Trump Event

Has Trump been able to state which veteran's charity he's going to donate to?

It seems a lot of them want nothing to do with him.
Sucks the leaders of certain groups are putting their personal politics above the benefits of their veterans.....

I think you'll find that veterans in general don't appreciate being used for cheap political points.

Pretty sure those speaking for vets aren't waiting in a long LONG line to see a doc to save their lives and could care less where the money comes from. They just want the HELP.

Trump should pay for a plant in the Faux audience who stands up to ask a question and says "oh, I thought this was the Trump thing, I'd rather go help veterans", then walks out.

The more I think about it, I'm pretty sure that If any TV station aired Trump's clown show, they'd be opening themselves up to significant legal action from the other candidates, and possibly the FEC as well.

You don't think he had his lawyers review this before committing to it?

It's not a legal problem for him. It might be a legal problem for any TV stations who would broadcast it.

And you'll notice that no TV stations have "committed" to broadcast it.
Too short notice?

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that broadcasting a free 2-hour campaign commercial might ruffle some feathers at the FEC.

View attachment 61439

AND

Mike Huckabee, Rick Santorum Want to Join Donald Trump Veterans Event - Breitbart

I will be boycotting the GOP debate and will watch the Veterans thing instead :) I encourage you all to do the same thing!

Good, we in ALL nations should always support our veterans, many are struggling, many are homeless, many have mental health problems it's a scandal that they're disrespected in this way.

Support Veterans.

By watching TV on ya fat ass

For a month now, Mr. Lucy and I have had a homeless veteran living with us. We found him living in a doorway and freezing, so we brought him home, we have many rooms in our house, he has one and he's being no problem.

So, HOW do YOU support veterans? Oh that's right, by watching TV on ya fat ass.

The more I think about it, I'm pretty sure that If any TV station aired Trump's clown show, they'd be opening themselves up to significant legal action from the other candidates, and possibly the FEC as well.

It's not a legal problem for him. It might be a legal problem for any TV stations who would broadcast it.

Too short notice?

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that broadcasting a free 2-hour campaign commercial might ruffle some feathers at the FEC.
Probably. Which goes to show just how much power the media has. Which in turn is the gripe of many. Since when does the media speak for the citizens of this country?

I think you'll find that veterans in general don't appreciate being used for cheap political points.
It depends how partisan politics guide them. Those in real need will take what they can get. However, the significance of the event is not the money raised tonight but putting the issue to the forefront for future action legislative or other, such as cleaning up the Department of Veterans Affairs.

View attachment 61439

AND

Mike Huckabee, Rick Santorum Want to Join Donald Trump Veterans Event - Breitbart

I will be boycotting the GOP debate and will watch the Veterans thing instead :) I encourage you all to do the same thing!

Good, we in ALL nations should always support our veterans, many are struggling, many are homeless, many have mental health problems it's a scandal that they're disrespected in this way.

Support Veterans.

For a month now, Mr. Lucy and I have had a homeless veteran living with us. We found him living in a doorway and freezing, so we brought him home, we have many rooms in our house, he has one and he's being no problem.

Good on you, just dont equate watching the boob tube with any sort of advocacy

Too short notice?

Probably. Which goes to show just how much power the media has. Which in turn is the gripe of many. Since when does the media speak for the citizens of this country?

I'm not following your logic.

Media picks and chooses who to focus on. We, the people, only get to see what they choose to show to mass audiences.

Too short notice?

I'm not following your logic.

billionaire tv broadcast ... average civilian offering goodwill ... same thing.

You can't follow that line of logic ???

shame that .. LOL

Meanwhile..I wonder if Huckabee and Santorum will be invited to participate. Trump tweeted that they asked but he didn't say whether he would give the go ahead. Personally, I think he wants the stage all to himself. Then again, it would be a major tweek to FOX noses in saying "sure, the more the better for the vets...and me".

Media picks and chooses who to focus on. We, the people, only get to see what they choose to show to mass audiences.

Ok... I don't see how that relates to my post, but we can run with this.

What do you think should be done about it? Are you calling for some sort of "fairness doctrine"?

View attachment 61439

AND

Support Veterans.

Thank You. I to have helped the homeless with a place to stay and with food for 2 transients when I lived in South Dakota they were near the interstate so I went to Wal Mart got some tuna,bread,jugs of water,peanut butter for them. It was hot as hell out one was going north to Fargo,ND one was headed west to Montana.

What do you think should be done about it? Are you calling for some sort of "fairness doctrine"?
What I think should be done about it is...the media needs to report the news and not take sides. Unbiased reporting, not opinions and/or choosing who gets "seen" and "heard". Personally, I would like to "see" and "hear" more about OMalley, but.....crickets. The "news" focuses on BernBern and Hillary, Trump and Cruz.

Too short notice?

The MSM in all nations do this. They appoint themselves to speak for ALL people. This is getting unacceptable, we must take back the media, regain the agenda, it's up to us THE PEOPLE to do this.

What I think should be done about it is...the media needs to report the news and not take sides. Unbiased reporting, not opinions and/or choosing who gets "seen" and "heard". Personally, I would like to "see" and "hear" more about OMalley, but.....crickets. The "news" focuses on BernBern and Hillary, Trump and Cruz.

What do you mean when you say "should"?

Are you suggesting that the government issue further regulaions?

View attachment 61439

AND

Support Veterans.

Thank You. I to have helped the homeless with a place to stay and with food for 2 transients when I lived in South Dakota they were near the interstate so I went to Wal Mart got some tuna,bread,jugs of water,peanut butter for them. It was hot as hell out one was going north to Fargo,ND one was headed west to Montana.

Thank you also for doing this. It's just an automatic and basic human thing to do, you see people in those situations, if you're in the position to help them, this is natural.

Too short notice?

The MSM in all nations do this. They appoint themselves to speak for ALL people. This is getting unacceptable, we must take back the media, regain the agenda, it's up to us THE PEOPLE to do this.

So freedom of speech and property rights don't apply to media corporations?

Too short notice?

So freedom of speech and property rights don't apply to media corporations?

They have too much and they've been abusing it for too many years. To the detriment of the actual people.

They now have a monopoly with which they push THEIR Agenda. To the detriment of the actual people.

Forum List

Back