Trump is putting coal workers out of work

The way progressives "ban" things like this is to make Regulations so onerous that it makes it impossible to perform the industrial action economically.

Dems were going to regulate Coal into the ground. Trump didn't do that.

But here's the thing. Trump didn't put any new regulations, and repealled the ones that were there, and the Coal industry has continued to decline, anyway.

The real problem is, the technology is dirty and obsolete.
Correct.

The ‘industry’ is an anachronism from the 19th Century.

Workers need to come out of the mines and into the classroom to be trained for jobs relevant for the 21st Century.

Then why are excessive regulations needed to "kill it"?

No one had to ban the horse buggy, it just got replaced by the automobile. Faxes didn't have to be outlawed, they got replaced by email and PDF's.

It's hard to be profitable in coal mining when you are forced to actually do it safely.

Wrong. Coal mining is one of the most regulated industries out there, like most mining.

The regulations I was talking about were overbearing emission regulations for power plants, nothing to do with the mining.

It's hard to be profitable in coal mining when you are forced to actually do it safely.

Wrong. Coal mining is one of the most regulated industries out there, like most mining.

The regulations I was talking about were overbearing emission regulations for power plants, nothing to do with the mining.

I didn't say it wasn't regulated did I? I said it's very expensive being so. Heck, it cost our governor somewhere around $5 million if mine safety violation fee's. Personally I feel any mine hit that often should be shut down.

I didn't say it wasn't regulated did I? I said it's very expensive being so. Heck, it cost our governor somewhere around $5 million if mine safety violation fee's. Personally I feel any mine hit that often should be shut down.

Over how long a period of time?

Paperwork violations or procedure violations?

But Hillary wanted to make sure that fracking would be banned as well.
Democrats are basically domestic terrorists.
They want to destroy our economy....so cutting off our access to fossil-fuels was the ultimate goal.

Dems want to ban fossil fuels, period. They don't give a crap about how that will screw the poor and working class when energy prices soar through the roof. Dems are true assholes.

A lot of everything.

Facing Second Lawsuit From Federal Mine Regulators, Justice Coal Companies File Suit

But here's the thing. Trump didn't put any new regulations, and repealled the ones that were there, and the Coal industry has continued to decline, anyway.

Wrong, the OP's article cites, "more stringent air quality regulations, and weaker-than-expected demand for coal in Asia” as the primary sources of the industry’s current woes."

Keep in mind these dumb ass tree huggers don't have an alternative energy source that's inexpensive. When the idiots yap about natural gas ignore them because banning that is next on their list after oil.

Wrong, the OP's article cites, "more stringent air quality regulations, and weaker-than-expected demand for coal in Asia” as the primary sources of the industry’s current woes."

There is a weaker demand because like it or not the world is moving away from coal because it's dirty and becoming obsolete.

Donald Trump promised to revived the coal industry but instead he has been a nightmare for coworkers. Some big companies are even going bankrupt:

"Perhaps the most persuasive evidence of President’s Trump’s failure to revive the coal industry lies in the number of coal company bankruptcies and mine closings. As of Oct. 30, 2019, 11 companies, including the largest privately held operation, had declared bankruptcy since Trump’s inauguration. And according to the USEIA, more than half of all mines operating in 2008 had closed by the end of 2018. The consumption of renewable sources of energy surpassed coal consumption in 2019 for the first time in over 130 years, according to USEIA."

Coal miners are great people and I feel bad for them because they were conned into voting for Trump with the illusion that he would help them.
We heard a lot about Hillary being potentially really bad for coal workers but Donald Trump has been full of empty promises of greatness and resurgence.
They had a choice, Russian BS aside. So did the burbs in the Rust Belt, and they chose DJT. And now they are crying Covid-19 mismanagement from the WH and everything else from coal to no health benefits.
So you believe they would have done better under Hillary?

iu

The way progressives "ban" things like this is to make Regulations so onerous that it makes it impossible to perform the industrial action economically.

Dems were going to regulate Coal into the ground. Trump didn't do that.

Correct.

The ‘industry’ is an anachronism from the 19th Century.

Workers need to come out of the mines and into the classroom to be trained for jobs relevant for the 21st Century.
Yeah, Biden will teach these coal miners how to write code.

BWAHAHAHAHA!

Donald Trump promised to revived the coal industry but instead he has been a nightmare for coworkers. Some big companies are even going bankrupt:

"Perhaps the most persuasive evidence of President’s Trump’s failure to revive the coal industry lies in the number of coal company bankruptcies and mine closings. As of Oct. 30, 2019, 11 companies, including the largest privately held operation, had declared bankruptcy since Trump’s inauguration. And according to the USEIA, more than half of all mines operating in 2008 had closed by the end of 2018. The consumption of renewable sources of energy surpassed coal consumption in 2019 for the first time in over 130 years, according to USEIA."

Coal miners are great people and I feel bad for them because they were conned into voting for Trump with the illusion that he would help them.
We heard a lot about Hillary being potentially really bad for coal workers but Donald Trump has been full of empty promises of greatness and resurgence.
They had a choice, Russian BS aside. So did the burbs in the Rust Belt, and they chose DJT. And now they are crying Covid-19 mismanagement from the WH and everything else from coal to no health benefits.
So you believe they would have done better under Hillary?

iu

Hillary lost coal country because she stated she would put coal miners out of work. Under Trump we are simply working towards what she said she would do.

There is a weaker demand because like it or not the world is moving away from coal because it's dirty and becoming obsolete.

Said nobody in China.

A lot of everything.

Facing Second Lawsuit From Federal Mine Regulators, Justice Coal Companies File Suit

If you read the article these aren't about active Mine safety, but reclamation requirements for old or unused mines.

Said nobody in China.

Nobody?

Beijing shuts last coal-fired power plant in bid to clear air

A lot of everything.

If you read the article these aren't about active Mine safety, but reclamation requirements for old or unused mines.

No, it's one article and it states 100's of violations without mentioning all of them. Another candidate for governor even went to prison over his safety violations.

Former U.S. coal CEO gets year in prison for blast that killed 29

It should have been a life sentence.

Said nobody in China.

Nobody?

Beijing shuts last coal-fired power plant in bid to clear air

LMAO apparently you didn't read the 2nd line of your own link, "But capital still relies on polluting energy sources in other provinces for part of its energy needs "

Forum List

Back