Trump is considering ending Japan Defense Pact

xyz

Gold Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bloomberg - Are you a robot?

It does not one bit surprise me that Trump is not interested in defending Japan.

His allies are dictators like Kim Jong Un and Putin. He would even prefer the Chinese because "he likes strong leaders".

Trump is a danger to the US and the whole world, and he is proving it by his acts. Every day this traitor is changing the course of US politics and the US's alliances.

It does not one bit surprise me that Trump is not interested in defending Japan.

His allies are dictators like Kim Jong Un and Putin. He would even prefer the Chinese because "he likes strong leaders".

Trump is a danger to the US and the whole world, and he is proving it by his acts. Every day this traitor is changing the course of US politics and the US's alliances.
You know what? This is getting a little scary. Why is Trump pulling out of every alliance and deal we've got? What is his real goal here? This is too many to be just "cleaning things up."
Who said this guy isn't isolationist? Can we go by what he's up to?

You know what? This is getting a little scary. Why is Trump pulling out of every alliance and deal we've got? What is his real goal here? This is too many to be just "cleaning things up."

His goal is to weaken America as much as possible, which will in turn usher in globalism at a much faster rate.

Probably a tactic to increase protection funding from Japan and/or, to force them to spend billions on U.S jet fighters.

Once he says he is doing so publicly, then the debate is fair, right now, this is just speculation.

I'm not sure he's isolationist. He would like to be closer to Russia. I wouldn't be surprised if he has investment plans in North Korea. He likely still has investments in Saudi Arabia. He definitely has a Trump Tower in Manila.

I'm not sure he's isolationist. He would like to be closer to Russia. I wouldn't be surprised if he has investment plans in North Korea. He likely still has investments in Saudi Arabia. He definitely has a Trump Tower in Manila.

If you believe this, couldn't he make a great amount of money in Japan? Far more than he would make in N Korea or the Philippines

The Japanese love America and they have money to spend.

If you believe this, couldn't he make a great amount of money in Japan? Far more than he would make in N Korea or the Philippines

Japan's expensive. You can't buy cheap in Japan.

Japan's expensive. You can't buy cheap in Japan.

You were suggesting his investment plans. Couldn't he get a sweetheart deal by using some political backroom leverage with Japan or someone else?

Probably a tactic to increase protection funding from Japan and/or, to force them to spend billions on U.S jet fighters.

Once he says he is doing so publicly, then the debate is fair, right now, this is just speculation.
So does that mean that Japan is no longer bound by its constitution vowing not to go to war? Does that mean that Japan's military is no longer on the leash? This agreement goes both ways. Does Trump know this?

Japan is strong enough to take care of themselves. How long are we supposed to defend these countries ?

So does that mean that Japan is no longer bound by its constitution vowing not to go to war? Does that mean that Japan's military is no longer on the leash? This agreement goes both ways. Does Trump know this?
He has said this years ago, that he would like Japan to have nuclear weapons.

He hasn't pulled out of a treaty like that yet though, he is just talking about it. Like he hasn't pulled out of NATO either. He has pulled out of the Paris accord, but that is not a military treaty.

"A lopsided plan that needs to be changed". How did Bloomberg interpret the word "changed" to mean "ended"? If we say "the baby needs to be changed" do we mean "the baby needs to be ended"? Lefties love it because it ramps up their anger and hatred.

Well I believe that Trump is simply trying to reduce the Military budget which is a business perspective but I guess the military business would protest to much

The US has X number of bases in Japan and Germany and it cost money.

Japan and Germany economies due so well is because they have low military spending and they can divert this money to other resources

The discussion needs to be - are military basis in these countries still needed. WW 2 ended over 50 years ago

Russia is more of a threat than Japan or German is. NK is more of a matter visa a laughing matter than Japan or German.

Still Trump rhetoric has always been dishing long established allies while holding hands with less than desirable people. Is there a clear logic to his motives well no his motives are all self servicing.

• Thanks
Reactions: xyz
Trump sees the bad defense deals all over the world, and will strengthen them, not weaken them.
1. The US borrows $25b a year to defend the EU while Germany buys gas from Russia to fund their military?! WTF?
2. Trump wants NATO member to live up to their military spending commitments, NATO agrees
3. Trump sees that Japan does not spend enough on its military. Japan needs to get a military and enter a mutual defense agreement. Totally agree with Trump
4. If China wants to invade and occupy Taiwan, don't we want Japan there as an ally?
5. If China and Japan get into a scrape over the Chinese bases

Japan Dials Up Pressure on China Over Southeast Asian Sea
“Clearly Japan wants to send a message to Beijing that China doesn’t get to do anything it wants in the South China Sea,” said Jeffrey Kingston, history instructor at Temple University Japan. “They are forging relationships with other nations in the region, conducting joint naval exercises, all of this to in a way show Beijing that we are not going to just let you claim the South China Sea as Lake China.”

lets consider everything Trump has considered, then consider him full of shit.

every one of his considerations is subject to change in an hour -

yawnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Japan is strong enough to take care of themselves. How long are we supposed to defend these countries ?

We are not there for them, dumbass. We are there on behalf of America's interests. And Japan (like S Korea) does pay part of the cost of hosting our forces there.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: xyz
I think Japan and S Korea are capable of handling more or their defense

Are you this stupid....or do you just play this stupid on the internet?

Trump has done more against putin and china than you buddy obama and the rest of the establishment ever did.

And, moron, you missed this part......you moron.....

He wants Japan to pledge to help us if we ever have to go to war........wow, you guys think that is a bad thing? You really are stupid.

And as a check on China, you mope....Japan should start re-arming........

Trump regards the accord as too one-sided because it promises U.S. aid if Japan is ever attacked, but doesn’t oblige Japan’s military to come to America’s defense, the people said.

Forum List

Back