Trump Event

Too short notice?

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that broadcasting a free 2-hour campaign commercial might ruffle some feathers at the FEC.
Probably. Which goes to show just how much power the media has. Which in turn is the gripe of many. Since when does the media speak for the citizens of this country?

The MSM in all nations do this. They appoint themselves to speak for ALL people. This is getting unacceptable, we must take back the media, regain the agenda, it's up to us THE PEOPLE to do this.

So freedom of speech and property rights don't apply to media corporations?

They have too much and they've been abusing it for too many years. To the detriment of the actual people.

So you're suggesting that "the people" should overthrow and confiscate the property of the wealthy and powerful?

Sounds mighty Communist to me...

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that broadcasting a free 2-hour campaign commercial might ruffle some feathers at the FEC.
Probably. Which goes to show just how much power the media has. Which in turn is the gripe of many. Since when does the media speak for the citizens of this country?

The MSM in all nations do this. They appoint themselves to speak for ALL people. This is getting unacceptable, we must take back the media, regain the agenda, it's up to us THE PEOPLE to do this.

They have too much and they've been abusing it for too many years. To the detriment of the actual people.

So you're suggesting that "the people" should overthrow and confiscate the property of the wealthy and powerful?

What? This isn't what I was meaning, I'm meaning the MSM, I wasn't mentioning property rights, you for some odd reason brought property rights into it.

I was meaning MSM and their so-called "freedom of speech", which they've been abusing for years ie. by having a monopoly and pushing The Agenda.

Too short notice?

They now have a monopoly with which they push THEIR Agenda. To the detriment of the actual people.

the media aims their message to the majority, not the minority ... most popular gets the attention, least popular least attention. Business is business.

They now have a monopoly with which they push THEIR Agenda. To the detriment of the actual people.

the media aims their message to the majority, not the minority ... most popular gets the attention, least popular least attention. Business is business.
Business is business. Ok. So....the majority of americans voting for who they want as POTUS not counting for anything is just business then? Sounds communistic to me.

What? This isn't what I was meaning, I'm meaning the MSM, I wasn't mentioning property rights, you for some odd reason brought property rights into it.

I was meaning MSM and their so-called "freedom of speech", which they've been abusing for years ie. by having a monopoly and pushing The Agenda.

What you are referring to as a "monopoly" is actually 5-10 corporations viscously competing with each other - and when I speak of property rights, I'm speaking of the fact that those corporations own the broadcast anntenas, studios, cable lines and so on.

Why don't you tell us what your "solution" would be?

Business is business. Ok. So....the majority of americans voting for who they want as POTUS not counting for anything is just business then? Sounds communistic to me.

What are you talking about?

No one is being prevented from voting for whichever candidate they want.

Like what, rap, Transgenders, anything Hollyweird, who's screwing who, anything freak in general? And this is good? Do you think the people, the majority would go for this stuff IF it wasn't pushed almost 24/7 by the MSM? I don't.

They don't want people THINKING, because when the people THINK, they begin to notice The Man Behind The Curtain, which is the greatest fear that The Globalists have.

Dumb people down with Entertainment and things that just aren't that important, that's what they've been doing for years, thanks to the monopoly the MSM has to push the Agenda.

What you are referring to as a "monopoly" is actually 5-10 corporations viscously competing with each other - and when I speak of property rights, I'm speaking of the fact that those corporations own the broadcast anntenas, studios, cable lines and so on.

More like 5, and they in America, control ALL your media....thousands and thousands ALL controlled by the 5, and this is healthy?

More like 5, and they in America, control ALL your media....thousands and thousands ALL controlled by the 5, and this is healthy?

What do you mean by "healthy"?

This is how capitalism works.

The more I think about it, I'm pretty sure that If any TV station aired Trump's clown show, they'd be opening themselves up to significant legal action from the other candidates, and possibly the FEC as well.

You don't think he had his lawyers review this before committing to it?

It's not a legal problem for him. It might be a legal problem for any TV stations who would broadcast it.

And you'll notice that no TV stations have "committed" to broadcast it.

Yes, they have. CBS is going to live stream it. They are the only broadcast company who is currently live streaming content, so they nabbed it.

How to watch Donald Trump's veterans event

The more I think about it, I'm pretty sure that If any TV station aired Trump's clown show, they'd be opening themselves up to significant legal action from the other candidates, and possibly the FEC as well.

It's not a legal problem for him. It might be a legal problem for any TV stations who would broadcast it.

Yes, they have. CBS is going to live stream it. They are the only broadcast company who is currently live streaming content, so they nabbed it.

Live streaming over the Internet is not regulated in regards to campaign finance laws the same way television is.

They're not broadcasting it on TV.

Of course it's not, and no one here is happy about it. But then again back when most of us were little kids, all we had were 3-4 channels for television, and newspapers were local, as was radio. So we actually have much more access now than 40-50 years ago. You chatter like this is China or something.

Live streaming over the Internet is not regulated in regards to campaign finance laws the same way television is.

They're not broadcasting it on TV.

By "TV station" I thought you meant broadcast or cable companies. But that's a minor detail considering we can live stream over our televisions now. So yes, it will be on television. We won't have to sit in front of our computers. I've got both Roku and Amazon.

Of course it's not, and no one here is happy about it. But then again back when most of us were little kids, all we had were 3-4 channels for television, and newspapers were local, as was radio. So we actually have much more access now than 40-50 years ago. You chatter like this is China or something.

I can't concentrate right now, I've been watching baby sloths get bathed and put into special pajamas. So, this sort of cuteness OD means loss of concentration.

What do you mean by "healthy"?

This is how capitalism works.

It's how monopolies work. And Verizon and Comcast are fighting it out in court with each other now. And gradually reducing our access to non-cable venues.

Forum List

Back