Trump: I don't need celebrities at inauguration, just 'the people'

Gotta suck for him; he spent 20 years of his life trying to winnow his way into their world and they are still rejecting him….

They’ll come around eventually…he’s not much but he’s the only president we’ve got and, oh yeah, there are a bunch of TV cameras pointed in his direction.
Yeah Candyass, you go with that. Trump's life really sucks without the validation of the phony lefty entertainers. How many have even had as successful a show? Fact the celebs were behind Hillary, they really helped huh? How about the ones pushing for a electoral vote rebellion? Hillary lost 5, Trump lost 2.

His appeal was not geared towards leftwing elitism. He didn't need them then. He doesn't need them now. I have no idea how or why liberals wrap so much importance around entertainers.

he he he….

Trump is a retired member of the Screen Actors Guild—the UNION that represents the people you DESPISE.

The transition team and his inaugural committee solicited the celebs; not the other way around.
I dispise liars like you. Never said I dispised entertainers. What does the SAG or unions have to do with it? How insane.

Your boy Trump is a member of union. Yep, that’s right. The thing you guys hate most..he’s a member of. Betcha didn’t know that.

And the people you despise most as a profession—actors—he’s desperately trying to be a member of their club. Too bad; so sad.

You should really study up on your messiah better.
I never said I despised unions, actors or entertainers. You are a smear monger and people are sick of your stupid shit. Being in a union is supposed to mean what? You make no sense.

I'm just curious as to who is actually organizing the inaugural events. Who are the organizers and are they actually part of the Trump establishment. I think Trump is far too involved in the takeover than ceremonial events. I know Congress organizes the actual swearing in. @ Home | The Joint Congressional Committee on Inaugural Ceremonies
The official website is @ Presidential Inauguration 2017 | USAGov
And here's this @ The 58th Presidential Inauguration The 58th Presidential Inauguration

So, instead of 10 fancy balls, there will only be 3.

I know for a fact, having helped organize the military participation in President Reagan's inaugural, that a huge amount of organizing goes into the parade from the Capitol to the White House.

I'm just curious as to who is actually organizing the inaugural events. Who are the organizers and are they actually part of the Trump establishment. I think Trump is far too involved in the takeover than ceremonial events. I know Congress organizes the actual swearing in. @ Home | The Joint Congressional Committee on Inaugural Ceremonies
The official website is @ Presidential Inauguration 2017 | USAGov
And here's this @ The 58th Presidential Inauguration The 58th Presidential Inauguration

So, instead of 10 fancy balls, there will only be 3.

I know for a fact, having helped organize the military participation in President Reagan's inaugural, that a huge amount of organizing goes into the parade from the Capitol to the White House.

The National Park service organizes the parade. To my knowledge, they do not solicit participants, but have veto power over the KKK, etc. usually, a lot of high school bands end up mixed in, but as of the first of the month, none have requested to be included.

Trump's transition team has been requesting A level entertainment at the balls. So far, it appears that Trump will have to be content with the Rockettes. Great pussy grabbing opportunities, though. One would hope that Trump would be as discreet as JFK about that, but i doubt it.

I’m surprised there aren’t like a million Nashville types clamoring for the job. That’s their demographic. Anyway. I hope the weather is good and they have a nice inauguration regardless. Say what you want about the man and the policies and what have you; you go through hell running for President. He won. He deserves a nice coronation.

So he didn't get the ice cream like a little kid ......... He threw it up there ............ I don't need them.
It's not me who is doing all the these tantrum but its your buddy Trump. I'm just relating it for you what he has done.

I’m surprised there aren’t like a million Nashville types clamoring for the job. That’s their demographic. Anyway. I hope the weather is good and they have a nice inauguration regardless. Say what you want about the man and the policies and what have you; you go through hell running for President. He won. He deserves a nice coronation.

So he didn't get the ice cream like a little kid ......... He threw it up there ............ I don't need them.
It's not me who is doing all the these tantrum but its your buddy Trump. I'm just relating it for you what he has done.

My buddy?

Nice to hear Trump say that about just needing the citizens. The only part of these inaugurations I ever pay attention to is the swearing in and the Inauguration speeches. And I really don't expect much more from the speech other than a pep talk. I look at it as a day all America comes together and except for extremely partisan folks everybody is rather polite. Concerning politics, I'm far more interested in Trump's first State of the Union message which is really where we get down to some serious business and the show hits the road.

I can't believe no celebrities will come

Country Western singers love Trump even though he hates their music
WWE Wrestlers love Trump

When you think about it, everyone else out numbers the celebrities anyways. :) :) :)

God bless you and our new leader always!!! :) :) :)

Holly
I can't believe James Otto will not sing for Trump

He is bigger than Beyoncé

Never heard of him. Can't believe Lee Greenwood, Little Big Town, that dope who has the 2nd Amendment tattooed on his back, and those other Nashville luminaries are not lining up to perform

^^^ James had the #1 country song of 2008 and even though it is his only big song right now as a singer, I love him. :) :) :)

When you think about it, everyone else out numbers the celebrities anyways. :) :) :)

Holly

James never once said such a thing. The beautiful precious did however say this on his Face Book page when the election was going on. :) :) :)

On November 7th:

This election has brought out the absolute worst in people. I've seen people I respect act in ways that makes me question my admiration for them. Our republics image has been damaged at home and abroad due to this ridiculous behavior. I'm beyond over it. I'd like to believe that after tomorrow it's gonna get better, but I don't believe the wounds created by the hatred hurled around during this election will disappear no matter who is elected. America has some serious soul searching to do if we are gonna have any hope of unity, and unity is what we truly need. We are not strong enough to tackle the vast number of problems we face divided.

On November 8th:

I will place my vote today and anxiously await the announcement of who the new president will be. I hope for my pick to win but I will support whomever is declared the victor. Time for America to move on and heal.

God bless you two and James and our new leader always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

P.S. Thank you so much for mentioning him, by the way, Right Winger. :) :) :)

^^^ James had the #1 country song of 2008 and even though it is his only big song right now as a singer, I love him. :) :) :)

Holly

James never once said such a thing. The beautiful precious did however say this on his Face Book page when the election was going on. :) :) :)

On November 7th:

This election has brought out the absolute worst in people. I've seen people I respect act in ways that makes me question my admiration for them. Our republics image has been damaged at home and abroad due to this ridiculous behavior. I'm beyond over it. I'd like to believe that after tomorrow it's gonna get better, but I don't believe the wounds created by the hatred hurled around during this election will disappear no matter who is elected. America has some serious soul searching to do if we are gonna have any hope of unity, and unity is what we truly need. We are not strong enough to tackle the vast number of problems we face divided.

On November 8th:

I will place my vote today and anxiously await the announcement of who the new president will be. I hope for my pick to win but I will support whomever is declared the victor. Time for America to move on and heal.

God bless you two and James and our new leader always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

P.S. Thank you so much for mentioning him, by the way, Right Winger. :) :) :)

Never heard of him.

Any idea who the Country crooner is that has the 2nd Amendment tattooed on his back?

^^^ James also co-wrote the following songs. :) :) :)

"In Color"-Jamey Johnson (2009 ACM and CMA Song of the Year and nominated that year for the Best Country Song Grammy award)
"No Hurry"-Zac Brown Band (peaked at #2 in 2012)
"Holdin' Her"-Chris Janson (his current song on the radio)

Brantley Gilbert is the one with the 2nd Amendment on his back. :) :) :)

God bless you and him and James always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

These persons will definitively not invited to the Trump inauguration:

220px-Elton_John_2011_Shankbone_2.JPG

Obama-muslim-copy.jpg

merkel-migration-400x267.jpeg

hqdefault.jpg

abu-bakr-al-baghdadi_416x416.jpg

All the Musicians Who Have Reportedly Turned Down an Invitation to Perform at Donald Trump’s Presidential Inauguration

All the Musicians Who Have Reportedly Turned Down an Invitation to Perform at Donald Trump’s Presidential Inauguration

22-musicians-decline-trump.w529.h352.jpg

Elton John
Despite a member of Trump's transition team confidently announcing that John would be performing at the inauguration, John's reps were quick to deny the claim with a curt statement: "Incorrect. He will not be performing." John had previously expressed his anger with the president-elect when Trump used "Tiny Dancer" on the campaign trail without his permission this year, amusingly saying, "I’m not a Republican in a million years. Why not ask Ted fucking Nugent?"

Céline Dion
Despite Trump utilizing the help of noted Las Vegas hotelier Steve Wynn to entice Dion to perform at the inauguration — she currently has a critically adored residency at The Colosseum at Caesars Palace — Dion strongly refused the advances.

Andrea Bocelli
There are two different narratives as to why the famed Italian tenor will not be performing at the inauguration. A member of Trump's inauguration committee says Bocelli made the original offer to sing and was rejected by Trump; on the other hand, "Page Six"'s sources report that Bocelli backed out after being offered the gig due to substantial backlash.

Kiss
According to Kiss front man Gene Simmons's wife, Shannon Tweed, Simmons was asked if the hard rockers would perform at the inauguration, but the band will be on tour in Europe during that time. "They asked and he politely declined," Tweed explained, with Simmons himself adding, "I think people should get over it and move on. He's our president and that's it, end of story."

Garth Brooks
Like Dion, country superstar Brooks was reportedly approached and wooed by Wynn to perform, but ultimately declined an offer.

David Foster
The Canadian musician and producer, who has been on friendly terms with Trump for many years, was invited to help with the inauguration festivities in numerous capacities. He told People: "I was invited to participate and I politely declined." Per the Washington Post, Foster's main reason for rejecting the offer was reportedly so he didn't risk angering the big Hillary Clinton supporters of his charity.

Forum List

Back