Why very few states try legalize soft drugs

grbb

VIP Member
Oct 15, 2016
Why very few countries/states try taxing and legalizing safe soft drugs?

This question Why are many safe narcotics illegal? ask why many safe narcotics are illegal. The answer is that because people believe that it's unsafe. It's not tradition bla bla bla.

Imagine if I have a business. Imagine if I believe falsely, that hiring LSD user people is bad. Someone else that doesn't share my believe will hire LSD users anyway. If it turns out that my beliefs are false, then I will be outcompeted. My fellow businessmen that hire drug users will be rich.

In fact, I've heard that many companies in Silicon Valley (please confirm this) don't even bother doing drug tests. There is a hidden secret that drug users are better programmers. Businesses, wanting profit, then turn a blind eyes.

Here is some articles Is there evidence that drugs can help programmers produce “better” code? | Hacker News

Now. It is possible that the believe is true. It is possible that drug users are more likely to blow up companies in suicide bombing or driving airplanes to corporate head quarters or get offended when you flush their LSD strip down the toilet. In that case, companies would stop hiring LSD users.

However, if LSD users turn out to be great programmers, most businesses will just hire them and don't bother testing for drugs.

So basically, for most businesses to make a decision, that decision doesn't need to be just "believed" but need to be true. Bad decisions lead to less profit and that motivate most business to make decisions based on what is true.

False beliefs rarely survive competition. Western Europe become advance because their countries compete with one another. When Magellan want to travel around the world and rejected by one country, he just ask for another country to allow him.

That means, if a drug is harmless, whoever have power on those states will make tons of profit by taxing it. They get benefits of tax without all the harms that come out of the drug.

May be it's true. May be legalizing soft drugs are dangerous. May be it can cause more terrorism or civil war. However, it's not even tried.

Why almost no state are willing to try legalizing most soft drugs?

Why most states agree to criminalize LSD, ganja, psychobilin MDMA, and DMT? Even though there are plenty of scientific evidences that those drugs are harmless and there are plenty of competition among states..

Drug users will always say that the best performance is from drug users. It's a hallmark of drug use.

Charlie Sheen thought he was winning.

Dennis Hopper thought he did his best work on drugs.

Why very few countries/states try taxing and legalizing safe soft drugs?

This question Why are many safe narcotics illegal? ask why many safe narcotics are illegal. The answer is that because people believe that it's unsafe. It's not tradition bla bla bla.

Imagine if I have a business. Imagine if I believe falsely, that hiring LSD user people is bad. Someone else that doesn't share my believe will hire LSD users anyway. If it turns out that my beliefs are false, then I will be outcompeted. My fellow businessmen that hire drug users will be rich.

In fact, I've heard that many companies in Silicon Valley (please confirm this) don't even bother doing drug tests. There is a hidden secret that drug users are better programmers. Businesses, wanting profit, then turn a blind eyes.

Here is some articles Is there evidence that drugs can help programmers produce “better” code? | Hacker News

Now. It is possible that the believe is true. It is possible that drug users are more likely to blow up companies in suicide bombing or driving airplanes to corporate head quarters or get offended when you flush their LSD strip down the toilet. In that case, companies would stop hiring LSD users.

However, if LSD users turn out to be great programmers, most businesses will just hire them and don't bother testing for drugs.

So basically, for most businesses to make a decision, that decision doesn't need to be just "believed" but need to be true. Bad decisions lead to less profit and that motivate most business to make decisions based on what is true.

False beliefs rarely survive competition. Western Europe become advance because their countries compete with one another. When Magellan want to travel around the world and rejected by one country, he just ask for another country to allow him.

That means, if a drug is harmless, whoever have power on those states will make tons of profit by taxing it. They get benefits of tax without all the harms that come out of the drug.

May be it's true. May be legalizing soft drugs are dangerous. May be it can cause more terrorism or civil war. However, it's not even tried.

Why almost no state are willing to try legalizing most soft drugs?

Why most states agree to criminalize LSD, ganja, psychobilin MDMA, and DMT? Even though there are plenty of scientific evidences that those drugs are harmless and there are plenty of competition among states..
If I had to take a guess making any drug illegal in the first place makes a politician look virtues. Since users of any given drug are usually a minority they cant really vote out the ones responsible for making it illegal.
Since most people use painkillers no sane politician would try outlawing it how ever outlawing a less used drug is again seen as "righteous".

Of course every case regarding a drug is different but I think this is the highest variable on the list.
Cheers.

This is what I mean

If marijuana is indeed dangerous, it makes sense to prohibit it. If it's not it makes sense to allow it.

Companies do that. And different companies do that differently because they have different needs.

Companies in labor-intensive industries — hoteliers and home health care providers and employers with many warehouse and assembly jobs — are most likely to drop marijuana testing. By contrast, businesses that contract with the government or that are in regulated industries, like air travel, or that have safety concerns involving machinery, are continuing marijuana tests, employment lawyers say. Federal regulations require the testing of pilots, train operators and other key transportation workers.

I suppose different countries should be similar

New Topics

Forum List

Back