Trump is Mis-managing Trade war like Bush mis-managed the war in Iraq

I said i support the trade war. BUT you have to win this war and you have to make the proper moves and decisions. Trump is not making the proper moves, and these manufacturers clearly demonstrate what is wrong.

Did you even read the article???? Probably not...

Again you can't hold Trump accountable, you just make excuses for him... sad... and pathetic.

It's an article from the radical left hate group NBC. Not much chance of rational thought.

We lost about 150,000 in Wilson's war, about 250,000 in FDR's war (an entire Army lost within 4 months), about 35-50,000 depending on statistics in Truman's grossly mismanaged 3 year fiasco in Korea and about 50,000 in LBJ's fraudulent war in Vietnam where he set the rules so we could win every battle and still lose the freaking war. Tell me again about Iraq?
Wait are you trying to claim that the Iraq war wasn't a total epic disaster? That doesn't make sense.
U.S. forces went further and faster and took more real estate with less casualties than any other conflict of it's kind in U.S. history. The Iraqi people hanged the tyrant. Where was the epic disaster?
What about Desert Storm? That was a war we actually won.

If you think that the war in Iraq was not a failure then I don't know what to tell you. I guess I just have higher standards for success than you. It seems you have really low standards in life, maybe that is why you haven't amounted to much??

Sounds like you're trying to convince yourself and others that it was a failure. I've said for years that W should have used iraq as a hedge against iran. W and O were neocons who ripped the ME through their never ending wars. They were stupid and could have accomplished 10x more had they resisted the urge to war it up.

You still haven't posted anything of merit.
We elected Trump to be our nation's ruler.

Thus it is our duty as American citizens to obey his commands. ... :cool:
So if one of the crazy wacko lib candidates like Liz Warren, Bernie Sanders, Kamala Harris, or Beto Rourke wins the election then you would obey their commands???

I'm going to criticize stupidity and failure from any party and I will be criticizing them while you sit around and obey their commands... have fun pledging $200 B to 3rd world countries to fight climate change...

We lost about 150,000 in Wilson's war, about 250,000 in FDR's war (an entire Army lost within 4 months), about 35-50,000 depending on statistics in Truman's grossly mismanaged 3 year fiasco in Korea and about 50,000 in LBJ's fraudulent war in Vietnam where he set the rules so we could win every battle and still lose the freaking war. Tell me again about Iraq?
Wait are you trying to claim that the Iraq war wasn't a total epic disaster? That doesn't make sense.
U.S. forces went further and faster and took more real estate with less casualties than any other conflict of it's kind in U.S. history. The Iraqi people hanged the tyrant. Where was the epic disaster?

If you think that the war in Iraq was not a failure then I don't know what to tell you. I guess I just have higher standards for success than you. It seems you have really low standards in life, maybe that is why you haven't amounted to much??

Sounds like you're trying to convince yourself and others that it was a failure. I've said for years that W should have used iraq as a hedge against iran. W and O were neocons who ripped the ME through their never ending wars. They were stupid and could have accomplished 10x more had they resisted the urge to war it up.
The vast majority of people think it was a failure. Only a small group of partisan, politically biased, morons think it was a success. A man is able to admit his mistakes, a bitch keeps blaming others. Even Trump said it was the Biggest failure in US history...

"The worst single mistake ever made in the history of our country: going into the Middle East, by President Bush”
-Trump

The vast majority of people think it was a failure. Only a small group of partisan, politically biased, morons think it was a success. A man is able to admit his mistakes, a bitch keeps blaming others. Even Trump said it was the Biggest failure in US history...

"The worst single mistake ever made in the history of our country: going into the Middle East, by President Bush”
-Trump

One could easily argue our involvement in ww1 and 2. Vietnam was a disaster. Iraq isn't even close although W was stupid for starting that one. Oh yeah, we shouldn't have even have been in korea in 50. The only wars that are truly justifiable are the revolutionary and civil war and Im not really sold on the civil war as slavery would have eventually gone away ie northwest ordinance and the excursions into the western united states, lewis and clark.

-Trump

One could easily argue our involvement in ww1 and 2. Vietnam was a disaster. Iraq isn't even close although W was stupid for starting that one. Oh yeah, we shouldn't have even have been in korea in 50. The only wars that are truly justifiable are the revolutionary and civil war.
I'll agree with you on some of that. WW2 was necessary because we were attacked, IMO.
Iraq wasn't as bad as Vietnam, but Iraq was insanely stupid for so many reasons, and Iraq has caused some serious problems for our country.

The epic disaster was that when Saddam was removed, that is when the Taliban came in and started to take over the country. Granted, Saddam was a very bad man and a dictator, but he only liked his brand of violence, he didn't like competition. When Saddam was in power, granted, there were lots of his people that suffered, but when he was removed, the people suffered even more under the Taliban.

You still haven't posted anything of merit.
We elected Trump to be our nation's ruler.

Thus it is our duty as American citizens to obey his commands. ... :cool:

We elected Trump to be the leader of this country, yes. That part is true. But, you got the other part backwards, the people don't work for the president, the president is supposed to work for the people. That means we are Trump's boss.

The war in Iraq. What a GOP Bush failure. These morons couldn't even win a war against a 2nd world country, as if that's so hard to do.

Right now Trump is doing the same thing with the trade war. I am somewhat supportive of the trade war, as we need to take a stand. But just like the war in Iraq there is a right way and a wrong way to do things, and these manufacturers explain what Trump is doing wrong and what he needs to do right (But Trump is too emotional and stupid to do it right).

'It's not a free market': These manufacturers say tariffs help level the playing field with China

Wilson sources some components from China that are subject to Trump’s tariffs. That means the company is paying a tax on those components, while the competition in China is not.

He supports slapping tariffs on Chinese-made drones so competitors in China do not have an unfair advantage. Impossible Aerospace pays tariffs on components it sources from China, such as lithium-ion batteries and AC motors. Gore says tariffs on Chinese-made drones should be higher than what he pays on the components.

A policy like this would help support American-made technology, he says, and create an incentive to keep manufacturing in the U.S., which would ultimately protect American intellectual property.

Put the tariffs on the proper goods (the competition). Don't put the tariffs on the components these manufacturers need to make the goods. Trump's blanket tariff policy is stupid. They need to be more strategic and more targeted protecting US companies, and hurting Chinese competition.

OK time for you all to make excuses for Trump because you can never criticize Mein Fuhrer and you can never hold GOP politicians accountable for any failures/mistakes. Meanwhile we have to watch trump fuck up, just like with Bush.

So this manufacture wants tariffs on his Chinese competitors but is whining about paying a tariff on the components he purchase from China...pretty sure TRUMP made it clear manufactures need to make their parts in America or find a supplier outside of China or they can pay the increasing tariffs.

If liberals were serious about climate change they would fully back TRUMP's trade war with China. They would fully support manufactures making as much as they can in the US.
Ok but the problem is that finding a new supplier means additional costs, which means they must increase the price on their goods even more, which means that the Chinese products are an even better deal and will sell even more. Your suggestion does nothing to help the US, it actually hurts us. Maybe you should try listening to the US companies and manufacturers who probably know more about this than you.

Why would finding a new supplier mean additional costs? Why doesn't this manufacture also view the tariffs on keyboard componates as a way to level out the playing field?
Because US suppliers would still cost more... Don't you think that company would buy components from US companies if it were cost effective? They aren't going to overpay for Chinese components if US companies sold the same thing for less? They stated they support a trade war, but they said the tariffs need to be more strategic. I'm wondering is your political bias so strong that you can't criticize bad policy?

Who said they had to find a US supplier? Sure it would be preferred, but there are plenty of other countries this manufacture could look to that would be competitive with China.

The epic disaster was that when Saddam was removed, that is when the Taliban came in and started to take over the country. Granted, When Saddam was in power, granted, there were lots of his people that suffered, but when he was removed, the people suffered even more under the Taliban.
You are slightly confused.

The Taliban ruled in Afghanistan and had nothing to do with Saddam and Iraq. ... :cool:

Democrats politicians may have interfered and stopped the U.S. military from completing the mission but the military operation was textbook.
AHAHAH!!!
yea the war in Iraq was textbook. What a great beacon of success that was. I hope all our wars are like the war in Iraq!!! Wow are you stupid or something?

Even Trump said the war in Iraq was a complete failure by Bush...

"The worst single mistake ever made in the history of our country: going into the Middle East, by President Bush.”
Trump
Maybe the crazy left unintentionally insults the greatest Military in the world or maybe the insult is intentional. The fact is that the Iraq adventure was freaking text book and no doubt West Point scholars will be studying it for decades if not centuries on how to do it right. So what the hell is the problem?

I’ve said many times that tariffs on China need to be raised. Yes, I agree that tariffs in this case need to be raised, but this company is using Chinese made parts, so I have little sympathy for them.
You seem to be missing the point of the article.

Tariffs on the chinese manufactured products need to be raised, tariffs on the components need to be lowered.
If this manufacturer uses US components then his costs go up even more and he is at a further disadvantage... resulting in even less sales for his business.

Wrong. Tariffs on the components need to go up. We should be manufacturing everything and not relying on communists and slave made goods.
So you think we should just cut ourselves off from the rest of the world, make our own goods and not export much of anything?

We should just concede the entire world market to other companies?? That's not good policy, and you can't have it both ways. We need a policy that gives our companies the best chance of competing at home and internationally.

You do realize that buying foreign made components lowers the costs of our goods to purchase?

Would you rather pay $80 for an AC unit or $120? $40k for a car or $45k? In the end international supply chain help keep our goods cheaper and more competitive on the world stage.

Your plan for isolationism would make our goods more expensive for us to purchase and make our goods uncompetitive on the world stage.

No you idiot, can’t you read?

We should cut ourselves off from COMMUNIST CHINA. Free trade with civilized and free nations is welcomed.
OK then why would any foreign company by our goods when they can just buy similar goods made by another country that cost way less? Those US manufacturers don't have any other options than to buy those components from China, if there were other viable options don't you think they would use them? If they buy from US suppliers then they would cost substantially more, making our goods cost much more, making them much less competitive in international markets. You don't seem to comprehend this simple fact.

All that needs to be done is grow a brain, listen to US manufacturers, and institute a tariff policy that hurts the chinese competition while making our US goods more competitive at home and abroad. The problem is you can't criticize mein fuhrer at all and are too biased to understand these simple facts.

Wow you are dense. No, if they are using Chinese made components, then the tariffs gets slapped on them too.

The ideal way is to get into a trade pact with allies for allow free and fair trade between them, while all agreeing to stay away from communist China, or to at least implement tariffs on them.

There are plenty of other non-communist third world countries that could be used for such manufacturing.

Should Elizabeth Warren demand that Julian Castro condemn all of his racist hate groups such as Raza Unida party, the Brown Berets, and MEChA before she asks him so be her VP running mate?

The lesson learned from past instances of a foreign power confronting the US is we can't afford to have a president who is afraid to send US troops to invade another nation in order to make them pay for their crimes against Americans. Today's Democrat leaders are pansies who don't have the guts to pull the trigger. We need leaders like Bush and Trump who are willing to make enemies like Iran pay a stiff and deadly price for their anti-American stances and their refusal to accept international norms when we press them on it.

The war in Iraq. What a GOP Bush failure. These morons couldn't even win a war against a 2nd world country, as if that's so hard to do.

Right now Trump is doing the same thing with the trade war. I am somewhat supportive of the trade war, as we need to take a stand. But just like the war in Iraq there is a right way and a wrong way to do things, and these manufacturers explain what Trump is doing wrong and what he needs to do right (But Trump is too emotional and stupid to do it right).

'It's not a free market': These manufacturers say tariffs help level the playing field with China

Wilson sources some components from China that are subject to Trump’s tariffs. That means the company is paying a tax on those components, while the competition in China is not.

He supports slapping tariffs on Chinese-made drones so competitors in China do not have an unfair advantage. Impossible Aerospace pays tariffs on components it sources from China, such as lithium-ion batteries and AC motors. Gore says tariffs on Chinese-made drones should be higher than what he pays on the components.

A policy like this would help support American-made technology, he says, and create an incentive to keep manufacturing in the U.S., which would ultimately protect American intellectual property.

Put the tariffs on the proper goods (the competition). Don't put the tariffs on the components these manufacturers need to make the goods. Trump's blanket tariff policy is stupid. They need to be more strategic and more targeted protecting US companies, and hurting Chinese competition.

OK time for you all to make excuses for Trump because you can never criticize Mein Fuhrer and you can never hold GOP politicians accountable for any failures/mistakes. Meanwhile we have to watch trump fuck up, just like with Bush.

So this manufacture wants tariffs on his Chinese competitors but is whining about paying a tariff on the components he purchase from China...pretty sure TRUMP made it clear manufactures need to make their parts in America or find a supplier outside of China or they can pay the increasing tariffs.

If liberals were serious about climate change they would fully back TRUMP's trade war with China. They would fully support manufactures making as much as they can in the US.
Ok but the problem is that finding a new supplier means additional costs, which means they must increase the price on their goods even more, which means that the Chinese products are an even better deal and will sell even more. Your suggestion does nothing to help the US, it actually hurts us. Maybe you should try listening to the US companies and manufacturers who probably know more about this than you.

Why would finding a new supplier mean additional costs? Why doesn't this manufacture also view the tariffs on keyboard componates as a way to level out the playing field?
Because US suppliers would still cost more... Don't you think that company would buy components from US companies if it were cost effective? They aren't going to overpay for Chinese components if US companies sold the same thing for less? They stated they support a trade war, but they said the tariffs need to be more strategic. I'm wondering is your political bias so strong that you can't criticize bad policy?

Who said they had to find a US supplier? Sure it would be preferred, but there are plenty of other countries this manufacture could look to that would be competitive with China.
No the problem is there is not for most of these smaller companies. China and the US are the only games in town. If this guy could find the components he needs for cheaper than it costs to get them from China don't you think he would just do that?? Some supplies are moving out of China, but there is a lot that just can't do it:
Why it matters: Global supply lines are entangled in China

You seem to be missing the whole point of the post. There is a right way to manage the trade war and a wrong way. If these US manufacturers say raise tariffs on these Chinese products, but lower them on the components and we will be better off, maybe we should listen to them as they probably know best about what their company needs to survive and grow. i want to win this trade war, and to win it, you need to make the best decisions. Trump is not doing that and is behaving very erratically.

Look at the war in Iraq, we could have easily won that war, if Bush would have made the right decisions. he fucked that thing up big time and created an epic mess. If Trumps screws this up, we go into a recession and then we are negotiating from a much weaker position, with many more problems.

You seem to be missing the point of the article.

Tariffs on the chinese manufactured products need to be raised, tariffs on the components need to be lowered.
If this manufacturer uses US components then his costs go up even more and he is at a further disadvantage... resulting in even less sales for his business.

Wrong. Tariffs on the components need to go up. We should be manufacturing everything and not relying on communists and slave made goods.
So you think we should just cut ourselves off from the rest of the world, make our own goods and not export much of anything?

We should just concede the entire world market to other companies?? That's not good policy, and you can't have it both ways. We need a policy that gives our companies the best chance of competing at home and internationally.

You do realize that buying foreign made components lowers the costs of our goods to purchase?

Would you rather pay $80 for an AC unit or $120? $40k for a car or $45k? In the end international supply chain help keep our goods cheaper and more competitive on the world stage.

Your plan for isolationism would make our goods more expensive for us to purchase and make our goods uncompetitive on the world stage.

No you idiot, can’t you read?

We should cut ourselves off from COMMUNIST CHINA. Free trade with civilized and free nations is welcomed.
OK then why would any foreign company by our goods when they can just buy similar goods made by another country that cost way less? Those US manufacturers don't have any other options than to buy those components from China, if there were other viable options don't you think they would use them? If they buy from US suppliers then they would cost substantially more, making our goods cost much more, making them much less competitive in international markets. You don't seem to comprehend this simple fact.

All that needs to be done is grow a brain, listen to US manufacturers, and institute a tariff policy that hurts the chinese competition while making our US goods more competitive at home and abroad. The problem is you can't criticize mein fuhrer at all and are too biased to understand these simple facts.

Wow you are dense. No, if they are using Chinese made components, then the tariffs gets slapped on them too.

The ideal way is to get into a trade pact with allies for allow free and fair trade between them, while all agreeing to stay away from communist China, or to at least implement tariffs on them.

There are plenty of other non-communist third world countries that could be used for such manufacturing.
That's not a reality today. We can move supply out of China, but that takes time. In the meantime, in order to win this trade war we need to do what is smart and right. To sit back and say fuck this company because they need to buy Chinese components to survive, well that is just stupidity. If this company could get it's components from some other 3rd world country don't you think they would just do that?? Something tells me this company knows what it needs to survive and grow.

I want to win this trade war, but you don't seem to comprehend that in order to win this trade war we must make the best decisions possible and make the smartest moves possible. If we go into recession we are then negotiating from a much weaker position. Trump needs to put the tariffs on in a way that they cause as much harm to China and as little harm to US companies. Trump simply isn't doing that.

You are so partisan and biased that you can't admit this. You'd rather go down in a flaming wreck than criticize your leader, and that is sad. Certainly not patriotic.

Bush fucked up the war in Iraq, but he could have easily won that war, had he been smarter. Trump can win this trade war, but he can also fuck it up, just like Bush did.

I kind of disagree.

Even though Bush lied, he got all of our allies to work together to invade Iraq. When going to war,that was the correct thing to do.

Trump has made enemies of all our trade allies. We are going it alone against China. Without the backing of our allies in a trade war, Trump won't even be able to buy off farmers. He'll be able to keep it up until they vote, but after that they're fucked. I'm sure many of them know it, considering Trump's history of stiffing workers.

The regime of China is like nazi,they threaten the world, Iraq is so small country compare with China,so co-op with Europe to against the Chinese communist party is necessary

Forum List

Back