Trump Cuts Disability & Social Security Benefits

Teachers cannot even recommend this! You are a lying sack of shit! I was a school administrator for two years also. You don't know how many times I had to attend meetings when doctors recommended medication to parents. I have two grandsons who took ADHD medications because they were out of control. With medication they were A-B students. Without it, they failed miserably, even in subjects they loved.

Teachers simply do not and cannot do what you claim.

BTW, Ritalin is no longer anywhere near the medication of choice. My grandson was on one that caused seizures. As soon as he stopped taking that drug, no more seizures.
So you do agree that you need to drug some children....thanks for the confirmation..

Yes, some children need medication. My grandson's father was incorrigible and barely graduated from an alternative high school. It is genetic!

I had students that were failing miserably until their PARENTS took them to a DOCTOR who pet them on meds. Overnight, I had a straight A student who stayed on the honor roll the rest of his high school time. I saw very few times where the meds failed. I could tell when a kid forgot to take their meds before coming to school almost every time.
I Learned that these kids weren't in need of medicine, they just needed to focus on what they did best. Since I was ADHD, I got straight A's in Math and Science, but didnt like English, so needed extra help there. It was found that a cup of Coffee helped out a lot also. Maybe instead of junking up the kids, find the natural way to make them succeed, but then kids like that wont ever vote Demonrat.

Well, I was a teacher for 21 years and to say I have seen it all is an understatement. Coffee will cause ADHD, not treat it. You are full of shit more than anything else. When you receive training in teaching special needs students, come back and we'll discuss it.
So I guess you have a medical degree? Coffee, which has caffeine burned me out, without the zombie effect of Ritalin. I was able to go through school, and work on 50 million dollar aircraft, without any problem.

No, but I have 21 years experience with kids having ADHD and two grandsons that have/had it.

So you do agree that you need to drug some children....thanks for the confirmation..

Yes, some children need medication. My grandson's father was incorrigible and barely graduated from an alternative high school. It is genetic!

I had students that were failing miserably until their PARENTS took them to a DOCTOR who pet them on meds. Overnight, I had a straight A student who stayed on the honor roll the rest of his high school time. I saw very few times where the meds failed. I could tell when a kid forgot to take their meds before coming to school almost every time.
I Learned that these kids weren't in need of medicine, they just needed to focus on what they did best. Since I was ADHD, I got straight A's in Math and Science, but didnt like English, so needed extra help there. It was found that a cup of Coffee helped out a lot also. Maybe instead of junking up the kids, find the natural way to make them succeed, but then kids like that wont ever vote Demonrat.

Well, I was a teacher for 21 years and to say I have seen it all is an understatement. Coffee will cause ADHD, not treat it. You are full of shit more than anything else. When you receive training in teaching special needs students, come back and we'll discuss it.
So I guess you have a medical degree? Coffee, which has caffeine burned me out, without the zombie effect of Ritalin. I was able to go through school, and work on 50 million dollar aircraft, without any problem.

No, but I have 21 years experience with kids having ADHD and two grandsons that have/had it.

You do realize the CDC would consider ADHD a pandemic ,were it contagious Admiral

Of course our lovely mental health community will forward the excuse of modern diagnostics , etc

Anything to addict the kids , most of whom share more w/friends than take themselves

Their assessments are entirely shill, but what can be expected of MH losers who have to lower themselves to public vs private service?

I'm sure you've rubbed elbows w/enough of satan's spawn to get the jist

~S~

The greatest president of all time proves he is the man for the job by continuing to take benefits from those who need it the most the Elderly and Disabled. He continues to propose more spending cuts on these programs. The republicans really know how to save money, screw the people in this country who need those benefits the most the Elderly and Disabled. And I have to pat them on the back for making more disabled people have to go through more hoops just to get their benefits; review boards every few years to prove they really have a disability and aren't faking it or no longer need the money. We all know too many people in wheelchairs, on crutches, the blind, the deaf, the mentally retarded, and mentally ill are freeloaders and don't really need that money the government gives them. So many are just faking it after all. We also know way too many seniors are living high hog on those outrageously high social security checks they get, we need to slash those too.

I remember a woman I met who was disabled in wheelchair for severe back problems and deaf getting repeatedly denied disability benefits in her "Republican" state she lived in. She had to talk to the people denying her benefits through an interpreter who used sign language. It took 3 times going in person to try to get her benefits, writing letters to congressman, having doctors call in person stating why she needs these benefits, submitting medical records, and many months of stress. I specially remember a lady telling her over the phone "well I am disabled and I don't need benefits, I can work. Just because your disabled mam doesn't mean your entitled to benefits."

I remember all the loopholes and stress that poor woman had to go through just to get her benefits. Now the Republicans want these disabled American's to go through even more loopholes and stress just to get the benefits they need because too many Americans are faking a disability. So just to save some money we have to subject those disabled Americans who truly need those benefits too all this stress and hardship just to receive their benefits. Brilliant plan Republicans! Just Brilliant!
No link? You're a liar.

No link? You're a liar.

Anecdotal experience exists all around you Mike

In fact, i'd say there's 1/2 millennium worth of it opining on any given day/ issue on the USMB, and 1000 X's that on the internets

No link need apply

thx

~S~

Cutting social security and Medicare is pitical suicide....and rightfully so. Think of how many millions have needed it and benefited by it. Two of the best things america has ever done

I can understand cutting some disability benefits. Those would be children with IEP's meaning they are in special classes at school. These children are learning disabled so they are getting the special teacher they need with an educational program made just for that child.

I disagree with you there. I was a special needs kid growing up with an IEP. I was diagnosed with Dyslexia and ADHD as a kid and was put in Special Needs classes. Special Education teachers and Special Education programs are often very underfunded with teachers having to put their own money in just for supplies.
Jesus. Did you suck at sports too?

Have you seen the shows that catch those who aren't disabled water skiing, carrying 50" tv's into their house and golfing?

No

I have not. My sister is a doctor and she told me she knows of many people that aren’t really disabled that she comes across that do receive disability benefits because they’re gaming the system. I don’t know what percentage of people on disability are committing fraud, but I know it exists

So you would hurt those that really need help because someone engages in fraud?

Have you seen the shows that catch those who aren't disabled water skiing, carrying 50" tv's into their house and golfing?

No

I have not. My sister is a doctor and she told me she knows of many people that aren’t really disabled that she comes across that do receive disability benefits because they’re gaming the system. I don’t know what percentage of people on disability are committing fraud, but I know it exists

So you would hurt those that really need help because someone engages in fraud?

where did you get that idea from? As a matter of fact I’m not even sure if I would support this proposal, because it’s costs money, I’m not sure it would do enough about fraud, and it may burden people on disability that are legitimately disabled

I can understand cutting some disability benefits. Those would be children with IEP's meaning they are in special classes at school. These children are learning disabled so they are getting the special teacher they need with an educational program made just for that child.

I disagree with you there. I was a special needs kid growing up with an IEP. I was diagnosed with Dyslexia and ADHD as a kid and was put in Special Needs classes. Special Education teachers and Special Education programs are often very underfunded with teachers having to put their own money in just for supplies.

Depends what you consider suck.

Actually there are a lot of athletes out there who suffered from learning disabilities and ADHD. I was on the varsity team for two different sports. In one sport I finished with a 25-5 record didn't go down state, so I guess I was "ok".

Only thing I was really good at was lifting weights in high school, I was gifted with a lot of strength not brains. I made the top 10 list for my weight class in PowerLifting USA and I broke a national bench press for teens at my weight class.

So I guess your right I sucked at sports too.

Depends what you consider suck.

Actually there are a lot of athletes out there who suffered from learning disabilities and ADHD. I was on the varsity team for two different sports. In one sport I finished with a 25-5 record didn't go down state, so I guess I was "ok".

Only thing I was really good at was lifting weights in high school, I was gifted with a lot of strength not brains. I made the top 10 list for my weight class in PowerLifting USA and I broke a national bench press for teens at my weight class.

So I guess your right I sucked at sports too.
So you did not suck. Excellent. Nature supplied you with athletic gifts to make up for your difficulties in other areas.

Disability is the welfare portion of SS and we need to stop it.

Not only is it tremendously fraudulently used but it is the wrong use for the money that suppose to be collected for retirement.

The best thing to do is to phase out SS but in the meantime lets at least stop the disability welfare part of it.

Trump is the Man!

Not only is it tremendously fraudulently used but it is the wrong use for the money that suppose to be collected for retirement.

The best thing to do is to phase out SS but in the meantime lets at least stop the disability welfare part of it.

Trump is the Man!

Having a best friend who depends on Social Security Disability, due to Autism, Bi Polar disorder, and a 63 IQ.

I'm not really feeling Trump, and his idiotic supporters at this rate.

The idea that some kind Americans should just die on the streets, because they can't work because of a disability is not just amoral.

It actually not even logical, considering the money goes back into the economy into consumerism.

The greatest president of all time proves he is the man for the job by continuing to take benefits from those who need it the most the Elderly and Disabled. He continues to propose more spending cuts on these programs. The republicans really know how to save money, screw the people in this country who need those benefits the most the Elderly and Disabled. And I have to pat them on the back for making more disabled people have to go through more hoops just to get their benefits; review boards every few years to prove they really have a disability and aren't faking it or no longer need the money. We all know too many people in wheelchairs, on crutches, the blind, the deaf, the mentally retarded, and mentally ill are freeloaders and don't really need that money the government gives them. So many are just faking it after all. We also know way too many seniors are living high hog on those outrageously high social security checks they get, we need to slash those too.

I remember a woman I met who was disabled in wheelchair for severe back problems and deaf getting repeatedly denied disability benefits in her "Republican" state she lived in. She had to talk to the people denying her benefits through an interpreter who used sign language. It took 3 times going in person to try to get her benefits, writing letters to congressman, having doctors call in person stating why she needs these benefits, submitting medical records, and many months of stress. I specially remember a lady telling her over the phone "well I am disabled and I don't need benefits, I can work. Just because your disabled mam doesn't mean your entitled to benefits."

I remember all the loopholes and stress that poor woman had to go through just to get her benefits. Now the Republicans want these disabled American's to go through even more loopholes and stress just to get the benefits they need because too many Americans are faking a disability. So just to save some money we have to subject those disabled Americans who truly need those benefits too all this stress and hardship just to receive their benefits. Brilliant plan Republicans! Just Brilliant!
How do YOU propose the United States government lower spending?

Trump is the Man!

Having a best friend who depends on Social Security Disability, due to Autism, Bi Polar disorder, and a 63 IQ.

I'm not really feeling Trump, and his idiotic supporters at this rate.

The idea that some kind Americans should just die on the streets, because they can't work because of a disability is not just amoral.

It actually not even logical, considering the money goes back into the economy into consumerism.

I am sorry but if you want disability insurance you should go buy it.

It is not my responsibility to pay for your disability. It is your responsibility.

When they take funds from SS to pay it then they are robbing somebody else of their retirement funds because the filthy government makes you pay into SS.

However, the best thing is not have SS or any forced government entitlement.

It actually not even logical, considering the money goes back into the economy into consumerism

1500552680_000_Par7425612.jpg

agree

Last edited:

Trump is the Man!

It's collected for both, retirement and disability. Your FICA tax is what funds it--not your SS contributions, although SS payouts are also supported by FICA.

Forum List

Back