trump is trying to rewrite history....Russia was trying to help Hillary in 2016.

Executive order says he has the power to classify. It does not mean that he gets involved with the process of classification. It is delegated to others. Thus it is inferred that he can declassify if he so choose to do so.
I don't think that should be inferred.

Man and women have sex, she gets pregnant. Is it inferred that he can force abortion?

Now that's hardly a apples to apples comparison, I'll give you that... It's only there to show that just because you can do something, does not mean you have full control of the thing. There are processes to each.

So in the early day of his presidency , he had told the Russian ambassador classified information. His defenders said that he is the President and can declassify at will. Others say by making a boo boo and saying the wrong thing is not the way to declassify information.
I have no idea what you are talking about here... Unless there is evidence to support this one way or the other, I really don't care to know either.

But if you believe he does not have the power then I would say he does but it does not mean that he can blab anything he wants. when talking to someone. Declassification is a process with checks and balances.
I don't know if he does or not. It's why I'm asking.

Giving Trump such authority on classified material is like giving candy to a baby. its bad for them but how can they resist. There babies and have no will power.
They're. That statement doesn't help any case you have at all, it can only hurt it. And before there is any of that well it's just tit for tat because of "them over there"... I'm hoping I'm talking to the more rational of the two. I would say the same to them if I thought it meant anything.

well using the above story. that has been reported. It is clear what he said was classified. He should not have said it. It shows a lack of will power when trying to impress a Russian with information that is classified. That is my opinion. Saying things that they are not suppose to is an example of what a baby would do.

The Barr example where Barr was given power to declassify information concerning the Russian probe was given to him by Trump.

I considered inferred because there is nothing explicit that say he can declassify. It is implied that if he can classify which is clearly stated in executive order , then many believe he can declassify. The issue with the ambassador was that there was no formal process to declassify this information. He just blurted it out in a conversation. If anyone else had done that, then they would have been subjected to some type of disciplinary action. Yet he cannot be prosecuted for saying it.

numerous stories on this topic. . It just show that since he did leak classified information, if some else did that they would be prosecuted but since he is the president, it is generally inferred that he can declassify information. I don't agree with it but that what they say. Otherwise he could be prosecuted for divulging classified information.

numerous stories on this topic.
There were numerous stories on the Covington kids as well. The news organizations had the full video of it, and they CHOSE to mislead.

It just show that since he did leak classified information, if some else did that they would be prosecuted but since he is the president, it is generally inferred that he can declassify information.
It doesn't say someone else would be prosecuted... I do agree that as president he can't be prosecuted for it, as my belief.

But just because the president said something, that doesn't mean that he has declassified it. If the proof of what is said isn't released, then it hasn't been declassified. It was just the president saying something.

I mean if you or anyone else wants to think that everything that comes out of a presidents mouth is true, I guess you can do that. I don't.

There were numerous stories on the Covington kids as well. The news organizations had the full video of it, and they CHOSE to mislead.

It just show that since he did leak classified information, if some else did that they would be prosecuted but since he is the president, it is generally inferred that he can declassify information.
It doesn't say someone else would be prosecuted... I do agree that as president he can't be prosecuted for it, as my belief.

But just because the president said something, that doesn't mean that he has declassified it. If the proof of what is said isn't released, then it hasn't been declassified. It was just the president saying something.

I mean if you or anyone else wants to think that everything that comes out of a presidents mouth is true, I guess you can do that. I don't.

Well the question if he divulges classified information is it a crime.
18 U.S. Code § 798.Disclosure of classified information

Whoever knowingly and willfully communicates, furnishes, transmits, or otherwise makes available to an unauthorized person, or publishes, or uses in any manner prejudicial to the safety or interest of the United States or for the benefit of any foreign government to the detriment of the United States any classified information—

The term “classified information” means information which, at the time of a violation of this section, is, for reasons of national security, specifically designated by a United States Government Agency for limited or restricted dissemination or distribution;

Shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than ten years, or both.

Well the question if he divulges classified information is it a crime? The above clearly say it is.

Well the question if he divulges classified information is it a crime.
18 U.S. Code § 798.Disclosure of classified information

Whoever knowingly and willfully communicates, furnishes, transmits, or otherwise makes available to an unauthorized person, or publishes, or uses in any manner prejudicial to the safety or interest of the United States or for the benefit of any foreign government to the detriment of the United States any classified information—

The term “classified information” means information which, at the time of a violation of this section, is, for reasons of national security, specifically designated by a United States Government Agency for limited or restricted dissemination or distribution;

Shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than ten years, or both.

Well the question if he divulges classified information is it a crime? The above clearly say it is.
And then he pardons himself. *shrugs*

Forum List

Back