Trump is Mis-managing Trade war like Bush mis-managed the war in Iraq

Exactly, you can't respond to my facts so you have to try and troll to avoid debating the issues. Almost everyone else is debating the issues, and responding to my post, you are the only one that seems to be having a problem here. This isn't that complicated why are you having such a hard time with it? You look really stupid right now.
I am really enjoying watching your meltdown. ... :thup:

We lost about 150,000 in Wilson's war, about 250,000 in FDR's war (an entire Army lost within 4 months), about 35-50,000 depending on statistics in Truman's grossly mismanaged 3 year fiasco in Korea and about 50,000 in LBJ's fraudulent war in Vietnam where he set the rules so we could win every battle and still lose the freaking war. Tell me again about Iraq?
Wait are you trying to claim that the Iraq war wasn't a total epic disaster? That doesn't make sense.

It wasn't compared to Vietnam. W and O are still idiots.

We lost about 150,000 in Wilson's war, about 250,000 in FDR's war (an entire Army lost within 4 months), about 35-50,000 depending on statistics in Truman's grossly mismanaged 3 year fiasco in Korea and about 50,000 in LBJ's fraudulent war in Vietnam where he set the rules so we could win every battle and still lose the freaking war. Tell me again about Iraq?
Wait are you trying to claim that the Iraq war wasn't a total epic disaster? That doesn't make sense.
U.S. forces went further and faster and took more real estate with less casualties than any other conflict of it's kind in U.S. history. The Iraqi people hanged the tyrant. Where was the epic disaster?

Exactly, you can't respond to my facts so you have to try and troll to avoid debating the issues. Almost everyone else is debating the issues, and responding to my post, you are the only one that seems to be having a problem here. This isn't that complicated why are you having such a hard time with it? You look really stupid right now.
I am really enjoying watching your meltdown. ... :thup:
If you say so. I'm enjoying watching you embarrass yourself. Everybody else seems to be able to handle this debate, you on the other hand can't keep up. Get back to us when you can actually make a point or say something meaningful.
:290968001256257790-final:

Last edited:
The war in Iraq. What a GOP Bush failure. These morons couldn't even win a war against a 2nd world country, as if that's so hard to do.

Right now Trump is doing the same thing with the trade war. I am somewhat supportive of the trade war, as we need to take a stand. But just like the war in Iraq there is a right way and a wrong way to do things, and these manufacturers explain what Trump is doing wrong and what he needs to do right (But Trump is too emotional and stupid to do it right).

'It's not a free market': These manufacturers say tariffs help level the playing field with China

Wilson sources some components from China that are subject to Trump’s tariffs. That means the company is paying a tax on those components, while the competition in China is not.

He supports slapping tariffs on Chinese-made drones so competitors in China do not have an unfair advantage. Impossible Aerospace pays tariffs on components it sources from China, such as lithium-ion batteries and AC motors. Gore says tariffs on Chinese-made drones should be higher than what he pays on the components.

A policy like this would help support American-made technology, he says, and create an incentive to keep manufacturing in the U.S., which would ultimately protect American intellectual property.

Put the tariffs on the proper goods (the competition). Don't put the tariffs on the components these manufacturers need to make the goods. Trump's blanket tariff policy is stupid. They need to be more strategic and more targeted protecting US companies, and hurting Chinese competition.

OK time for you all to make excuses for Trump because you can never criticize Mein Fuhrer and you can never hold GOP politicians accountable for any failures/mistakes. Meanwhile we have to watch trump fuck up, just like with Bush.

Maybe they should stop using Chinese made components.

Just wondering, did you even read the article?

If so then explain to us how these US manufacturers can compete against Chinese manufacturers that can significantly undercut his price? Using US made components would further add to his costs, that is not going to help anything.

I’ve said many times that tariffs on China need to be raised. Yes, I agree that tariffs in this case need to be raised, but this company is using Chinese made parts, so I have little sympathy for them.
You seem to be missing the point of the article.

Tariffs on the chinese manufactured products need to be raised, tariffs on the components need to be lowered.
If this manufacturer uses US components then his costs go up even more and he is at a further disadvantage... resulting in even less sales for his business.

Wrong. Tariffs on the components need to go up. We should be manufacturing everything and not relying on communists and slave made goods.
So you think we should just cut ourselves off from the rest of the world, make our own goods and not export much of anything?

We should just concede the entire world market to other companies?? That's not good policy, and you can't have it both ways. We need a policy that gives our companies the best chance of competing at home and internationally.

You do realize that buying foreign made components lowers the costs of our goods to purchase?

Would you rather pay $80 for an AC unit or $120? $40k for a car or $45k? In the end international supply chain help keep our goods cheaper and more competitive on the world stage.

Your plan for isolationism would make our goods more expensive for us to purchase and make our goods uncompetitive on the world stage.

He supports slapping tariffs on Chinese-made drones so competitors in China do not have an unfair advantage. Impossible Aerospace pays tariffs on components it sources from China, such as lithium-ion batteries and AC motors.
If American made parts are available then it is hypocritical to support tariffs on your own Chinese competitors, but against them when it comes to American suppliers' competitors. I too would like to see manufacturing brought back to USA. I'm far from an expert and so I'll be basing my judgement of Trump's handling of this effort on his results of lowering our foreign trade deficit.
The one thing you need to consider is that using foreign supply chains for our simple and cheap components makes the cost of our goods substantially lower and makes our goods competitive on the world stage.

Would you rather pay $80 for an AC unit or $120? $40k for a car or $45k? On top of that you are making our goods uncompetitive on the world stage and restricting sales, which grows our companies.

China is a rotten, no good country that can't be trusted. That's why it's great that Trump is playing Xi like a fiddle. 1.3 billion stressed Chinamen going through soy sauce withdraw was never going to be easy for Xi. Yeah, old Trumpy has the yella' fella' on the run.
Not according to the article I posted and to US manufacturers. I think you should read it.

'It's not a free market': These manufacturers say tariffs help level the playing field with China

In the end, Bush couldn't win a war against a 2nd world country because he mismanaged that war. trump is mismanaging this trade war. He needs to be more strategic with the tariffs, raising them on some goods and lower them on others, that way they are most effective.

A smart leader knows these things and according to the US manufacturers in the article (who all support a trade war) Trump needs to do better. I guess you can ignore these manufacturers or maybe we can try listening to them and doing what is best.

It wasn't compared to Vietnam. W and O are still idiots.
Vietnam was worse (but that is a pretty low bar), but that doesn't mean Iraq wasn't an absolute disaster as well. To say that it is acceptable to have such a terribly mismanaged war in Iraq, because it wasn't as bad as Vietnam is stupidity.

Try to have some standards of success. Try to hold our elected officials accountable for their actions. I guess I just have higher standards than you.

Why do you consider it a disaster? Actual combat only lasted a few weeks. In Desert Storm, it only lasted 100 hours.

It was the peace that we did not win.

The war in Iraq. What a GOP Bush failure. These morons couldn't even win a war against a 2nd world country, as if that's so hard to do.

Right now Trump is doing the same thing with the trade war. I am somewhat supportive of the trade war, as we need to take a stand. But just like the war in Iraq there is a right way and a wrong way to do things, and these manufacturers explain what Trump is doing wrong and what he needs to do right (But Trump is too emotional and stupid to do it right).

Wilson sources some components from China that are subject to Trump’s tariffs. That means the company is paying a tax on those components, while the competition in China is not.

He supports slapping tariffs on Chinese-made drones so competitors in China do not have an unfair advantage. Impossible Aerospace pays tariffs on components it sources from China, such as lithium-ion batteries and AC motors. Gore says tariffs on Chinese-made drones should be higher than what he pays on the components.

A policy like this would help support American-made technology, he says, and create an incentive to keep manufacturing in the U.S., which would ultimately protect American intellectual property.

Put the tariffs on the proper goods (the competition). Don't put the tariffs on the components these manufacturers need to make the goods. Trump's blanket tariff policy is stupid. They need to be more strategic and more targeted protecting US companies, and hurting Chinese competition.

OK time for you all to make excuses for Trump because you can never criticize Mein Fuhrer and you can never hold GOP politicians accountable for any failures/mistakes. Meanwhile we have to watch trump fuck up, just like with Bush.

A bullshit post by an ignoramus. NEXT!

GWB handled the Iraq War just fine. It was the Democrats causing the problems there.
Right, the democrats weren't Commander in Chief from 2000-2008. Ultimately, Bush made every decision in that war and even declared himself "the Decider" remember that? Remember.

Really you can't take responsibility for your actions or hold the politician you vote for accountable. Everything is always somebody else's fault... pathetic. It's never your fault. You sound pathetic.
Here's a tip don't invest in the stock market because you are going to lose all your money then you are going to sue the brokerage to try and get your money back- people actually do this. People like you that blame all their problems on somebody else and can never admit fault for anything in life.

So this manufacture wants tariffs on his Chinese competitors but is whining about paying a tariff on the components he purchase from China...pretty sure TRUMP made it clear manufactures need to make their parts in America or find a supplier outside of China or they can pay the increasing tariffs.

If liberals were serious about climate change they would fully back TRUMP's trade war with China. They would fully support manufactures making as much as they can in the US.

U.S. forces went further and faster and took more real estate with less casualties than any other conflict of it's kind in U.S. history. The Iraqi people hanged the tyrant. Where was the epic disaster?
What about Desert Storm? That was a war we actually won.

If you think that the war in Iraq was not a failure then I don't know what to tell you. I guess I just have higher standards for success than you. It seems you have really low standards in life, maybe that is why you haven't amounted to much??

Trump is Mis-managing Trade war like Bush mis-managed the war in Iraq

How would you do it differently? You got nothing right, shocker now shut the hell up.
AHAHA!!! What an ignorant post.

Maybe you should try and read the post I made where I clearly explain what needs to be done and show where US manufacturers say what needs to be done. According to these US manufacturers they all say that we need a trade war, we just need to manage it better and could manage it better if Trump raised tariffs on certain goods and lowered them on others. We need to be strategic with the tariffs. Trump is mismanaging this trade war just like Bush mismanaged the war in Iraq, and how'd that turn out??
:290968001256257790-final:

Forum List

Back