Trump fires Mattis

So, I talk trash to my employer and say I'm going to quit, in a little over two months...And my employer says; "why wait, GTFO now".

And that's supposed to come as a big surprise?

ShockedFace.jpg

Mattis joins the long list of rightwing heroes to be decried as a RINO :laugh:

How long until Trump joins that list, I wonder?

So, I talk trash to my employer and say I'm going to quit, in a little over two months...And my employer says; "why wait, GTFO now".

View attachment 236364
Actually yes. We are not talking about flipping burgers or whatever the hell you do. We are talking about the leadership of a several hundred billion dollar department. A department that deals in NATIONAL SECURITY on the grandest scale. A department that is well served by, if not the same leadership then at the very least an orderly transition of leadership.

View attachment 236364
Actually yes. We are not talking about flipping burgers or whatever the hell you do. We are talking about the leadership of a several hundred billion dollar department. A department that deals in NATIONAL SECURITY on the grandest scale. A department that is well served by, if not the same leadership then at the very least an orderly transition of leadership.
Yeah, and your point is?

We regularly have a number of federal bureaucracies that continue to function without a figurehead, mostly during the changing of regimes every 4-8 years.

Grow the forkup.

View attachment 236364
Yeah, and your point is?

We regularly have a number of federal bureaucracies that continue to function without a figurehead, mostly during the changing of regimes every 4-8 years.

Grow the forkup.
Yes and every one of those election cycles there is a TRANSITION period. For the simple reason that the complexities of the job mean that it simply is best, to allow time for the new person to be worked in and be briefed properly by his predecessor.

Yes and every one of those election cycles there is a TRANSITION period. For the simple reason that the complexities of the job mean that it simply is best, to allow time for the new person to be worked in and be briefed properly by his predecessor.
Well, we're in another such transition period...There are a slew of toadies at the senior levels of the War Department, who can carry on the day-to-day bidness of the military-industrial complex...Deal with it.

Mattis is a great general who didn't want Obama's war in Syria to end.

Obama's ISIS forces are defeated, America has no interest in staying in Syria.

Trump is right, Mattis is wrong.

Trump is ceding Syria to his master, Putin.

This is not a good thing. It might be the right policy call, but you discuss policy calls with your senior advisers.
There are so many players in Syria that this idiotic claim goes beyond absurd.

Let me guess; you have mommy check under your bed every night, to make sure that Putin isn't hiding under there to get you? :auiqs.jpg:

Donald Trump unexpectedly fired his Secretary of Defense before his schedule resignation date of February 28th, because Mattis made him angry.
Trump, Angry Over Mattis’s Rebuke, Removes Him 2 Months Early

As well he should. Mattis, whom I fully respect, is out of line.
Out of line? For simply expressing his expert opinion? No 1st Amendment rights, like in Putin’s Russia?
It looks to me that Trump is “out of line” with his weak ego. A boss that can’t take constructive criticism by someone who is supported by 90% or so subordinates (troops) is the one “out of line” and should be fired!

Mattis joins the long list of rightwing heroes to be decried as a RINO :laugh:

How long until Trump joins that list, I wonder?

Mattis is a great general who didn't want Obama's war in Syria to end.

Obama's ISIS forces are defeated, America has no interest in staying in Syria.

Trump is right, Mattis is wrong.
Weird then that Trump just bragged about Turkey choosing to take on the currently undefeated ISIS.

Forum List

Back