Trump Impeachments Were Unfair, Unprecedented, and Unconstitutional

My statement was based on why they didn't charge him after the report was submitted and he was still president.
Ah -- you intentionally presented a response you knew to be false.
Or, you failed to comprehend the questions I asked.

Either way, I'll ask again:
- Why didn't the Democrats impeach him for those 10 counts?
- Why haven't they charged him since he left office?

Ah -- you intentionally presented a response you knew to be false.
Or, you failed to comprehend the questions I asked.

Agreed. It was the latter. My bad.

Either way, I'll ask again:
- Why didn't the Democrats impeach him for those 10 counts?
- Why haven't they charged him since he left office?
As in the obove post, perhaps to not divide the country further but I am not familiar with any official statement so I do not why they didn't charge him.

As in the obove post, perhaps to not divide the country further but I am not familiar with any official statement so I do not why they didn't charge him.
The Democrats impeached him twice, and are actively trying to prosecute for everything they can think of - thus, your response seems rather unlikely.

The Democrats impeached him twice, and are actively trying to prosecute for everything they can think of - thus, your response seems rather unlikely.
The same could be said of the repub party toward Hillary. Charging her was a campaign platform.

Russia INTERFERED in the 2016 elections. AND the 2020 elections.
Never a hoax.
--------

Intelligence officials have reportedly found that Russia is interfering in the 2020 elections to try to support President Trump’s reelection, while also meddling in the Democratic primaries to help Sen. Bernie Sanders’ campaign. The reports have not revealed details about what actions Russia is taking or their scope, but my analysis of social media activity exposes some examples.

I found that social media accounts linked to the Internet Research Agency (IRA), the Kremlin-linked company behind an influence campaign that targeted the 2016 elections, have indeed already begun their digital campaign to interfere in the 2020 presidential election. And they are getting even more brazen in tactics, as a sample of new posts shows.

In September 2019, just a few months ahead of the Democratic primaries, I noticed some posts on Instagram that appeared to use the strategies and tactics very similar to those of the IRA that I observed in my research on Russian interference in the 2016 elections on social media. A few weeks later, Facebook announced that it had taken down about 75,000 posts across 50 IRA-linked accounts from Facebook (one account) and Instagram (50 accounts).

My team at Project DATA (Digital Ad Tracking & Analysis) happened to capture some of these posts on Instagram before Facebook removed them. We identified 32 accounts that exhibited the attributes of the IRA, and 31 of them were later confirmed to be the IRA-linked accounts by Graphika, a social media analysis firm commissioned by Facebook to examine the accounts.

Some strategies and tactics for election interference were the same as before. Russia’s trolls pretended to be American people, including political groups and candidates. They tried to sow division by targeting both the left and right with posts to foment outrage, fear, and hostility. Much of their activity seemed designed to discourage certain people from voting. And they focused on swing states.

But the IRA’s approach is evolving. Its trolls have gotten better at impersonating candidates and parties, more closely mimicking logos of official campaigns. They have moved away from creating their own fake advocacy groups to mimicking and appropriating the names of actual American groups. And they’ve increased their use of seemingly nonpolitical content and commercial accounts, hiding their attempts to build networks of influence.

Continuing the same strategies and tactics

Overall, the IRA appears to still employ many of the same strategies and tactics as in 2016: posing as domestic actors, the IRA targeted both sides of the ideological spectrum with wedge issues. Especially noticeable were same-side candidate attacks (i.e., an “in-kind candidate attack” targeting the likely voters of the candidate), a type of voter suppression strategy designed to break the coalition of one side or the other.

The MSM interfered in the election a hell of a lot more than muh "Russia". They ran with the fake FBI CIA manufactured dossier. Then the rigged Muller investigation.

The MSM interfered in the election a hell of a lot more than muh "Russia". They ran with the fake FBI CIA manufactured dossier. Then the rigged Muller investigation.
You think it was election interference that they covered the Republican investigation in the news?

Doesn't seem like sound logic.

Thanks, I found the interview.

He said he didn't want to divide the country by going after Hillary.

I wonder if that is why the DoJ won't go after Trump for obstruction charges?

• Nov. 20, 2018
WASHINGTON — President Trump told the White House counsel in the spring that he wanted to order the Justice Department to prosecute two of his political adversaries: his 2016 challenger, Hillary Clinton, and the former F.B.I. director James B. Comey, according to two people familiar with the conversation.
The lawyer, Donald F. McGahn II, rebuffed the president, saying that he had no authority to order a prosecution. Mr. McGahn said that while he could request an investigation, that too could prompt accusations of abuse of power. To underscore his point, Mr. McGahn had White House lawyers write a memo for Mr. Trump warning that if he asked law enforcement to investigate his rivals, he could face a range of consequences, including possible impeachment.

Not a red herring. I simply proposed that the reason they didn't charge Hillary is the same as why Trump wasn't charged.
This was addressed - the Democrats impeached Trump twice and have been working as hard as they can to prosecute him for something.
So, there must be some other reason the Democrats did not impeach him, or prosecute him, for the obstruction supposely proven by the Mueller report.

Forum List

Back