44 paid down how much?

For one moment let us consider something. If for the next six years we spent no more money to pay government employees, no money on the military, no money on welfare. If we spent every cent collected by taxes on paying down the debt we would still be in debt.

It is easy to talk about reducing the debt it is another thing entirely to reduce it. Some want more welfare, others want less. Some want more infrastructure spending, others want more spent on green energy. No one wants to make the real cuts to reduce spending. When ever there is talk of reducing benefits on anything there is a general outcry about how heartless it is.

If every Federal Reserve Note is borrowed into creation, where do you get the FRNs to pay the interest? You can't pull 11 marbles out of a bag that only contains 10. Putin kicked out the Rothschild and friends central bank and their debt is a pittance and isn't accruing due to a high interest rate. Shut down the Fed, audit it and return to an honest monetary system.

View attachment 233249

"Putin kicked out the Rothschild and friends central bank. .. . "

The last intel I had was that this is not so.

Interesting. Guess I haven't been paying attention. He must have paid off their debts eh? Got sick of their shit?

Wow, this certainly would explain a lot.

Balked out of the WB and IMF eh?

The "debt" is bullshit and simply numbers on a computer screen and is "owed" by USA.INC. If Wal-Mart went bankrupt, would you be partly responsible for that debt as well? USA.INC is nothing but a service providing entity that provides the 19 enumerated duties in a for profit venture per their corporate charter constitution. The Fed never loaned a fucking dime, they extended "credit" based on our labor and ability to pay an unconstitutional income tax.
This.

#LOLGOP #TooFunny #CLASSIC

I know SOOOOOOO much more than you because I have dedicated the time and effort to have the knowledge that I have attained. You are a commie loving ne'er-do-well that believes that leftard "gubermint" is the answer to all that ails the sheeple.

The fact is, you don't know diddly squat......FACT!

. . . well, to be fair, MarcATL has his heart in the right place. He believes that the way to make society work more smoothly is for there to be less inequality.

He just believes that government can FORCE people to be equal, which, we know, it can't.

ANYBODY Can you tell us where is the 10% cut for the middle class the lying pos in the WH promised before election??

Trump noted that the data suggested the debt would reach a critical mass only after his possible second term in office.

----------------------

Trump looting the country.

Asked about all the debt, he says he doesn't care because he won't be here when it blows up.

Sounds just like him.
Thanks, Obama

How EXACTLY is Trump raising the yearly deficits Obama's fault?

Forum List

Back